Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

edge

Nov 10, 2013, 5:08 AM
Post #44176 of 45342 (5372 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
honestly, does it really matter anything about the new owner.....his motives or intentions.

everyone is getting their panties in a knot over this.

So, how many SPCIers got an invite to chat from the new owner?

Partner macherry

Nov 10, 2013, 6:15 AM
Post #44177 of 45342 (5360 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
honestly, does it really matter anything about the new owner.....his motives or intentions.

not me

you?

edge

Nov 10, 2013, 6:19 AM
Post #44178 of 45342 (5358 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:

not me

you?

Yeah, but after seeing the sh!t show of a thread on the front page, I turned him down. I don't believe my opinion would count for anything with so many loud voices yearning to be heard.

Partner macherry

Nov 10, 2013, 4:31 PM
Post #44179 of 45342 (5333 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:

not me

you?

Yeah, but after seeing the sh!t show of a thread on the front page, I turned him down. I don't believe my opinion would count for anything with so many loud voices yearning to be heard.

i'm probably being snubbed due to my first comment on the thread.

Gmburns2000

Nov 10, 2013, 7:24 PM
Post #44180 of 45342 (5321 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:

not me

you?

Not I, but then again I didn't I would anyway. I figure he's only chatting with the current mods and the non-mods who happen to be sending him PMs, which I'm not.

edge

Nov 10, 2013, 7:37 PM
Post #44181 of 45342 (5318 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:

not me

you?

Not I, but then again I didn't I would anyway. I figure he's only chatting with the current mods and the non-mods who happen to be sending him PMs, which I'm not.

I am also not either. Not sure why I was approached. Did Aric get his wish and a ban zing?

Partner macherry

Nov 10, 2013, 7:43 PM
Post #44182 of 45342 (5315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:

not me

you?

I am also not either. Not sure why I was approached. Did Aric get his wish and a ban zing?

not sure, but he could just walk away. not sure why he needed or wanted the banz!

Gmburns2000

Nov 10, 2013, 7:48 PM
Post #44183 of 45342 (5310 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:

not me

you?

not sure, but he could just walk away. not sure why he needed or wanted the banz!

This was my point to him. If he walked away, then good for him. If he needed the ban in order to walk away then I suggest therapy. Seriously, he's an adult.

edge

Nov 10, 2013, 8:02 PM
Post #44184 of 45342 (5306 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:

not me

you?

Heh, that was a pretty good, beyond-the-grave autocorrect from Steve Jobs.

Partner epoch

Nov 11, 2013, 2:49 AM
Post #44185 of 45342 (5282 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:

not me

you?

You should rescind your declination and give a chat with Jeff. If you want things to get better, that's the avenue to do so.

Partner macherry

Nov 11, 2013, 3:18 AM
Post #44186 of 45342 (5274 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:

not me

you?

You should rescind your declination and give a chat with Jeff. If you want things to get better, that's the avenue to do so.

i can't speak for edge, and i wasn't asked for my opinion, but in the grand scheme of things, i only come here to check out the spci and you're not wanted here threads. i enjoy some of the peer gear reviews and the cdn. partner thread too. there's a lot of "loud voices" just willing to share their opinions. whether the big changes are made or not, it won't change how i use the site.

edge

Nov 11, 2013, 4:42 AM
Post #44187 of 45342 (5262 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:

not me

you?

You know, I was heavily invested in the site since I first joined, posting too much, adding 100s of routes to the DB, and doing the thankless, payless job of modding for what, 10 years or so?

For my part, I wish Jeff well in getting what he wants from the site but I doubt that whatever incarnation emerges will fill my needs. Personally I am evolving past the need to read Internet flamefests, lovefests, or even any discussion for the sake of discussion. I have no interest in helping beginners and opening myself up to second guessing by Internet wannabes. The front page pics are in a stranglehold, the routes DB will never surpass MP, news articles will always be posted later than the mags or sponsors report them, and the regional discussions are all but dormant.

The largest upcoming need I can see for a forum is for asking regional questions about my new locale; can you name even one RCer from the Boulder area right now? The Taco & MP are loaded with them; there is a MP Beer Night at the Dark Horse Saloon on Wed night and I plan on bringing my sippy cup of seltzer and meeting a ton of new peeps, and offering my designated driver services if needed.

And as Marge said, the loud voices are screaming what they want from the rooftops, and I refuse to stoop to that level. It just isn't important to me any more.

(This post was edited by edge on Nov 11, 2013, 4:44 AM)

Partner macherry

Nov 11, 2013, 3:22 PM
Post #44188 of 45342 (5243 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge you said it much better than i did.

i really believe there is a constant change on these kind of websites. even when i arrived back in 2003, they were major users leaving. the connections i have made have carried over to facebook and i will contact these buddies for climbing partners, climbing info and general chit chat.

in years before, i was all over the changes and kept my dog in the fight.... modded over 3 management changes, but that ship sailed.

like edge said it's not important anymore.

give it a few more years epoch, you'll move on too

erisspirit

Nov 11, 2013, 4:43 PM
Post #44189 of 45342 (5233 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
I bet half of those homeless people crank 5.13 on their off days.

I think the idea of Golden is that it's still close and you don't need a trust fund to live there.

this iz probably tru

haha A buddy last night was trying to convince me to move to Salt Lake city instead...

curt

Nov 11, 2013, 5:53 PM
Post #44190 of 45342 (5228 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

I think the idea of Golden is that it's still close and you don't need a trust fund to live there.

this iz probably tru

haha A buddy last night was trying to convince me to move to Salt Lake city instead...

Actually, Salt Lake city isn't a bad option.

Curt

erisspirit

Nov 11, 2013, 6:03 PM
Post #44191 of 45342 (5223 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

this iz probably tru

Curt

it seems like that entire friend group is heading over that way...

I hear good things about the mountain scene, but I didn't really like the city the one time I went there... I'm still open to visiting and checking it out and seeing if my opinion changes (my money would go further there...), but I dunno... low percent beer is kinda a deal breaker :P

Gmburns2000

Nov 11, 2013, 7:13 PM
Post #44192 of 45342 (5213 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
curt wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

this iz probably tru

Curt

it seems like that entire friend group is heading over that way...

I hear good things about the mountain scene, but I didn't really like the city the one time I went there... I'm still open to visiting and checking it out and seeing if my opinion changes (my money would go further there...), but I dunno... low percent beer is kinda a deal breaker :P

Funny story. The eve of Day 1 of mine, magnus, and jeremiah's three-day ascent of a grade II climb in Moab was jeremiah's b-day. We went to some local joint to celebrate and I looked at the beer on the menu and asked if they had a beer list. The waitress looked at me and said in a you're-stupid tone, "that is the beer list." Upon which I asked if they had anything more than bud and bud light, etc.. I was looking over the menu waiting for an answer and, upon not hearing one, I looked up to see everyone looking at me as if I was crazy - her as if she wanted to kill me and jeremiah and magnus as if they didn't want to get tossed out. I still didn't get it. I asked what the problem was. Jeremiah finally half-laughed and said, dude, you're in Utah.

Not sure if she spit on my hamburger or not.

side note: apparently if you want real beer you need to go to a private club. in order to drink at a private club you need to be invited to join the club. from what I hear, if you simply walk in and say you're not a member, the bartender can look at the drunk at the end of the bar and ask him if he knows you. whether he does or not, he's likely to say, something like "I hereby invite you to join this club" - and viola, you're in. Beer

Partner macherry

Nov 11, 2013, 7:18 PM
Post #44193 of 45342 (5205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

seems like a lot of work for a beer

Gmburns2000

Nov 11, 2013, 7:55 PM
Post #44194 of 45342 (5192 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
seems like a lot of work for a beer

It's just what I've heard. Apparently it's super easy to get into the clubs. Not sure if those clubs allow one to buy and bring home. If that's the case, not much different from MA. Most grocery stores can't sell any alcohol in MA, with a few exceptions.

Gmburns2000

Nov 11, 2013, 8:00 PM
Post #44195 of 45342 (5190 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

fuck, I'm in on this flamenco board and damn there's a lot to learn. there are about 50 different versions of flamenco with nearly all of them stemming from 3 or 4 basic forms and from other music forms that aren't flamenco at all.

trying to understand how fandangos are both flamenco and not, and where they fit into flamenco...or don't. not so easy.

edge

Nov 12, 2013, 2:34 AM
Post #44196 of 45342 (5171 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:

saw a radom girl playing the harp
had a homeless person ask for food instead of money (that was new to me)

I have also seen the harp girl. I dropped her a buck because I imagine it must suck to lug that thing around and it made me feel like an angel. Angelic

Driving home from a big job in Denver and there was a dude with a sign at an intersection: "Let's be honest, I need a beer." Had to admire his chutzpah, but I drove on by.

edge

Nov 12, 2013, 2:37 AM
Post #44197 of 45342 (5168 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

this iz probably tru

The Mormon towns on the Wasatch Front were some of my least favorite places of our entire roadtrip. Gorgeous scenery and mountains, but a totally weird vibe; I could never live there.

Partner macherry

Nov 12, 2013, 3:12 AM
Post #44198 of 45342 (5157 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

this iz probably tru

The Mormon towns on the Wasatch Front were some of my least favorite places of our entire roadtrip. Gorgeous scenery and mountains, but a totally weird vibe; I could never live there.

whats the weird vibe.

never spent much time in utah. did the drive through to go climbing in nevada.

edge

Nov 12, 2013, 3:24 AM
Post #44199 of 45342 (5154 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

this iz probably tru

whats the weird vibe.

It felt like I was in the movie "The Stepford Wives," or maybe "1984." I dunno, it was just a pervasive weirdness in my energy field, mang.

Partner macherry

Nov 12, 2013, 3:33 AM
Post #44200 of 45342 (5150 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

this iz probably tru

whats the weird vibe.

It felt like I was in the movie "The Stepford Wives," or maybe "1984." I dunno, it was just a pervasive weirdness in my energy field, mang.

ugh

First page Previous page 1 ... 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook