Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

edge

Dec 13, 2013, 11:33 PM
Post #44476 of 45342 (5416 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
curt wrote:
edge wrote:
Big milestone for me today. The last vestige of the State of New Hampshire's long arm of the law was a court ordered mandate to have an interlock breathalyzer installed for one year after regaining my driving privileges. After three years of not driving it was worth it, but having to blow into the damned thing to start my truck, then again 3-5 minutes later, and then randomly every 15 minutes or so thereafter was a major pain in the arse.

I did this every time I got in the Tundra, including my 10K mile cross country road trip pulling a large RV. Somehow the device always demanded that I blow during the most in opportune times, like while cornering, merging, navigating single width canyon roads, or during ice patches, but out of necessity I made my peace with it long ago. Acceptance works wonders.

So right now I am sitting in the sun on a bench outside of Whole Foods with the Flatirons and Front Range wearing their dusting of Winter whites as the guys at Car Toys remove that device. Soon I can focus on just driving without interruption, can let my truck idle and warm up while not sitting in the seat, and not paying the $65/month service fees.

It's a great day to be sober.

I'll drink to that Cool

Curt

WOO!

I might have to bust out my good scotch for that one :P

Go for it, you two.

I'm going to enjoy a Zero Carb Rockstar on my unencumbered drive home.

curt

Dec 14, 2013, 12:40 AM
Post #44477 of 45342 (5409 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
curt wrote:
edge wrote:
Big milestone for me today. The last vestige of the State of New Hampshire's long arm of the law was a court ordered mandate to have an interlock breathalyzer installed for one year after regaining my driving privileges. After three years of not driving it was worth it, but having to blow into the damned thing to start my truck, then again 3-5 minutes later, and then randomly every 15 minutes or so thereafter was a major pain in the arse.

I did this every time I got in the Tundra, including my 10K mile cross country road trip pulling a large RV. Somehow the device always demanded that I blow during the most in opportune times, like while cornering, merging, navigating single width canyon roads, or during ice patches, but out of necessity I made my peace with it long ago. Acceptance works wonders.

So right now I am sitting in the sun on a bench outside of Whole Foods with the Flatirons and Front Range wearing their dusting of Winter whites as the guys at Car Toys remove that device. Soon I can focus on just driving without interruption, can let my truck idle and warm up while not sitting in the seat, and not paying the $65/month service fees.

I'll drink to that Cool

Curt

WOO!

Curt

Gmburns2000

Dec 14, 2013, 1:06 PM
Post #44478 of 45342 (5393 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:

congrats Loran. That's awesome.

I also bet your wife is happy to not have the opportunity to use it as well. So congrats to you both.

Gmburns2000

Dec 14, 2013, 1:10 PM
Post #44479 of 45342 (5390 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
curt wrote:
edge wrote:

I'll drink to that Cool

Curt

WOO!

[image]
http://www.bevmo.com/Media/Images/ProductImagesFull/57909.jpg[/image]

Curt

Haven't tried the 18. The 15 sucks. Love the 12. Funny how years change things.

For example, HP's sister distillery is MacCallan. Love the 10, hate the 12, 15 is meh, 18 is freaking awesome, 20 not so much.

The lady and I broke out the Laproaigh and Bowmore last night. I preferred the Bowmore.

curt

Dec 14, 2013, 6:14 PM
Post #44480 of 45342 (5378 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
curt wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
curt wrote:
edge wrote:

I'll drink to that Cool

Curt

WOO!

Curt

For example, HP's sister distillery is MacCallan. Love the 10, hate the 12, 15 is meh, 18 is freaking awesome, 20 not so much.

The lady and I broke out the Laproaigh and Bowmore last night. I preferred the Bowmore.

The 18 year Highland Park is outstanding compared to the 12 or 15 year and is currently my very favorite. As far as Macallan goes, I like the 12 year, but find the 18 year to be only slightly better--if at all, and thus not worth 3x the price. The 25 year Macallan is IMO the very best single malt whiskey made, but at $750/bottle the price is ridiculous.

Curt

Kartessa

Dec 15, 2013, 7:34 AM
Post #44481 of 45342 (5363 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
macherry wrote:
curt wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Not motivated to work today Unsure

Friday a guy from china introduced himself to my manager as the manager of swim in China...

didn't know there was one...

the replacements begin!

Calculus final tomorrow... not motivated to study whatsoever

Then open a bottle of good cabernet instead. No sense completely wasting the evening.

Curt

i fully support this

+1

I even got a nice cab from a nearby winery this weekend... might need to crack that baby open.

Though with all the people leaving like the building is on fire, I've having trouble just keeping up with happy hours

Old people and wine...

Kartessa

Dec 15, 2013, 7:36 AM
Post #44482 of 45342 (5362 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:

Smile

Kartessa

Dec 15, 2013, 7:38 AM
Post #44483 of 45342 (5357 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Freedom... Just wrote my last exam tonight. Busses out in my neck of the woods were cancelled, no snow plows so I snowshoed to school for an hour, in a blizzard. But I'm done.

10 days til I get presents and 11 days til I'm flying off to my 30th bday :)

Gmburns2000

Dec 15, 2013, 2:30 PM
Post #44484 of 45342 (5348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
curt wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
curt wrote:
edge wrote:

I'll drink to that Cool

Curt

WOO!

Curt

The 18 year Highland Park is outstanding compared to the 12 or 15 year and is currently my very favorite. As far as Macallan goes, I like the 12 year, but find the 18 year to be only slightly better--if at all, and thus not worth 3x the price. The 25 year Macallan is IMO the very best single malt whiskey made, but at $750/bottle the price is ridiculous.

Curt

I worked in a pub while in grad school in Edinburgh and got a chance to taste the 25yo once. Um, yeah. Shit's good.

Looks like we have slightly different tastes with you liking the ones I don't. I read an article recently that said some research suggested the whole wine palette thing was complete bullshit. Something like only 25% of all expert / professional wine tasters who took part could tell what was in each bottle, with something ridiculous like only 30% of actual winemakers could identify their own wines.

The basis of the study was simple: everyone's taste buds are different, so different such that it's almost impossible to get the same reading even when the people know what they're tasting.

They attributed the 25% and 30% to luck.

Gmburns2000

Dec 15, 2013, 2:31 PM
Post #44485 of 45342 (5347 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Freedom... Just wrote my last exam tonight. Busses out in my neck of the woods were cancelled, no snow plows so I snowshoed to school for an hour, in a blizzard. But I'm done.

10 days til I get presents and 11 days til I'm flying off to my 30th bday :)

where are you going for the start of your fourth decade?

Partner macherry

Dec 15, 2013, 5:32 PM
Post #44486 of 45342 (5338 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
curt wrote:
edge wrote:

I'll drink to that Cool

Curt

WOO!

Go for it, you two.

I'm going to enjoy a Zero Carb Rockstar on my unencumbered drive home.

ugh those things are gross. have a cup of green tea instead. so many chemicals in that shit. and don't get me started on artificial sweetners

erisspirit

Dec 17, 2013, 6:07 PM
Post #44487 of 45342 (5309 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
macherry wrote:
curt wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
erisspirit wrote:

Friday a guy from china introduced himself to my manager as the manager of swim in China...

the replacements begin!

Then open a bottle of good cabernet instead. No sense completely wasting the evening.

Curt

i fully support this

+1

I even got a nice cab from a nearby winery this weekend... might need to crack that baby open.

Though with all the people leaving like the building is on fire, I've having trouble just keeping up with happy hours

Old people and wine...

speaking of old people and wine...

I might have just requested that for my birthday instead of hunting out a bar we stay at home and drink wine while watching Dr. Who Tongue

erisspirit

Dec 17, 2013, 6:11 PM
Post #44488 of 45342 (5308 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
curt wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
curt wrote:
edge wrote:

I'll drink to that Cool

Curt

WOO!

[image]
http://www.bevmo.com/Media/Images/ProductImagesFull/57909.jpg[/image]

Curt

Curt

When I was leaving London I brought home some Dalmore 18. I actually like it pretty well.

I've only had the 25yr Macallan once but it sure was tasty

erisspirit

Dec 17, 2013, 6:12 PM
Post #44489 of 45342 (5307 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Almost time to head back to the snowish stuff they have up in Mammoth...

might now be great snow, but better than hanging out at home!

erisspirit

Dec 17, 2013, 6:14 PM
Post #44490 of 45342 (5306 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ack! I'm getting older in a week and a day. Unsure this year really flew by

Gmburns2000

Dec 18, 2013, 12:52 PM
Post #44491 of 45342 (5279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:

Wait, your bday is on x-mas? that's gotta either suck or be freaking awesome. can't decide which one.

erisspirit

Dec 18, 2013, 5:11 PM
Post #44492 of 45342 (5272 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:

Wait, your bday is on x-mas? that's gotta either suck or be freaking awesome. can't decide which one.

I think suck is the correct answer Tongue

as a kid everyone else also gets gifts on your bday and no one but family remembers.

as an adult, a lot of bars are closed, and you can't just sit at home and relax because you still have to socialize with family.

Gmburns2000

Dec 18, 2013, 6:11 PM
Post #44493 of 45342 (5262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:

as a kid everyone else also gets gifts on your bday and no one but family remembers.

as an adult, a lot of bars are closed, and you can't just sit at home and relax because you still have to socialize with family.

Yeah, I can see that sucking. Well, I hope you at least get to take a week off and make your birthday a long party from the 24ht to the 1st.

erisspirit

Dec 18, 2013, 9:02 PM
Post #44494 of 45342 (5251 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:

Yeah, I can see that sucking. Well, I hope you at least get to take a week off and make your birthday a long party from the 24ht to the 1st.

yeah luckily... or unluckily? my company forces us to take some of our vacation to take the week of the 25-1st off

Gmburns2000

Dec 18, 2013, 11:49 PM
Post #44495 of 45342 (5242 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:

yeah luckily... or unluckily? my company forces us to take some of our vacation to take the week of the 25-1st off

That's standard fare here in Brasil. Companies literally shut down for weeks on end for vacation. Just the way it goes.

Gmburns2000

Dec 19, 2013, 12:05 AM
Post #44496 of 45342 (5241 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

just started a kickstarter project (those of you on the stalkbook know this already). got a thread here: http://www.rockclimbing.com/...mp;post=2640359#last would love it if you guys stopped by and gave the thread some life.

Already have four contributors and approaching 20% of my goal after just a few hours. Fingers are crossed this continues eh?

donald949

Dec 20, 2013, 5:28 AM
Post #44497 of 45342 (5210 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
back to paperwork for teh new job. Unimpressed
paperwork complete.
Smile
four nao

woohoo! congrats!
Then there was more to completed. plus more in the mail.
Now I'm doing the paperwork for my retirement fund to move it to an IRA. Pirate "Your check will be mailed 3 business days after teh first of teh month 30 daze after you completed paper work iz recieved."

donald949

Dec 20, 2013, 5:29 AM
Post #44498 of 45342 (5209 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
back to paperwork for teh new job. Unimpressed
paperwork complete.
Smile
four nao

woohoo! congrats!
Then there was more to completed. plus more in the mail.
Now I'm doing the paperwork for my retirement fund to move it to an IRA. Pirate "Your check will be mailed 3 business days after teh first of teh month 30 daze after you completed paper work iz recieved."
gud thing I don't need teh monies anytime soon...

donald949

Dec 20, 2013, 5:30 AM
Post #44499 of 45342 (5208 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
macherry wrote:
curt wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
erisspirit wrote:

the replacements begin!

Curt

i fully support this

+1

Laugh

donald949

Dec 20, 2013, 5:31 AM
Post #44500 of 45342 (5208 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbingtrash] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingtrash wrote:
donald949 wrote:
climbingtrash wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
climbingtrash wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
But will settle four sum sleep

how's the relocation to better climbing job search going?
Appears that I will have resolution soon.

do tell or waiting for the real deal to tell?
Waiting for teh real deal.

fingers are crossed that we'll read good news tomorrow.
Its all set.
I'm going to City of Rocks....
er,
Grand Targhee...
er,
Idaho Falls for work.
Finally got a hold of the 2nd offer to let them know I selected the 1st offer. 4 months of nothing, then 2 offers with in a week. Crazy
Now we got to clean out 97 years of junk to get ready to move... Pirate

idaho falls!! that's almost utah!! anyhooo, close to city of rocks, one of my favourite places. maybe i'll join you for some climbing next year

I thought you were going to visit Boulder. Mad

i'll be couch surfing all over the place

Swell.

she'll need more than that to surf.

what the hell does that mean?

ewe can't surf a swell? *shrug*

I can't believe the guy from freaking Utah was the first to get it.

wut can I say...I read a lot.
Hey Trash. Looks like I'll be rolling through Utah late Jan on the way north. I was kind of considering a stop at Red Rocks. But is there something in S Utah I should consider on my way up? noiZ will be the same distance from IF as OC, so a family trip again in several years is a possibility. I was wondering if there is something worth seeing or doing that is too hot during the summer, or not really a family thing.
At first it seemed like the move was a long way off. Now it seems I won't have enought time to get it all together. So I'll see how much time I have for sightseeing on my way up.

Plenty of good climbing to do in teh Saint George area in January. Have you been to Snow Canyon?
Snow canyon looks like a very nice option.

First page Previous page 1 ... 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook