Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Partner macherry

Jun 4, 2014, 1:56 PM
Post #44976 of 45342 (5498 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
macherry wrote:
sungam wrote:
macherry wrote:
hate the ponies.
:( ma y?

creeps me out the whole bronie thing does
How is it any worse then otaku/pokefreaks/trekkies/etc.?

Also - the singular is brony (like pony).
the whole fan thing cosplay is weirdness. but, little kid ponys..........that's a whole lot weirder than everything else

sungam

Jun 4, 2014, 4:26 PM
Post #44977 of 45342 (5491 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
sungam wrote:
macherry wrote:
sungam wrote:
macherry wrote:
hate the ponies.
:( ma y?

creeps me out the whole bronie thing does
How is it any worse then otaku/pokefreaks/trekkies/etc.?

Also - the singular is brony (like pony).
the whole fan thing cosplay is weirdness. but, little kid ponys..........that's a whole lot weirder than everything else
Pokemon was originally designed for kids, too. So is most anime.

Gmburns2000

Jun 10, 2014, 12:56 AM
Post #44978 of 45342 (5467 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Busy as fuck. World Cup is upon us. Wedding plans are all last minute. Lots of work. My to-do list is a mile long. Not sure how much work I'll have when I get back from the US. It seems things are looking weird beyond the Cup. Not sure what to make of it, but there's definitely a strange energy in the air.

And oh yeah, this new regime could get interesting here, too.

edge

Jun 10, 2014, 4:13 AM
Post #44979 of 45342 (5459 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Busy as fuck. World Cup is upon us. Wedding plans are all last minute. Lots of work. My to-do list is a mile long. Not sure how much work I'll have when I get back from the US. It seems things are looking weird beyond the Cup. Not sure what to make of it, but there's definitely a strange energy in the air.

Yeah, well, I did 9 pitches today (many 200' long) at Lumpy. Mostly .9 & .10 hand and finger cracks and my feet are killing me. 5.9 cracks are the worst; easy enough to cram your tootsies in and wedge whereas in general harder cracks aren't wide enough to get the piggies in. Anyway, they friggin* hurt.

* is this a banzable word?

Gmburns2000

Jun 10, 2014, 10:09 AM
Post #44980 of 45342 (5448 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Yeah, well, I did 9 pitches today (many 200' long) at Lumpy. Mostly .9 & .10 hand and finger cracks and my feet are killing me. 5.9 cracks are the worst; easy enough to cram your tootsies in and wedge whereas in general harder cracks aren't wide enough to get the piggies in. Anyway, they friggin* hurt.

Well done sir. I'll get my hands on rock in about three weeks once in BH. God I can't wait. I've only ever been to Lumpy once. We did Kor's Flake (bring your big boys or run it out). Fantastic route. And if you're wondering, yes, the walk-off does bring you back, within reason, to your pack at the base.

In reply to:
* is this a banzable word?

Fuck if I know.

sungam

Jun 10, 2014, 1:58 PM
Post #44981 of 45342 (5441 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

butts

donald949

Jun 14, 2014, 5:55 AM
Post #44982 of 45342 (5403 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

meh

donald949

Jun 14, 2014, 5:58 AM
Post #44983 of 45342 (5398 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
hate the ponies.

congrats on the marriage.

Thanks, but there's no guarantee yet. We just discovered some new and lovely red tape bullshit we gotta go through. This is going to be a fun 30 days.

yeah, but you've encountered road blocks before. this too shall pass

Had a funny conversation with the Lady last night. It basically ended with me saying, "What are you doing later in the week? You want to get married Friday?" Laugh

hmmm what do you want to do Friday? catch a movie?? get some takeout?? get married??

congrats! hope the red tapey crud goes smoothly!

thanks. we're in wait-and-see mode now.
gongradulations!

haven't been able to reply to this thread since I saw this post. Hoping this posts now. Some sort of weird bug. Anyway, thanks to all.

Donny - get better sooner rather than later. Summer has just begun. We want to see you being top-belayed by Fred Beckey.
That would be about right

In reply to:
Just brought some paintings to a store. We'll see how it goes. Trying to be honest and give them the correct price that's on my website, but I'm being given signs to increase them. Am I honest or a fool?

donald949

Jun 14, 2014, 5:59 AM
Post #44984 of 45342 (5397 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You are kerrect, posting has been buggy lately.

donald949

Jun 14, 2014, 6:01 AM
Post #44985 of 45342 (5396 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

checkering on flights back two City O Rocks. Got sum unused tickets I'm trying to cash in.

donald949

Jun 14, 2014, 6:03 AM
Post #44986 of 45342 (5395 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
checkering on flights back two City O Rocks. Got sum unused tickets I'm trying to cash in.
Had a couple tickets back to home that went unused after teh yard sale that are sitting waiting to be picked up.

donald949

Jun 14, 2014, 6:06 AM
Post #44987 of 45342 (5394 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Had a couple tickets back to home that went unused after teh yard sale that are sitting waiting to be picked up.
Don't know if PT is helping oar hurting at this point. jess seams to make the tendons in the knee tender. Foot still way soar two. But the thing that hurts the knee the most is putting weight on it. knot sure ill when it will knot hurt tooo due that.Unsure

donald949

Jun 14, 2014, 6:22 AM
Post #44988 of 45342 (5390 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
On hold wit airline now.
2Hour 45min to 4:15 average wait.

donald949

Jun 14, 2014, 6:22 AM
Post #44989 of 45342 (5389 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

seriously?!?!?!?

Gmburns2000

Jun 14, 2014, 10:50 AM
Post #44990 of 45342 (5382 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Don't know if PT is helping oar hurting at this point. jess seams to make the tendons in the knee tender. Foot still way soar two. But the thing that hurts the knee the most is putting weight on it. knot sure ill when it will knot hurt tooo due that.Unsure

When do you go back to work? Are you rehabbed enough to get back / do they have an expectation for you?

Well done on the NPTPT (non-page turn PT) and happy belated.

The tickets work out OK?

The pup has been at the Lady's house for a few days trying to get used to her place. She's a rich pup. Late in the week she'll be working in the city (Lady's place - big apt but no yard) and then after, earlier in the week, she'll get to vacation in the country (my place - small apt but with a yard to run). The distance between the two (in dog legs) is about 3 hours (human legs = 15min sans dog and 25min com dog).

I'll be officially married in less than two weeks. I'll also be on a plane later the same day.

oh yeah, when do you guys move? Wasn't that supposed to happen during the summer when the kids are out of school?

Gmburns2000

Jun 17, 2014, 3:43 PM
Post #44991 of 45342 (5328 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

potty training the pup is spotty at best these days. she knows where she's supposed to go, and yet...she's batting about .350.

still, she's a good pup. not a barker, and she likes to play in a good way. we're just looking at about six months of training to get her to pee where she's supposed to. I personally think the Lady's idea that she should stay off the couch is a bit unreasonable.

donald949

Jun 22, 2014, 12:26 AM
Post #44992 of 45342 (5268 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:

When do you go back to work? Are you rehabbed enough to get back / do they have an expectation for you?

The tickets work out OK?

The pup has been at the Lady's house for a few days trying to get used to her place. She's a rich pup. Late in the week she'll be working in the city (Lady's place - big apt but no yard) and then after, earlier in the week, she'll get to vacation in the country (my place - small apt but with a yard to run). The distance between the two (in dog legs) is about 3 hours (human legs = 15min sans dog and 25min com dog).

I'll be officially married in less than two weeks. I'll also be on a plane later the same day.

oh yeah, when do you guys move? Wasn't that supposed to happen during the summer when the kids are out of school?

lets see where to begin.
Congrats on the up coming wedding! And best wishes for a long and happy married life.

If all goes well I should be back to work by the end of the month. PT is going well. less tired and less soar at the end. Weights are going up, a little, so I must be getting stronger. Gait is improving, but still a long way from normal. Pain, soreness and stiffness are my companions, but they are a moving target. Never can predict which will hurt, stiff, or be soar more, knee or foot.
Gave up on trying to score tickets the other night. Called back later during the day and got my flight. 2 minute wait.
House is sold, and will close soon. Family will head up shortly there after. Kids get out of skull this wed.

Congrats again.

Gmburns2000

Jun 22, 2014, 7:15 PM
Post #44993 of 45342 (5255 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:

The tickets work out OK?

lets see where to begin.
Congrats on the up coming wedding! And best wishes for a long and happy married life.

If all goes well I should be back to work by the end of the month. PT is going well. less tired and less soar at the end. Weights are going up, a little, so I must be getting stronger. Gait is improving, but still a long way from normal. Pain, soreness and stiffness are my companions, but they are a moving target. Never can predict which will hurt, stiff, or be soar more, knee or foot.
Gave up on trying to score tickets the other night. Called back later during the day and got my flight. 2 minute wait.
House is sold, and will close soon. Family will head up shortly there after. Kids get out of skull this wed.

Congrats again.

Dude, sounds as if you're making progress. Congrats on that. I imagine you're going to have pain and soreness in some way for life. That kind of sucks, but I hope it doesn't prevent you from being active again. I hope you can get out and climb and / or ski again, even if not that aggressively as in the past.

Congrats on the house sale and getting your family back together in the new place. I hope you guys can settle down there well. Good luck with it.

Thanks for the congrats. We sign the document Friday morning and leave Friday afternoon. Wow.

Gmburns2000

Jul 13, 2014, 11:19 PM
Post #44994 of 45342 (4951 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

back from a whirlwind trip to the states. we drove about 1800 miles (yes, boston to bar harbor to topsham to boston to topsham to north conway to bar harbor to boston - among other journeys here and there - is about the same as driving about half-way across the US).

But the nice thing is that the ceremony was nice, I forgot what day of the week it was starting on the second day there, and the Lady liked Maine.

Overall, a success. Now it's time to move on again down here.

(well, a bottle of highland park smashed in my luggage and now my suitcase and bathroom reek have a lovely scent of whiskey. no real damage except it got on some fairly expensive watercolor paper I brought back)

(also got three days of climbing in. I suck, but I was happy)

notapplicable

Jul 16, 2014, 3:04 PM
Post #44995 of 45342 (4904 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
dude. just saw your vid. um. you got fucked up. wow!
Yea. Can't put any weight on the right leg and right wrist.
Walker with elbow pad, kind of slow going. Those not on face book can see it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

I want to see the carnage but this video appears not to be available in my country.

notapplicable

Jul 16, 2014, 3:10 PM
Post #44996 of 45342 (4899 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
back from a whirlwind trip to the states. we drove about 1800 miles (yes, boston to bar harbor to topsham to boston to topsham to north conway to bar harbor to boston - among other journeys here and there - is about the same as driving about half-way across the US).

But the nice thing is that the ceremony was nice, I forgot what day of the week it was starting on the second day there, and the Lady liked Maine.

Overall, a success. Now it's time to move on again down here.

(well, a bottle of highland park smashed in my luggage and now my suitcase and bathroom reek have a lovely scent of whiskey. no real damage except it got on some fairly expensive watercolor paper I brought back)

(also got three days of climbing in. I suck, but I was happy)

You come home AND get married and no invites for the SPCI?? Thats cool, we see how it is.

notapplicable

Jul 16, 2014, 3:12 PM
Post #44997 of 45342 (4898 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

That's awesome though. Many happy years!!

Gmburns2000

Jul 17, 2014, 2:46 AM
Post #44998 of 45342 (4879 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:

Thanks. There may be climbing invites starting next year again, so keep your eyes and ears open.

How's life down south? You climbing at all?

notapplicable

Jul 17, 2014, 3:27 PM
Post #44999 of 45342 (4865 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

Thanks. There may be climbing invites starting next year again, so keep your eyes and ears open.

How's life down south? You climbing at all?

I'm psyched on that. I don't check in here often so shoot me a PM so I get am email notification.

The last six months have been great for climbing. I've pretty much eleminated the gap between my sport and trad onsight levels and I've been soloing a ton. I'm leave in 4 days for a month long trip to Grand Teton NP. Will be soloing a lot but two of my partners just moved to CO and others are coming thru on road trips. I'm pretty excited.

notapplicable

Jul 17, 2014, 3:29 PM
Post #45000 of 45342 (4863 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Don. I saw some posts about you moving but not where to. Where ya headed?

First page Previous page 1 ... 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook