Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4117 4118 4119 4120 4121 4122 4123 4124 4125 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

dr_feelgood

Aug 5, 2014, 7:26 PM
Post #103001 of 105309 (3739 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

nf

dr_feelgood

Aug 5, 2014, 7:27 PM
Post #103002 of 105309 (3738 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

three is a good number.

dr_feelgood

Aug 5, 2014, 7:27 PM
Post #103003 of 105309 (3737 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
three is a good number.
Today's snoppy point.

snoopy138

Aug 5, 2014, 8:53 PM
Post #103004 of 105309 (3731 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
hmmm

non-millstone post 103K!

It's been a slow slog from 100K to 103K.

snoopy138

Aug 5, 2014, 8:55 PM
Post #103005 of 105309 (3729 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Visited Secret Tom's choss world over the weekend, super fun. Vert granite with cool features/holds. Camhead would be jealous of the punny names. Chains we can believe in, the audacity of Rope, Chalk to the Hand, look whose Chalking, etc. Got bouted on the 3 11deez I tried to onsight. good times.

It's knot that sekrit and in the guidebuk now, right?

true and true. Still low key though, and guarded by a horrendous hike. You hike down, much like going down into a HOLE. Getting in you get the shaky knees. Going out hurts the quads. I'd say getting out is like doing a Castleton. Maybe 45 minutes to hike out? I forget how long Castleton actually is, been a few years.

that sounds approximately like a castleton, I think.
This looks approximately like a ptftw, I think.

approximately, but not exactly.

Partner camhead

Aug 5, 2014, 9:30 PM
Post #103006 of 105309 (3720 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Visited Secret Tom's choss world over the weekend, super fun. Vert granite with cool features/holds. Camhead would be jealous of the punny names. Chains we can believe in, the audacity of Rope, Chalk to the Hand, look whose Chalking, etc. Got bouted on the 3 11deez I tried to onsight. good times.

true and true. Still low key though, and guarded by a horrendous hike. You hike down, much like going down into a HOLE. Getting in you get the shaky knees. Going out hurts the quads. I'd say getting out is like doing a Castleton. Maybe 45 minutes to hike out? I forget how long Castleton actually is, been a few years.

1 Castleton = roughly 15 Supercracks, I believe.

Partner camhead

Aug 5, 2014, 9:32 PM
Post #103007 of 105309 (3720 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
My callouses are getting pretty intense, especially on my pinky. Thoughts? I'm worried I'll absent mindedly chew them off.

Don't talk to me about callouses and skin issues. You have any idea what dry tool training in this heat and humidity does to your hands?!

Probably not as bad as campusing outside in Dubbya Vee summer conditions.

Partner camhead

Aug 5, 2014, 9:36 PM
Post #103008 of 105309 (3717 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, most of ya'll probably already saw on teh facespace, but for the benefit of Doc and Trapper: I got me a gnu Taco. It's a 2002 extended cab 4wd, only had 100k on it, I got it for $9000, was able to pay cash for most of it. Pretty psyched, even the automatic transmission is unexpectedly gneiss. Still need to switch out my sleeper platform and camper shell from Old Red, and hopefully will be able to sell this ridiculous bed cover that came with it.

Haven't gotten rid of Old Red yet, might not at all. I'm like Beck, I've got two turntables tacomas and a microphone.

snoopy138

Aug 5, 2014, 9:39 PM
Post #103009 of 105309 (3715 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Well, most of ya'll probably already saw on teh facespace, but for the benefit of Doc and Trapper: I got me a gnu Taco. It's a 2002 extended cab 4wd, only had 100k on it, I got it for $9000, was able to pay cash for most of it. Pretty psyched, even the automatic transmission is unexpectedly gneiss. Still need to switch out my sleeper platform and camper shell from Old Red, and hopefully will be able to sell this ridiculous bed cover that came with it.

Haven't gotten rid of Old Red yet, might not at all. I'm like Beck, I've got two turntables tacomas and a microphone.

haven't been on teh fasespase in about a weke, so this is gnus to me.

Partner camhead

Aug 5, 2014, 9:45 PM
Post #103010 of 105309 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:

Bad photo...

(This post was edited by camhead on Aug 5, 2014, 9:47 PM)

carabiner96

Aug 5, 2014, 10:35 PM
Post #103011 of 105309 (3705 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:
My callouses are getting pretty intense, especially on my pinky. Thoughts? I'm worried I'll absent mindedly chew them off.

Don't talk to me about callouses and skin issues. You have any idea what dry tool training in this heat and humidity does to your hands?!

I do not, and I don't expect I'll ever find out.

I'll take photos after my training session on Thursday.
Sounds fungal.

caughtinside

Aug 5, 2014, 10:51 PM
Post #103012 of 105309 (3700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

If you kept Old Red... what the hell for? Just rip off the band aid. Unless you're really settling into WV trailer life? Gotta have a few non functional cars out in frunt.

snoopy138

Aug 5, 2014, 10:53 PM
Post #103013 of 105309 (3698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:

Bad photo...

gneiss.

lena_chita

Aug 6, 2014, 12:33 AM
Post #103014 of 105309 (3689 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:

If you kept Old Red... what the hell for? Just rip off the band aid. Unless you're really settling into WV trailer life? Gotta have a few non functional cars out in frunt.

That's what I said, too.

dr_feelgood

Aug 6, 2014, 1:57 AM
Post #103015 of 105309 (3681 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

This looks approximately like a ptftw, I think.

approximately, but not exactly.
What a Pyrrhic victory you've won.

dr_feelgood

Aug 6, 2014, 1:58 AM
Post #103016 of 105309 (3680 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

I gnu, because you asked for advice...

dr_feelgood

Aug 6, 2014, 2:00 AM
Post #103017 of 105309 (3678 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:

You need something to shoot squirrels off of...

Partner camhead

Aug 6, 2014, 2:03 AM
Post #103018 of 105309 (3677 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:

Yes. Although your advice came after I bought it.

As for Old Red, I'm very sentimentally attached to him. Been across the country a dozen times, canada to Mexico, one of the few unabashedly good decisions I've ever made. I'm actually working on donating him to the AAC for use as a campground utility vehicle, so I can get the tax write off, not have to pay insurance or licensing anymore, but still keep an eye on him.

dr_feelgood

Aug 6, 2014, 2:13 AM
Post #103019 of 105309 (3672 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:

As for Old Red, I'm very sentimentally attached to him. Been across the country a dozen times, canada to Mexico, one of the few unabashedly good decisions I've ever made. I'm actually working on donating him to the AAC for use as a campground utility vehicle, so I can get the tax write off, not have to pay insurance or licensing anymore, but still keep an eye on him.

I was terribly busy. I swear.

Red would make a good grocery-getter/pallet-hauler for the ACC

granite_grrl

Aug 6, 2014, 2:31 AM
Post #103020 of 105309 (3667 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

Probably not as bad as campusing outside in Dubbya Vee summer conditions.

Possibly, but I'm not convinced. You should see my friend Neil's hands as he's doing figure 4 training in a 35C attic. I told him to cut that shit out.

granite_grrl

Aug 6, 2014, 2:33 AM
Post #103021 of 105309 (3667 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

I do not, and I don't expect I'll ever find out.

I'll take photos after my training session on Thursday.
Sounds fungal.
I am a fun-gal. What's yore poynte? Unimpressed

granite_grrl

Aug 6, 2014, 2:37 AM
Post #103022 of 105309 (3665 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

We're trying to decide what kind of route we're going with our Sprinter purchase. We found an '06 with 130000km on it, but we're hesitant to buy an older vehicle. Especially when I've heard the Sprinters are expensive to maintain. Hard to find the exact info we want on the interwebs though.

caughtinside

Aug 6, 2014, 4:13 AM
Post #103023 of 105309 (3659 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Vans are tough, depends on your budget.

A nice 4x4 astro with a high top showed up on mp for 18k, with 90k miles on the odometer. Fully kitted for road tripping.

Have you looked at the Nissan high top vans?

granite_grrl

Aug 6, 2014, 11:47 AM
Post #103024 of 105309 (3646 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Vans are tough, depends on your budget.

A nice 4x4 astro with a high top showed up on mp for 18k, with 90k miles on the odometer. Fully kitted for road tripping.

Have you looked at the Nissan high top vans?

We don't even know our budget yet. We could afford a brand new van, but with Nathan quitting his job at the end of the month and the number of renos that need to be completed on the house before we sell it, I want to have a stock pile of monies to cover all the bills.

We didn't look at the Nissan, but took a good look at the Promasters (dodge). They weren't bad, but the cab is funny to ride in, and frankly Nathan sits almost too tall (there's this shelf thing above the windshield that kinda almost blocks his view).

Ford is brining their big van to NA for 2015 too, and that could be very worth while waiting for.

The '06 Sprinter we were looking at we could get for $16k, which isn't bad as far as Sprinters go. But like I said, maintenance cost is high on those things, and reading online there's a pile of things you're supposed to check before you buy.

We're also wondering if we should try to find a passenger van instead of just a cargo van, then before or after road trip life we can cram half a dozen people into the thing and do epic road trips to the RRG. the 170 WB would be long enough for us to have a couple of rows of seats and still have a platform in the very back for sleeping.

lena_chita

Aug 6, 2014, 2:17 PM
Post #103025 of 105309 (3632 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:

That could work.

I admit that I have never gotten sentimentally attached to my cars, but Subie might be worming her way in. She's staying in teh family for a good long while yet, but when she finally needs to go, in the future... I dunno.

First page Previous page 1 ... 4117 4118 4119 4120 4121 4122 4123 4124 4125 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook