Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4023 4024 4025 4026 4027 4028 4029 4030 4031 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

granite_grrl

Aug 26, 2013, 11:34 PM
Post #100651 of 105309 (5909 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
Wekend report:

Wife and I climbzed the spurt climbz. One of the routes I was interested in I sent in just a couple tries, the other one I could not get up at all. Is it possible that two weeks of alpine climbing does not put one in the best spurt climbing shape? At least I remembered how to do the Texas Rope Trick, so didn't have to face the indignity of leaving a biner behind. The wife got what the guidebook said was only her second 11d, but discovered that MP downgraded it. She actually agrees that it's only 11c, so whatever. Still, woulda been nice.

Then, on the tyrolean back over the creek, I somehow got a big flap of skin on my arm caught between the biner and the tyrolean rope. Holy crap that hurt.

GO

I gave a a shot of indignation when he was going to bail off a route leaving a quicklink. He had the gall to tell me that a quicklink and a cheap biner were the exact same thing....what?

But both you and this guy have to learn how to use a stick clip better. There should never be an excuse to leave gear behind.

who is "he"? I assume this is not chossy.

Just some guy at the cliff. I was putting my pack back on and heard him ask his partner (who was two bolts up at this point, they had stick clipped both I think) if she wanted a quicklink to bail. I was that irritating bystander that had to pipe in with my opinion.

You do realize that Texas Rope Trick means I did *not* leave anything behind, right?

BTW, I rarely carry a stick clip with me when sport climbing. And I believe the only time I've ever left anything behind when bailing was seven pitches up an alpine route, left a small nut, a chunk of cord, and a biner. I don't think your stick clip would have helped much.

GO

Of course I understand, but you don't seem to understand that stick clip > texas rope trick.

climbingtrash

Aug 27, 2013, 12:54 AM
Post #100652 of 105309 (5896 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] CI shitz pants in rage!!!1 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
gonna be a weke end of blorting owt. heading to the stone beer fest on saturday, then sticking around SD to watch the mets-padres game on sunday. teh ABz will be there.

The Bastards! Well say hello from me and ask if I can borrow his drum set.

Drumming kin involve exersize...

might be best to ask if ewe kin borrow his backgammon bord?

Man, I am getting a ton of excercise these days, but the problem is so little of it involves actual rock. I have been doing a ton of
yoga
biking
water skiing
surfing
gym climbing
flag boying

ugh. Not going to make it this weekend either.

Much like teh dog, who returniths to his own vomit....

Teh entire hole crew

iz returning to CI's backyard this long weekend,

to cause CI to further shitz pants in rage.

•rage•

You guys going to columns or the other sleepy time crag? ZzzI?

Sigh. I think I can do a day.

Gulp... I have a brunch one day and a pee wee golf birthday party another.

poynts and laffs! Ewe should just give up counselor.

tripperjm

Aug 27, 2013, 1:57 AM
Post #100653 of 105309 (5887 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
gonna be a weke end of blorting owt. heading to the stone beer fest on saturday, then sticking around SD to watch the mets-padres game on sunday. teh ABz will be there.

Man, I am getting a ton of excercise these days, but the problem is so little of it involves actual rock. I have been doing a ton of
yoga
biking
water skiing
surfing
gym climbing
flag boying

You know, it's not that hard to go climbing.

That is true, but the loyerette has arranged a fine Brunch on Sunday. kind of spikes the weekend for climbing.

not really. day trips do exist.

teh gf has a jiant family lunch this sunday. I'll be at teh hole.

Well, sometimes climbing is all about disappointing your loved ones after all.

Or at least scaring the crap out of them. The Diamond went great yesterday, but I wasn't back in cell phone range until like 7:30 yesterday. I knew my cell was working again because on the drive out of the Park, it rings, and my frantic wife is on the phone wondering if I'm dead. Unlike all you gerks, she was relieved that I answered.

GO

Heh! I totally think my parents will call in rescue services one day, when I don't answer the phone.

Last May, the RRGCC BOD posted looking for a Blue Honda, with a specific license plate, please call... People were looking for it everywhere. It was finally found at Miguel's, and Natalie left a note on the windshield to please call Mom.

Apparently some kid didn't call his mother on Mother's day, and she was convinced that he was lying dead somewhere in the gorge, so she contacted every possible entity associated with the gorge, from RRGCC BOD to Miguel's to Slade/Beattiville chamber of commerce...

Look, I get it,

that yore gitty and awl...

and kan't fuking shut up.

Gnu girl on teh block bet...

has to sit up front....

has to make a scene...

has to yacks so fuking much...

two anywon who will listen,

including flies buzzing around teh room.

Course ,

Their are rules....

Well,

they are more like guidelines.

But still,

We don't talk to teh flies.

Try to pay attention?

oh yea... and while yore up there showboating,

try to remember there iz a hole bunch ov us sitting in teh cumfy chairs behind ewe, that have been hear a long tyme...

and didn't get in on sum sleazy exemption.

So maybes...

try show a little respect...

fer teh blood shed, teh lives lost and teh butthurtz caused...

buy those paid teh price to be hear.

tripperjm

Aug 27, 2013, 2:05 AM
Post #100654 of 105309 (5886 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
A pretty sweet TR from marco:
http://www.supertopo.com/....php?articleid=12102

I red that a couple weeks back...

it's gud.

It wus also cool when he dropped in on us at teh leap.

tripperjm

Aug 27, 2013, 2:12 AM
Post #100655 of 105309 (5882 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
OK, so I gets home today and I has teh delivered package....

WOHOOO!!!1 I lurve getting packages.

cept, I didn't order anything and it's knot from 5.10.

It wasn't ticking so I fingered it wood be safe to open.

takes note that jak will happily open package of anthrax*

I welcum teh darkness

tripperjm

Aug 27, 2013, 2:25 AM
Post #100656 of 105309 (5881 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

yoga
biking
water skiing
surfing
gym climbing
flag boying

That is true, but the loyerette has arranged a fine Brunch on Sunday. kind of spikes the weekend for climbing.

Or at least scaring the crap out of them. The Diamond went great yesterday, but I wasn't back in cell phone range until like 7:30 yesterday. I knew my cell was working again because on the drive out of the Park, it rings, and my frantic wife is on the phone wondering if I'm dead. Unlike all you gerks, she was relieved that I answered.

GO

Heh! I totally think my parents will call in rescue services one day, when I don't answer the phone.

Last May, the RRGCC BOD posted looking for a Blue Honda, with a specific license plate, please call... People were looking for it everywhere. It was finally found at Miguel's, and Natalie left a note on the windshield to please call Mom.

Apparently some kid didn't call his mother on Mother's day, and she was convinced that he was lying dead somewhere in the gorge, so she contacted every possible entity associated with the gorge, from RRGCC BOD to Miguel's to Slade/Beattiville chamber of commerce...

What a jerk kid, not calling his mom.

When I went on my 3 month trip after university I still called my parents at least once a week to let them know I was doing okay. It was a bit of a pain in the ass because I was using pay phones and a calling card they gave me (no cell phone, roaming charges would have been crazy).
What if his mother is a controlling nutter who he no longer wants to talk to?
<<didn't call his mother on mother's day.

If the mother knew the licence plate number, chances are it wasn't his car. If you're still borrowing you're parent's vehicle, you're probably still young enough that you should be checking in with your mother regularly.

It's tru...

Still, ewe kan't fuking tell kids anything.

Mine still thinks it summer vacation....

too years after HS.

tripperjm

Aug 27, 2013, 2:46 AM
Post #100657 of 105309 (5875 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Wading into the copy-editor's revisions to my footnotes. Holy shit, it is a miring swamp of cheesetittery in there. I really wish that I could travel back in time and slap myself and my dissertation committee.

At least it's shitty weather out, so I'm not missing anything.

I wood be happy two slap ewe

carabiner96

Aug 27, 2013, 2:53 AM
Post #100658 of 105309 (5873 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tripperjm] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:

I welcum teh darkness
it can be arranged.

dr_feelgood

Aug 27, 2013, 3:22 AM
Post #100659 of 105309 (5867 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
tripperjm wrote:

I welcum teh darkness
Everybody dies. Not everybody lives.

tripperjm

Aug 27, 2013, 5:04 AM
Post #100660 of 105309 (5859 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
drivel wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

yoga
biking
water skiing
surfing
gym climbing
flag boying

GO

so, it wasn't dark yet and she was flipping out? how long overdue were you?

yeah, 7:30 for a backcountry route with a long descent doesn't seem especially late.

I try to tell teh gf to not call any authorities until I'm at least 24 hours overdue.

Back when I wus a rookie we were at Taquitz and at teh end ov teh day we went for won more root topped owt in teh dark and walked down. When we got close to teh parking lot.... a couple hours after dark, we cood hear a woman crying.

Turns owt teh woman, future mother ov my children, who I had only dating for a few months wus meeting us that knite to climb teh next day. When awl teh other teams had gotten back to teh car and we didn't return, she waited an hour then went down to report us overdue to teh ranger.

Course, teh ranger told her to wait until morning to report us.

Course, I red her teh riot act. Mentioned that if she ever jumped teh gun again, and called a rescue on me, we were done.

Ten years later, I wus up on a full conditions winter ascent wall... and yea we were several days late getting down. Partners girlfriend wus freeking owt call my future ex, to ask what to due. She told her under know circumstance to call a rescue. Stupid bitch coodn't listen and called a rescue.

After days, teh storm had finally broken. We were owt ov food but we were on top in four feet ov snow. Won ov our finest ascents. Around midnite teh entire wall lites up and we are being hailed my megaphone from teh base.....

When we got back to cars, SARs wus waiting fir us to see if we were ok and told us who called teh rescue. I looked over at my partner, said 'that' it, we're done' walked to my car and never climbed with him again.

For teh record.... If ewe call a rescue on me, I better fuking need it, cuz if knot were done!!!1

tripperjm

Aug 27, 2013, 5:14 AM
Post #100661 of 105309 (5855 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
drivel wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
drivel wrote:
drivel wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
No posts for FOUR DAYS? What a disgrace!

O.K., I'll spray.

Went to the Gnu this weakend. Had a good time and did NOT cry.

Saturday was awesome temps, lightweight long-sleeve weather, low humidity. Climbed at the Other Place with Banz and two of his friends. Camhead bailed on us and went on spider-clearing tour of obscure carcks. No accounting for taste.

We had the place to ourselves all day. Highlight of the day-- sending Tiggers and Airplanes. It's an 11d that I've been on before, a couple of years ago. Onsighted it to the last move back then, then flailed around the last bolt until I determined that there really was no way to do the move other than the dyno. Which I then tried a whole bunch of times and finally stuck once. I dunno if this counts as one attempt or one hundred and forty one, but I only tied in once. Angelic

Anyway, this time around, I got a serious pep talk from Banz: "O.K., Lena, you know you'll have to jump. You know there is no other way to do it. Just freaking go for it, O.K.? Just once, please, can you all-out freaking jump for something?"

I said O.K., tied in, and started climbing. I didn't remember the moves up high, but I definitely remembered that there was nothing good to hold on to, and that I had to jump.

Then Matt and Chad, who were warming up around the corner, walked over. They missed the pep talk from Banz, but Matt knew I wasn't onsighting, so he was giving a blow-by-blow description to Chad, who has never been on the route. "O.k. , kinda hard move right off the ground, then it eases up a lot, rest right before the roof, the roof is just pumpy, but gigantic jugs, and then it is just a big dyno. Right there, she is about to do it... SHIT!" (said in a tone of voice that means, O.K. she is off, she screwed up)... long pause... then...

"WTF just happened? She DIDN'T JUMP! And she didn't fall. WTF? What did she grab? There is nothing there!"

would have been cooler if you jumped.

He makes a good poynte.

Durp. Learning to jump will open up many more new possible routes for you than crimping harder.

LOL, I want to be like that troll who is posting in the technique forums about "how do I climb overhangs".

I wonder if someone can tell me how to jump?

Poor Banz said "just jump, O.K.?", and "just go, now", and " just try" so many times on Apollo, I think the other guys were thinking that it was a loop recorder.

I tried. But I reach higher on the V-slot move if I don't jump then I do if I try to go dynamic. Obviously, I can't reach high enough statically. I have only tried it a 100 times or so, but I did get the point, I NEED to jump. I get it. But every time I try, I end up looking retarded and going into any direction except towards the V-slot.

I guess I will be trying again in a week or two, but I really think it would be helpful if I could replicate the move in the gym, instead of it being 8 bolts high and on a route that I can only get to once a month.

The thing is, there is this really shitty little bump below the V-slot, and I can ALMOST see myself holding it... LOL. No, I know, useless distraction, I need to be thinking about jumping...

Wait, when you say you don't climb dynamically do you mean that you don't dyno or you climb everything static (ie - you won't "pop" for a hold).

All of the above-written long-winded angst is about one specific dyno on Apollo, where I seem to be getting closer to the hold statically than dynamically, because the dynamic move is from a really awkward position and I can't seem to create the momentum that would carry me in the right direction.

I actually DO "pop" to holds pretty regularly. All-out dyno-- not so much, but I am trying.

You keep saying this word, "pop." I do not think it means what you think it means. And, as Dr.Ivel or I can attest, the v-slot move on Apollo is not particularly awkward; the key to momentum on it is all in the left foot. It would be cool to set a simulator porbelm in the gym with it, though.

More random stuff: Spencer was apparently asking Chris about who my "nice gay friend" was. Chris was like, "uhh, that was Dan, you know, the photographer? Then Spencer wondered again is Banz was teh ghey. Heh.

certainly GU'd? but i'm sure she's not talking about the pop to the v slot. Probably talking about the obligatory huck at the 4th bolt?

it's true that it's awkward to set it up. it's also true that NOT hucking makes it v6 or 7 instead of 3ish.

apparently I'm rong. ohwell.

but yeah. like camhat said, there's not a lot of upper body movement or even pulling in that move, so much as just locking the fuck off w your right hand which is taped so you don't fucking lose it at teh first knuckle, holding on for dear life with your right heel, and pushin with your left foot to rotate your body.

the really hard part for the shorties is releasing the lockoff of your right hand at just the correct moment, so that you can actually reach the hold. taller gerks just have to rotate their bodies.

Ah, that makes sense. I do get to within about 2 in of the V-slot by doing just that (locking the shit out of the right arm, pushing with the left foot, and rotating the body-- I call that "going to the hold staticly", even though there is the push from the left leg), but then I am fully and completely stuck with my lockoff being at it's max, elbow digging into the body and the right hand right next to and below the shoulder. I need to be thinking about RELEASING it at the right time. Cool

Seriously, people, I don't think this sort of beta micro-analysis has ever been done in BET. Tongue

lol can't tell if you're being sarcastic. but yeah, it felt like trying to time the release of a rock from a sling. you gotta hit the right tangent line.

This is probably the most micro-analytical beta that has ever been spewn in teh BET, but shit, I've done the route 38 39 times, which is probably more than any of the Cali-gerkz have done Clean and Jerk. So, I am zee expert, ja.

This iz knot korrect.... back it teh day we used to got to teh CJ and teh Beaver a lot. I've probibly done teh CJ several hundred tymes.

tripperjm

Aug 27, 2013, 5:23 AM
Post #100662 of 105309 (5853 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
drivel wrote:
drivel wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

O.K., I'll spray.

Saturday was awesome temps, lightweight long-sleeve weather, low humidity. Climbed at the Other Place with Banz and two of his friends. Camhead bailed on us and went on spider-clearing tour of obscure carcks. No accounting for taste.

We had the place to ourselves all day. Highlight of the day-- sending Tiggers and Airplanes. It's an 11d that I've been on before, a couple of years ago. Onsighted it to the last move back then, then flailed around the last bolt until I determined that there really was no way to do the move other than the dyno. Which I then tried a whole bunch of times and finally stuck once. I dunno if this counts as one attempt or one hundred and forty one, but I only tied in once. Angelic

Anyway, this time around, I got a serious pep talk from Banz: "O.K., Lena, you know you'll have to jump. You know there is no other way to do it. Just freaking go for it, O.K.? Just once, please, can you all-out freaking jump for something?"

I said O.K., tied in, and started climbing. I didn't remember the moves up high, but I definitely remembered that there was nothing good to hold on to, and that I had to jump.

Then Matt and Chad, who were warming up around the corner, walked over. They missed the pep talk from Banz, but Matt knew I wasn't onsighting, so he was giving a blow-by-blow description to Chad, who has never been on the route. "O.k. , kinda hard move right off the ground, then it eases up a lot, rest right before the roof, the roof is just pumpy, but gigantic jugs, and then it is just a big dyno. Right there, she is about to do it... SHIT!" (said in a tone of voice that means, O.K. she is off, she screwed up)... long pause... then...

"WTF just happened? She DIDN'T JUMP! And she didn't fall. WTF? What did she grab? There is nothing there!"

He makes a good poynte.

Durp. Learning to jump will open up many more new possible routes for you than crimping harder.

LOL, I want to be like that troll who is posting in the technique forums about "how do I climb overhangs".

Poor Banz said "just jump, O.K.?", and "just go, now", and " just try" so many times on Apollo, I think the other guys were thinking that it was a loop recorder.

I tried. But I reach higher on the V-slot move if I don't jump then I do if I try to go dynamic. Obviously, I can't reach high enough statically. I have only tried it a 100 times or so, but I did get the point, I NEED to jump. I get it. But every time I try, I end up looking retarded and going into any direction except towards the V-slot.

I guess I will be trying again in a week or two, but I really think it would be helpful if I could replicate the move in the gym, instead of it being 8 bolts high and on a route that I can only get to once a month.

The thing is, there is this really shitty little bump below the V-slot, and I can ALMOST see myself holding it... LOL. No, I know, useless distraction, I need to be thinking about jumping...

Wait, when you say you don't climb dynamically do you mean that you don't dyno or you climb everything static (ie - you won't "pop" for a hold).

All of the above-written long-winded angst is about one specific dyno on Apollo, where I seem to be getting closer to the hold statically than dynamically, because the dynamic move is from a really awkward position and I can't seem to create the momentum that would carry me in the right direction.

I actually DO "pop" to holds pretty regularly. All-out dyno-- not so much, but I am trying.

You keep saying this word, "pop." I do not think it means what you think it means. And, as Dr.Ivel or I can attest, the v-slot move on Apollo is not particularly awkward; the key to momentum on it is all in the left foot. It would be cool to set a simulator porbelm in the gym with it, though.

More random stuff: Spencer was apparently asking Chris about who my "nice gay friend" was. Chris was like, "uhh, that was Dan, you know, the photographer? Then Spencer wondered again is Banz was teh ghey. Heh.

certainly GU'd? but i'm sure she's not talking about the pop to the v slot. Probably talking about the obligatory huck at the 4th bolt?

it's true that it's awkward to set it up. it's also true that NOT hucking makes it v6 or 7 instead of 3ish.

but yeah. like camhat said, there's not a lot of upper body movement or even pulling in that move, so much as just locking the fuck off w your right hand which is taped so you don't fucking lose it at teh first knuckle, holding on for dear life with your right heel, and pushin with your left foot to rotate your body.

the really hard part for the shorties is releasing the lockoff of your right hand at just the correct moment, so that you can actually reach the hold. taller gerks just have to rotate their bodies.

Ah, that makes sense. I do get to within about 2 in of the V-slot by doing just that (locking the shit out of the right arm, pushing with the left foot, and rotating the body-- I call that "going to the hold staticly", even though there is the push from the left leg), but then I am fully and completely stuck with my lockoff being at it's max, elbow digging into the body and the right hand right next to and below the shoulder. I need to be thinking about RELEASING it at the right time. Cool

Seriously, people, I don't think this sort of beta micro-analysis has ever been done in BET. Tongue

uhhh ... teh BET existed long before you posted hear.

She iz like teh child that walks into teh middle ov teh movie and then wants to know.

tripperjm

Aug 27, 2013, 5:28 AM
Post #100663 of 105309 (5853 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
So we got walloped with a thunderstorm this afternoon, and went to the gym instead of trying to climb outside(wise choice).

At the gym, there was a family with heavy german accents and two boys, probably 10 or 12 or so. Irish twins. Very aryan looking, and definitely bozeman powerchildren. Hitler would have been proud.
in between their leads, the wunderkidz would spray incessant beta at their parents while they climbed.
"No dad, you have to drop-knee on the left."
"Mom, that hold is off! you are cheating."

Fukkin junior spraylords in training. It made me sick.

sea below V

tripperjm

Aug 27, 2013, 5:30 AM
Post #100664 of 105309 (5852 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
drivel wrote:
drivel wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

O.K., I'll spray.

He makes a good poynte.

Yes. But are you trying to say that this sort of micro-beta analysis had been done by gerks before?

sighs.... more than once about josh roots.

tripperjm

Aug 27, 2013, 5:48 AM
Post #100665 of 105309 (5849 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

yoga
biking
water skiing
surfing
gym climbing
flag boying

Ewe noes.... it wood be gud ifs we had sum sort ov rule that covered this kind ov situation....

Wait a minute....

WE FUKING DUE!!!1

well, it's more like a guideline but still.

Sumtymes climbing iz awl about disapoynting yore loved wons.

Try to pay attention?

She is very klever. She has befriended all my climbing partners, and they like her better than me. Plus she sent her email out early in the week. I like to organize my climbing on like late Thursday.

shakes hed....

yore like a total waste....

and what does teh girl being klever or making plans have anything to due with ewe screaming #16 as teh door slams behind ewe?

My advice, try to retive yore manhood from teh girls purse as soon as possible... though it's probibly way too late for ewe awlready.

tripperjm

Aug 27, 2013, 5:49 AM
Post #100666 of 105309 (5843 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] CI shitz pants in rage!!!1 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

yoga
biking
water skiing
surfing
gym climbing
flag boying

Much like teh dog, who returniths to his own vomit....

Teh entire hole crew

iz returning to CI's backyard this long weekend,

to cause CI to further shitz pants in rage.

•rage•

You guys going to columns or the other sleepy time crag? ZzzI?

Sigh. I think I can do a day.

Gulp... I have a brunch one day and a pee wee golf birthday party another.

Bear

tripperjm

Aug 27, 2013, 5:59 AM
Post #100667 of 105309 (5842 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
drivel wrote:
drivel wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

O.K., I'll spray.

He makes a good poynte.

Yes. But are you trying to say that this sort of micro-beta analysis had been done by gerks before?

yes, to teh point that kamhed flipped out about having to hear about every goddamn move in joshua tree.

This iz whut happens when ewe let people sleaze in withowt actually reading teh BET....

It pretty sad but I thinks lena thinks teh BET started when she started posting.

tripperjm

Aug 27, 2013, 6:01 AM
Post #100668 of 105309 (5842 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
weke-end report

Saturday we drove up to Lion's Head. This is supposed to be Ontario’s best cliff, a mini Ceause if you well.

I only have made it this far as of yet, but this sounds a lot like the claim of malibu creke being kalymnos' punky little brother.

those making those claims, are rong

tripperjm

Aug 27, 2013, 6:03 AM
Post #100669 of 105309 (5842 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

yoga
biking
water skiing
surfing
gym climbing
flag boying

Ewe noes.... it wood be gud ifs we had sum sort ov rule that covered this kind ov situation....

Wait a minute....

WE FUKING DUE!!!1

Try to pay attention?

She is very klever. She has befriended all my climbing partners, and they like her better than me.

oh, shit, that comes as a huge surprise.

to nobody.

CI needs gnu friends

tripperjm

Aug 27, 2013, 6:05 AM
Post #100670 of 105309 (5842 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
Weakend report: got really close on this one three cee route that I got on a few months ago and felt impossible. Managed to get through the crux yesterday, but then punted off the top after cheesetitting this crossover and not getting set up the right way for a sideways dyno. But still, I've only put in probably 8 burns, and am psyched I got this close. Pretty psyched. Today is perfect conditions for it, but after three days on I'm trashed, so it's sitting in the kawffee shop and picking over editors' revisions for another day. Also found some jazz musicians in town to jam with, woo!

You'll get it. "Stuck in one-hung-ville" is morel like getting one-hungs for a month, over and over. Like I was on Ale8 and Blue-eyed and Mercy. With 8 burns, You just barely got to one-hung-ville, you aren't stuck there... yet!

she has a poynte. Stop being such a drama queen, camhed!

he just kan't help hisself

lena_chita

Aug 27, 2013, 11:47 AM
Post #100671 of 105309 (5824 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

yoga
biking
water skiing
surfing
gym climbing
flag boying

GO

Look, I get it,

that yore gitty and awl...

and kan't fuking shut up.

Gnu girl on teh block bet...

has to sit up front....

has to make a scene...

has to yacks so fuking much...

two anywon who will listen,

including flies buzzing around teh room.

Course ,

Their are rules....

Well,

they are more like guidelines.

But still,

We don't talk to teh flies.

Try to pay attention?

oh yea... and while yore up there showboating,

try to remember there iz a hole bunch ov us sitting in teh cumfy chairs behind ewe, that have been hear a long tyme...

and didn't get in on sum sleazy exemption.

So maybes...

try show a little respect...

fer teh blood shed, teh lives lost and teh butthurtz caused...

buy those paid teh price to be hear.

So poetic. You made me cry.

Partner cracklover

Aug 27, 2013, 3:28 PM
Post #100672 of 105309 (5801 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
Wekend report:

Wife and I climbzed the spurt climbz. One of the routes I was interested in I sent in just a couple tries, the other one I could not get up at all. Is it possible that two weeks of alpine climbing does not put one in the best spurt climbing shape? At least I remembered how to do the Texas Rope Trick, so didn't have to face the indignity of leaving a biner behind. The wife got what the guidebook said was only her second 11d, but discovered that MP downgraded it. She actually agrees that it's only 11c, so whatever. Still, woulda been nice.

Then, on the tyrolean back over the creek, I somehow got a big flap of skin on my arm caught between the biner and the tyrolean rope. Holy crap that hurt.

GO

I gave a a shot of indignation when he was going to bail off a route leaving a quicklink. He had the gall to tell me that a quicklink and a cheap biner were the exact same thing....what?

But both you and this guy have to learn how to use a stick clip better. There should never be an excuse to leave gear behind.

who is "he"? I assume this is not chossy.

Just some guy at the cliff. I was putting my pack back on and heard him ask his partner (who was two bolts up at this point, they had stick clipped both I think) if she wanted a quicklink to bail. I was that irritating bystander that had to pipe in with my opinion.

You do realize that Texas Rope Trick means I did *not* leave anything behind, right?

BTW, I rarely carry a stick clip with me when sport climbing. And I believe the only time I've ever left anything behind when bailing was seven pitches up an alpine route, left a small nut, a chunk of cord, and a biner. I don't think your stick clip would have helped much.

GO

Of course I understand, but you don't seem to understand that stick clip > texas rope trick.

It's true, I do not understand how a stick clip would have been better. I was four bolts up a nine bolt route, could not work out the move, and was not interested in continuing. I had a sling on me. In seconds I was on my way down, rapping the route. How would a stick clip have made matters better?

Or perhaps you mean that in general, a stick clip is pretty much always the correct solution when you can't pull a move on a sport climb? I would be happy to hear your argument for this. I bring a stick clip about 5% of the time when I go sport climbing, and I've never wished I had it because I couldn't pull a move.

GO

snoopy138

Aug 27, 2013, 7:26 PM
Post #100673 of 105309 (5784 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
drivel wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

yoga
biking
water skiing
surfing
gym climbing
flag boying

GO

so, it wasn't dark yet and she was flipping out? how long overdue were you?

yeah, 7:30 for a backcountry route with a long descent doesn't seem especially late.

I try to tell teh gf to not call any authorities until I'm at least 24 hours overdue.

Back when I wus a rookie we were at Taquitz and at teh end ov teh day we went for won more root topped owt in teh dark and walked down. When we got close to teh parking lot.... a couple hours after dark, we cood hear a woman crying.

Turns owt teh woman, future mother ov my children, who I had only dating for a few months wus meeting us that knite to climb teh next day. When awl teh other teams had gotten back to teh car and we didn't return, she waited an hour then went down to report us overdue to teh ranger.

Course, teh ranger told her to wait until morning to report us.

Course, I red her teh riot act. Mentioned that if she ever jumped teh gun again, and called a rescue on me, we were done.

Ten years later, I wus up on a full conditions winter ascent wall... and yea we were several days late getting down. Partners girlfriend wus freeking owt call my future ex, to ask what to due. She told her under know circumstance to call a rescue. Stupid bitch coodn't listen and called a rescue.

After days, teh storm had finally broken. We were owt ov food but we were on top in four feet ov snow. Won ov our finest ascents. Around midnite teh entire wall lites up and we are being hailed my megaphone from teh base.....

When we got back to cars, SARs wus waiting fir us to see if we were ok and told us who called teh rescue. I looked over at my partner, said 'that' it, we're done' walked to my car and never climbed with him again.

For teh record.... If ewe call a rescue on me, I better fuking need it, cuz if knot were done!!!1

I'm going to call those SAR training teamz to rescue ewe from teh hole.

snoopy138

Aug 27, 2013, 7:28 PM
Post #100674 of 105309 (5781 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:

yoga
biking
water skiing
surfing
gym climbing
flag boying

Wait a minute....

WE FUKING DUE!!!1

Try to pay attention?

She is very klever. She has befriended all my climbing partners, and they like her better than me. Plus she sent her email out early in the week. I like to organize my climbing on like late Thursday.

shakes hed....

yore like a total waste....

and what does teh girl being klever or making plans have anything to due with ewe screaming #16 as teh door slams behind ewe?

My advice, try to retive yore manhood from teh girls purse as soon as possible... though it's probibly way too late for ewe awlready.

as I reread CI's disgraceful post, I'm wondering ... are awl of his climber friends going to these brunches? If so, what teh fuk kind of climber friends does he have?

snoopy138

Aug 27, 2013, 7:30 PM
Post #100675 of 105309 (5779 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tripperjm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
weke-end report

Saturday we drove up to Lion's Head. This is supposed to be Ontario’s best cliff, a mini Ceause if you well.

I only have made it this far as of yet, but this sounds a lot like the claim of malibu creke being kalymnos' punky little brother.

those making those claims, are rong

it was in one of the mags, doesn't that make it right?

First page Previous page 1 ... 4023 4024 4025 4026 4027 4028 4029 4030 4031 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook