RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Beginners

Premier Sponsor:

grandkodiak

Sep 26, 2013, 7:25 PM
Post #1 of 5 (2938 views)
Shortcut

EMS pre sown webbing loops for anchor points on trees
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

EMS sells some presown webbing, I was wondering if these would be sutable to use in anchor construction?

Which method would be best to secure them... running one end of the loop around a tree, then pass it THROUGH the other end and pulling it tight and attaching a biner to it....

OR placing the loop around the tree, and putting a biner through both ends of the loop?

Or none of the above lol

*meaning for an expedient use say off a substantial piece of building construction or tree etc not for recreational climbing where youd have to time make something redundant and more secure*

(This post was edited by grandkodiak on Sep 26, 2013, 7:36 PM)

rocknice2

Sep 26, 2013, 7:35 PM
Post #2 of 5 (2930 views)
Shortcut

Re: [grandkodiak] EMS pre sown webbing loops for anchor points on trees [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

grandkodiak wrote:
EMS sells some presown webbing, I was wondering if these would be sutable to use in anchor construction?

Which method would be best to secure them... running one end of the loop around a tree, then pass it THROUGH the other end and pulling it tight and attaching a biner to it....

OR placing the loop around the tree, and putting a biner through both ends of the loop?

Or none of the above lol

SERIOUSLY! 24kn not enough for you?

Both methods will work fine.

grandkodiak

Sep 26, 2013, 7:37 PM
Post #3 of 5 (2925 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rocknice2] EMS pre sown webbing loops for anchor points on trees [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the reply, just wanted to throw it out there to see if one way was better for any particular reason.

dagibbs

Sep 26, 2013, 7:44 PM
Post #4 of 5 (2922 views)
Shortcut

Re: [grandkodiak] EMS pre sown webbing loops for anchor points on trees [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Place a loop around the tree, bring the ends together, tie an over-hand knot in the two ends together, then put a pair of biners through the ends

With pre-sown webbing and a good-sized tree, you probably don't need redundancy, but I find it is a good habit to maintain.

rocknice2

Sep 27, 2013, 12:24 AM
Post #5 of 5 (2869 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dagibbs] EMS pre sown webbing loops for anchor points on trees [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dagibbs wrote:
Place a loop around the tree, bring the ends together, tie an over-hand knot in the two ends together, then put a pair of biners through the ends

With pre-sown webbing and a good-sized tree, you probably don't need redundancy, but I find it is a good habit to maintain.
I thought he meant to use the sling as one leg of the anchor not a single sling girth hitched around a tree. One BFT but you still need two slings or a knot in a doubled up sling.

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook