Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4088 4089 4090 4091 4092 4093 4094 4095 4096 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

lena_chita

Apr 1, 2014, 2:19 PM
Post #102276 of 105309 (4898 views)
Shortcut

Re: [meatbomz] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
There was a very interesting presentation over the weekend by Ed Webster on the history of climbing in the US. Some badass shit went down in the 1920's and 30's.

Bob Underhill was the hotshot that put up all the major FAs in the early days and he was hanging out with this chick Miriam O'Brien, who he later married (RIP CI/RIP znupe). The did a season in the Alps and Miriam started climbing almost exclusively with other women. This was before the term "First Female Ascent". Because at that time most climbing was done with a guide who would lead the whole thing (given that protection was basically nonexistent) climbs were reported as either "guided" or "guideless", Miriam would jokingly use the term "manless" for her FFAs.

Cool! Sounds like a fun presentation.

lena_chita

Apr 1, 2014, 2:30 PM
Post #102277 of 105309 (4893 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Gawd....so I haven't been sleeping well. I've been complaining about it.

Last night I took a sleeping pill from Nathan's stock pile. It's an "all natural" thing that Nathan never cared for and I didn't expect to work. Took it about 9pm, started feeling loopy around 9:30, in bed with the lights off by 9:45. Still was 11 or later before I fell asleep and rolled around untill about 2am.

I need a better way. Pirate

I know talking about married sects in here is not interesting to others but... Seems worth a try.

GO

I hate to say it, but the fly has a poynte!

G-G, what was the "natural" pill you took? Melatonin? I've had mixed results with it, when I went through a sleepless tossing phase a couple of years back. It seemed to work better when I took it regularly in the evening before bed, for couple weeks. Some people say they've had good results with Valerian extract. It certainly is one of my Mom's favorite remedies. Don't know if it works, but i used to like the taste of it, as a kid.

I've been sleeping really well since I started doing yoga regularly again, this past month. Might be worth a try?

granite_grrl

Apr 1, 2014, 4:06 PM
Post #102278 of 105309 (4888 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Last night I took a sleeping pill from Nathan's stock pile. It's an "all natural" thing that Nathan never cared for and I didn't expect to work. Took it about 9pm, started feeling loopy around 9:30, in bed with the lights off by 9:45. Still was 11 or later before I fell asleep and rolled around untill about 2am.

I know talking about married sects in here is not interesting to others but... Seems worth a try.

GO

G-G, what was the "natural" pill you took? Melatonin? I've had mixed results with it, when I went through a sleepless tossing phase a couple of years back. It seemed to work better when I took it regularly in the evening before bed, for couple weeks. Some people say they've had good results with Valerian extract. It certainly is one of my Mom's favorite remedies. Don't know if it works, but i used to like the taste of it, as a kid.

I've been sleeping really well since I started doing yoga regularly again, this past month. Might be worth a try?

He does have a poynte, but I don't realy have that option during the week.

The pill has a bunch of crap in it, but it does have melatonin. I'll probably try it again tonight and hopefully you're right.

http://well.ca/.../sleep-md_13692.html

lena_chita

Apr 1, 2014, 7:37 PM
Post #102279 of 105309 (4876 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

GO

Come on, do I need to call jack to explain toys and things here? Gerks should know better.

granite_grrl wrote:
The pill has a bunch of crap in it, but it does have melatonin. I'll probably try it again tonight and hopefully you're right.

Never tried that one. Looks like a lot of stuff in it, and yeah, valerian, too.

Hope it gets better. Nothing is worse than chronic sleep deprivation.

granite_grrl

Apr 1, 2014, 7:42 PM
Post #102280 of 105309 (4875 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

GO

Come on, do I need to call jack to explain toys and things here? Gerks should know better.

granite_grrl wrote:

Seriously, you don't think I haven't tried that option? Something about a good ol' fashioned romp in the hay though.

What does valerian do? My next option is to start pounding back the benadryl. Diphenhydramine is the main ingrediant in many sleeping pills.

lena_chita

Apr 1, 2014, 8:19 PM
Post #102281 of 105309 (4870 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

GO

granite_grrl wrote:

Seriously, you don't think I haven't tried that option? Something about a good ol' fashioned romp in the hay though.

What does valerian do? My next option is to start pounding back the benadryl. Diphenhydramine is the main ingrediant in many sleeping pills.

Valerian is meant to be more of a general calming/relaxation thing.

Benadryl never worked for me, I have taken it for allergies, and that time when I got the sting of whatever winged critter caused my leg to swell to twice it's normal size. That time with the sting I was actually taking a really high dose of it (Dr. Bob O.K.'ed it) and still, not feeling like I was sleepy at all.

Partner camhead

Apr 1, 2014, 11:56 PM
Post #102282 of 105309 (4862 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

GO

Unimpressed

A glass of wine and some scrib always did it for me.

Partner camhead

Apr 1, 2014, 11:59 PM
Post #102283 of 105309 (4861 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh, and, uhhh, FINALLY. It's not helping me get a jorb or anything, but I think if every gerk buys a copy, I could get a beer or something.

http://content.lib.utah.edu/.../upcat/id/1905/rec/1

climbingtrash

Apr 2, 2014, 12:58 AM
Post #102284 of 105309 (4850 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Oh, and, uhhh, FINALLY. It's not helping me get a jorb or anything, but I think if every gerk buys a copy, I could get a beer or something.

Tried to but teh real book you hold in yore hand but got denied saying it wasn't in stock?

climbingtrash

Apr 2, 2014, 12:59 AM
Post #102285 of 105309 (4847 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbingtrash] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingtrash wrote:
camhead wrote:

Tried to but teh real book you hold in yore hand but got denied saying it wasn't in stock?

Derp! meant tried to buy...

climbingtrash

Apr 2, 2014, 1:00 AM
Post #102286 of 105309 (4843 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

you have any luck finding a place to do a book promotion here in teh land of noiZ?

dr_feelgood

Apr 2, 2014, 3:10 AM
Post #102287 of 105309 (4831 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

GO

granite_grrl wrote:

Yeah, just give it the old wank and then fall asleep. Married, single, whatever... we all love endorphins.

dr_feelgood

Apr 2, 2014, 3:12 AM
Post #102288 of 105309 (4830 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

INRT... no offense.

granite_grrl

Apr 2, 2014, 11:19 AM
Post #102289 of 105309 (4819 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

Nice werk.

What does the T stand for in Cam T. Head?

lena_chita

Apr 2, 2014, 1:56 PM
Post #102290 of 105309 (4813 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:

Nice werk.

I am guessing Thomas. :)

Partner epoch

Apr 2, 2014, 4:17 PM
Post #102291 of 105309 (4807 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

* Sigh *

Doc... One of my Sad Diego acquaintances accidentallied themselves all the way...

dr_feelgood

Apr 2, 2014, 7:28 PM
Post #102292 of 105309 (4790 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
* Sigh *

Doc... One of my Sad Diego acquaintances accidentallied themselves all the way...

Fortunately for me, my knife stopped in the bone. But ouch.

lena_chita

Apr 2, 2014, 7:53 PM
Post #102293 of 105309 (4787 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
epoch wrote:
* Sigh *

Ouch indeed.

I think I found a new educational image to show kids (cringe, no not really).

dr_feelgood

Apr 2, 2014, 11:20 PM
Post #102294 of 105309 (4767 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
epoch wrote:
* Sigh *

Ouch indeed.

They need to know that cutting boards are useful, and that the wrist-flick blade into pit method is far safer. Spare the graphic image of an impaled hand, spoil the child.

Partner camhead

Apr 3, 2014, 1:11 AM
Post #102295 of 105309 (4758 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:

INRT... no offense.

I suppose I should try to get one of yore professors to assign it or something... yeah right.

Partner camhead

Apr 3, 2014, 1:12 AM
Post #102296 of 105309 (4758 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
camhead wrote:

Nice werk.

I am guessing Thomas. :)

Durp. It's very WASPy, but better than Francis or Sheldon.

dr_feelgood

Apr 3, 2014, 2:19 AM
Post #102297 of 105309 (4749 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:

INRT... no offense.

I suppose I should try to get one of yore professors to assign it or something... yeah right.
I did recommend it to our western historian... who happens to be close friends with sherry smith.

lena_chita

Apr 3, 2014, 2:00 PM
Post #102298 of 105309 (4726 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
epoch wrote:
* Sigh *

[img]http://i.imgur.com/752IyHx.jpg[/img]

Ouch indeed.

They need to know that cutting boards are useful, and that the wrist-flick blade into pit method is far safer. Spare the graphic image of an impaled hand, spoil the child.

You wouldn't believe it, but they really are big fans of cutting boards. And I have shown them a method of avocado pit extraction that does not involve flicking blades, or stabbing hands. I am a no-fun boring mommy type, what can I say?

Partner camhead

Apr 3, 2014, 8:42 PM
Post #102299 of 105309 (4707 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
epoch wrote:
* Sigh *

Ouch indeed.

You wouldn't believe it, but they really are big fans of cutting boards. And I have shown them a method of avocado pit extraction that does not involve flicking blades, or stabbing hands. I am a no-fun boring mommy type, what can I say?

I'm a fan of the blade flick technique. Mostly because if you do it with a large knife, you can then use it to throw the pit, atlatl style, at enemies.

lena_chita

Apr 4, 2014, 2:42 PM
Post #102300 of 105309 (4672 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
epoch wrote:
* Sigh *

Ouch indeed.

I'm a fan of the blade flick technique. Mostly because if you do it with a large knife, you can then use it to throw the pit, atlatl style, at enemies.

I am too scary, my enemies never dare to get so close to me that they would be in the range of my atlatl.

First page Previous page 1 ... 4088 4089 4090 4091 4092 4093 4094 4095 4096 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook