Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4121 4122 4123 4124 4125 4126 4127 4128 4129 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Partner cracklover

Aug 11, 2014, 12:49 AM
Post #103101 of 105309 (3931 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

... was this PTFTW.

GO

Partner cracklover

Aug 11, 2014, 12:49 AM
Post #103102 of 105309 (3930 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Those are always fun.

Partner cracklover

Aug 11, 2014, 12:50 AM
Post #103103 of 105309 (3929 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Better pertekt this won.

Partner cracklover

Aug 11, 2014, 12:50 AM
Post #103104 of 105309 (3928 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

From all a y'all Francises.

GO

climbs4fun

Aug 11, 2014, 1:39 AM
Post #103105 of 105309 (3921 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
... was this PTFTW.

GO

Brings a tear to my eye. They grow up so fast...

Partner camhead

Aug 11, 2014, 11:01 AM
Post #103106 of 105309 (3903 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbs4fun] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Leaving for Utah this morning. Two day drive in the new Taco. Looking forward to a vacay.

lena_chita

Aug 11, 2014, 11:46 AM
Post #103107 of 105309 (3900 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
Actually climbed on rocks all weekend instead of holding onto ice tools. Fingers are raw and this rock scaling thing is hard.

Rubbing salt in wounds is easy though.

My fingers are almost done with skin shedding. Sigh.

lena_chita

Aug 11, 2014, 11:47 AM
Post #103108 of 105309 (3899 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cracklover wrote:
Highlight of my weekend was getting into a shouting match with some roid-raged Hispanic dude in NYC today. Called the cops on him after he tried to run over my friends. All this over a parking space! Man, parking spaces are like gold in Manhattan.

GO

This is why I hate NYC.

granite_grrl

Aug 11, 2014, 12:57 PM
Post #103109 of 105309 (3892 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Actually climbed on rocks all weekend instead of holding onto ice tools. Fingers are raw and this rock scaling thing is hard.

I feel for you, but we've all had our time sitting on our ass recovering from surgery. Well, at least me, Doc, Paul and Kel (I may have missed someone).

lena_chita

Aug 11, 2014, 1:51 PM
Post #103110 of 105309 (3887 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I feel for you, but we've all had our time sitting on our ass recovering from surgery. Well, at least me, Doc, Paul and Kel (I may have missed someone).

Oh, I know. And you guys have done your share of (justified) whining, too. Now I am contributing my own.

It looks like Ed and Heffe (!!!!!) are going climbing together next weekend. to the Red (!!!!!!)

I am not entirely convinced that this is actually going to happen. But if it does, and if Heffe has a good time... Well, I have always said that Ed is a better person than me. This would be a confirmation, as well as proof that he can work miracles.

I hope the weather is good. Well, the NICE part of me is hoping that. The rest of me is hoping that a moonsoon would strike next weekend.

(This post was edited by lena_chita on Aug 11, 2014, 1:56 PM)

caughtinside

Aug 11, 2014, 4:25 PM
Post #103111 of 105309 (3868 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Fell off the last move of the local project deliverance last night. Very last hard move, going to a jug. I missed it by an inch or so, still not sure what happened. I think my foot popped. I was thinking mid-move that I totally had it and before I knew it I was on the end of the rope.

caughtinside

Aug 11, 2014, 4:27 PM
Post #103112 of 105309 (3867 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

just had a scammer call me and told me I was selected for a $9k government grant! That I never need to pay back! All I had to do was give him a bank acct or a credit card number. I asked him just to mail me a check. No dice.

I got bored and told him I thought he was full of shit and he unloaded on me in a heavy indian accent 'you are the shit! you are the bullshit! There is no government grant for the bullshit!' I was laughing and I think that upset the poor guy. He told me he wasn't going to give me my grant monies, and give it to charity instead. I thanked him for that.

I iz your philanthropist!! AngelicAngelicAngelic

lena_chita

Aug 11, 2014, 5:45 PM
Post #103113 of 105309 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
just had a scammer call me and told me I was selected for a $9k government grant! That I never need to pay back! All I had to do was give him a bank acct or a credit card number. I asked him just to mail me a check. No dice.

I got bored and told him I thought he was full of shit and he unloaded on me in a heavy indian accent 'you are the shit! you are the bullshit! There is no government grant for the bullshit!' I was laughing and I think that upset the poor guy. He told me he wasn't going to give me my grant monies, and give it to charity instead. I thanked him for that.

I iz your philanthropist!! AngelicAngelicAngelic

DId he mention which charity is going to get your grant?

It boggles my mind that people fall for this kind of shit, but they do all the time.

Partner epoch

Aug 11, 2014, 7:58 PM
Post #103114 of 105309 (3852 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
I tried bell peppers one year and never again. They take too long and just don't produce enough. Sheppards are a good option for a sweet pepper, but they still take longer than say a sweet banana. Could work well for you though, I think your growing season is a touch longer?

I've done pretty okay with egg plant in the past, but for the number I need and use I just buy them.

Let me know how the mellons do. I've never had luck, I think they need too much water (this may have been a good year to try them).

I've never tried sheppards, haven't even heard of them, but I will look for them next year. And yeah, eggplants are doing o.k. But I want to have maybe 2-3 eggplants a week for as many weeks as possible. And that doesn't seem to happen.

I am doing really well with succession planting of small stuff, like lettuce, radishes, spinach, cilantro, etc. I haven't needed to buy any since the end of June.

And next year, when I can start the garden earlier, I would be good with succession planting of beets and carrots. They are doing well, I just haven't had any yet, because I planted late.

But I can't figure out how to have succession of eggplants or peppers. Everybody says that you should plant a mixture of early and late varieties to extend the season. But no matter what I plant, they all mature at the same time. And not particularly prolifically.

Oh yeah, and I have irrigation system in place, courtesy of Heffe. So hopefully the melons are getting enough water.

Eggplants need food every 2-3 weeks, depending on your soil, and water every 2 days while they are producing. I wasn't getting any from my plants for a while and started fertilizing every 3-4 weeks. I get at least 2 per week (have 3 plants) and even with my neglect of not being around for the past week, I have a bounty of fruits to eat now.

Partner epoch

Aug 11, 2014, 8:04 PM
Post #103115 of 105309 (3849 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
There is even a fantastic poo-with-a-view on the Bugaboo-Snowpatch Col.

coordinates?
Looks like the cap of a sunscreen bottle in front of yor ass.

lena_chita

Aug 11, 2014, 9:52 PM
Post #103116 of 105309 (3832 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
I tried bell peppers one year and never again. They take too long and just don't produce enough. Sheppards are a good option for a sweet pepper, but they still take longer than say a sweet banana. Could work well for you though, I think your growing season is a touch longer?

I've done pretty okay with egg plant in the past, but for the number I need and use I just buy them.

Let me know how the mellons do. I've never had luck, I think they need too much water (this may have been a good year to try them).

I've never tried sheppards, haven't even heard of them, but I will look for them next year. And yeah, eggplants are doing o.k. But I want to have maybe 2-3 eggplants a week for as many weeks as possible. And that doesn't seem to happen.

I am doing really well with succession planting of small stuff, like lettuce, radishes, spinach, cilantro, etc. I haven't needed to buy any since the end of June.

And next year, when I can start the garden earlier, I would be good with succession planting of beets and carrots. They are doing well, I just haven't had any yet, because I planted late.

But I can't figure out how to have succession of eggplants or peppers. Everybody says that you should plant a mixture of early and late varieties to extend the season. But no matter what I plant, they all mature at the same time. And not particularly prolifically.

Oh yeah, and I have irrigation system in place, courtesy of Heffe. So hopefully the melons are getting enough water.

Eggplants need food every 2-3 weeks, depending on your soil, and water every 2 days while they are producing. I wasn't getting any from my plants for a while and started fertilizing every 3-4 weeks. I get at least 2 per week (have 3 plants) and even with my neglect of not being around for the past week, I have a bounty of fruits to eat now.

I actually picked 3 eggplants yesterday, and there are 6 more in various stages of readiness. Only two kinds of eggplants are making fruit though (I planted 4 kinds), so I guess I know which ones are I am not planting again!

snoopy138

Aug 12, 2014, 3:51 PM
Post #103117 of 105309 (3795 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
cracklover wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:
Well, most of ya'll probably already saw on teh facespace, but for the benefit of Doc and Trapper: I got me a gnu Taco. It's a 2002 extended cab 4wd, only had 100k on it, I got it for $9000, was able to pay cash for most of it. Pretty psyched, even the automatic transmission is unexpectedly gneiss. Still need to switch out my sleeper platform and camper shell from Old Red, and hopefully will be able to sell this ridiculous bed cover that came with it.

Haven't gotten rid of Old Red yet, might not at all. I'm like Beck, I've got two turntables tacomas and a microphone.
I gnu, because you asked for advice...

Yes. Although your advice came after I bought it.

As for Old Red, I'm very sentimentally attached to him. Been across the country a dozen times, canada to Mexico, one of the few unabashedly good decisions I've ever made. I'm actually working on donating him to the AAC for use as a campground utility vehicle, so I can get the tax write off, not have to pay insurance or licensing anymore, but still keep an eye on him.

That could work.

I admit that I have never gotten sentimentally attached to my cars, but Subie might be worming her way in. She's staying in teh family for a good long while yet, but when she finally needs to go, in the future... I dunno.

I dunno what I'm gonna do when my current car kicks the bucket. There's nothing remotely like it now. And it's making a funny noise that is getting worse and worse, and the first mechanic couldn't diagnose.

70 MPG, and enough room for Allison and I to pack a week's worth of climbing and camping and food and gear. I really hope it never dies.

GO

70 mpg, seriously? That is nice.

The 4wd capability/high clearance is fairly essential at the Red, unless you are climbing in Muir Valley. Seems like for half of the crags you need it, these days. And that def cuts into the gas mileage.

Speaking of crappy gas mileage, OMG!!!! The car that we drove in Xzzzz, is the crappiest vehicle ever.

Brand spanking new Jeep Wrangler limited edition Sahara-something-or-other-blah-blah, with all bells and whistles, belongs to Bob-o, Banz's soft spot.

Mind you, Bob-o himself doesn't drive on highways. But he wanted to bring his car, because it is roomy, and because he has a lockbox in the trunk for his gun and laptop and shit. And when Bob-o says jump, Banz only asks how high, because that's how things are.

So who got to drive it and pay for gas? Me and Banz, of course. On the drive from Denver to Xzzz there was a lot of headwind, and the drive is sort of consistently slightly uphill. SO this behemoth averaged 16 mpg, whoopie-dee-doo! It handles horribly, too. We weren't even going anywhere near 70mph, 60-65 at most, and white-knuckled the whole way.

On the way from Xzzz to back East the wind was on our back, and the going downhill overall, so we averaged whooping 19mpg!!! With slighter better handling, but still, I ended up driving through Chicago at 6a.m. in the morning, after sleeping couple hours in the back seat, and I blame any new white hairs on the experience.

And the things is, I can't see it being good off-road vehicle, either. It was barely managing the uphill drive on gravel road at 25mpg, with the engine RPMs going into 6K. And the trunk is not nearly as roomy as you'd think it would be, between the monster tires, and the lockbox, 3 backpacks in the back would be enough to not be able to see out of the back window at all.

I wouldn't take it if someone gave it to me free... Well, no, I would take it, and then turn around and sell it to a guy whose manhood needs a boost.

Jeeps are amongst the worst road trip vehicles evar. It does not surprise me that bob would have one though.

But seriously, the guy made you guys drive it and pay for gas? And this is in addition to him smoking, making sexist comments, complaining, refusing to go to crags without short approaches, and so forth? Lame.

What were the logistical reasons for you guys having to drive it though?

Well, so first Banz drove to Pittsburgh.

Then Banz and bobo drove to Denver together. Or rather, Banz drove bobo.

I flew to Denver, and bobo's friend lives in Denver, and was going to go with us to Xzzz. But he wasn't staying the whole 2 weeks, so he was taking his own car (Little Honda Civic). So then bobo rode to Xzzz with his friend, and Banz and I were charged with driving bobo's car. So of course we were paying for the gas for the monster on the trip from Denver, since we were driving it. Took us 4 or 5 fill-ups. And I think little Civic made it with one fill-up, and still had plenty of gas left over...
Four fill-ups? Fuck, my taco makes it from bozo to xzzzz in a single tank of gas.

shitty gas mileage and a small gas tank?

And Bozeman is quite a bit closer to Xzzz than Denver.

But yeah, Jeep has relatively small tank, for it's size. About the same size tank as my Subaru, but needing refueling twice as often.

I wonder how car companies decide what size tank to put in a car.

the old Mole Star had a 25 gallon tank. It hurt to fill up, but at least you could go 450+ miles once you were full. 18mpg

The tdi has a 13 gallon tank and can go 600 miles on a road trip. ~50mpg

gas jetta has a 13 gallon tank and gets about 425 on a road trip. ~32 mpg

You guys remember the good old Land Hog? I think that had a 18 gallon tank and could do 16mpg. A little less than 300 per tank I think.

I don't think I'd want a car that couldn't make it 400 miles per tank. Its psychologically damaging to swipe that card that much and pump that often.

Yeah, my old fj60 landcruiser that I had in college was approaching land hog levels of crass consumption. Less than 300 miles to a tank, on a 20 gallon tank as I recall.

I did some calculations on the new Taco today, since a friend and I drove up to Hellhio in it to pick up Old Red where I left h at the dealer. La plata gets about 20mpg, Old Red gets about 26. But since LP has a 17 gal tank and OR has a 12, they both go about 350 miles or so on a tank.

Also hung out in columbus today. It was strange; lots of drinking and biking around, but I'm definitely glad to be not living there anymore.
Stopped by the old condo; my herb garden is doing awesome.

Must have been hard, no? Did you pick any mint to take back for mojitos?

Btw, can you give me your mojito recipe again? Heffe has been hinting heavily that your mojito was the best, and that mint needs heavy trimming.

I did not pick any mint. That was in the back garden, which I didn't go into.

I'm not sure what recipe I used; they usually have a bit of rum, brown sugar, club soda, lime, and then you crush mint leaves into it. Did I make y'all a frozen mojitorita, though?

I think you have.

The mojito recipe I have is pretty much what you said, except for white sugar. But brown sugar is an easy substitute. Gotta make it soon!

Combination of garden tawk and drink tawk. Nice.

So here's a great new drink I've been making recently. It's called Diablo Verde. I don't know the ratios - make them the way you like them. But basically, muddle some mint and lime with sugar in the glass, add jalapeno-infused tequila, lime juice, and a splash of port. Serve on ice. Add fizzy water for a lighter version. If you want to try, but don't have time to do the jalapeno-infused tequila, you can get it pretty good by just squishing up a few slices of jalapeno with the tequila, and letting it sit for 20 minutes before straining out the jalapeno. The flavor's not quite the same, but it's still good.

To make the jalapeno infused tequila, I used a couple of them from my garden in about a cup of tequila. Chopped in in large chunks, and left 'em in for a month or so. Wound up quite strong - might try half that number next time. If you like the flavor of jalapeno, it's a super-delicious drink.

Oh, I forgot, you can also add cilantro. While I typically like cilantro, I don't think it does much for this drink.

GO

That sounds good; I'll try it when I'm at my parents place next week, they'd probably be psyched on that too. The local Mexican place here does a jalepeno margie, just adding a bit of juice from canned japs and then garnishing it with a few slices of the peppers. It's ok. But jap-infused tequila sounds really cool, I need to try that.

RACIST.

snoopy138

Aug 12, 2014, 3:53 PM
Post #103118 of 105309 (3792 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
Racist! Since when are jalapenos abbreviated as japs?

Since I gnu I could get a "RACIST!MadMadMad" out of it, hehe.

or several

snoopy138

Aug 12, 2014, 3:54 PM
Post #103119 of 105309 (3791 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Crazy

Big climbing plans for the day fell through. But, headed out to try the local proj in an hour.

I saw on the fb. That snipes went for the Nice Hike.

fuck, I don't even know what's going on about me on teh fb.

climbed at teh hole beforehand, got a clean TR run on the 5-finger.

snoopy138

Aug 12, 2014, 4:04 PM
Post #103120 of 105309 (3784 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:

I iz your bullshit!! AngelicAngelicAngelic

caughtinside

Aug 12, 2014, 6:11 PM
Post #103121 of 105309 (3767 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Crazy

Big climbing plans for the day fell through. But, headed out to try the local proj in an hour.

I saw on the fb. That snipes went for the Nice Hike.

fuck, I don't even know what's going on about me on teh fb.

climbed at teh hole beforehand, got a clean TR run on the 5-finger.

nice work! I didn't think you'd be able to drive by the worst kept secret in sokat for a Nice Hike.

caughtinside

Aug 12, 2014, 6:12 PM
Post #103122 of 105309 (3764 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

I iz your bullshit!! AngelicAngelicAngelic

I see what you did there. Mad

Partner cracklover

Aug 12, 2014, 8:42 PM
Post #103123 of 105309 (3752 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbs4fun] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbs4fun wrote:
cracklover wrote:
... was this PTFTW.

GO

Brings a tear to my eye. They grow up so fast...

I'm not going to do yer work for you, but I've been bagging occasional wins for a long time.

In other news, just had my first real score on the crabbing front. Bagged five keepers before work. Sweet!

On the downside, somebody swiped one of my traps.

I was in the middle of resetting one of 'em when this lady with about five teeth walks up to me with a story about her sick husband in a nursing home, how she's going to miss the bus, and they called her because he's having heart problems. So anyway, I wind up giving her a ride, and when we get back, one of my three traps is gone.

She gave me five bucks for the ride, which I felt pretty shitty about taking at the time, but she wouldn't take no for an answer. But once I discovered the missing trap, well, I guess it seemed to even out a little more. I know the $$ probably means more to her than it does me though.

I'm super-glad I took the extra few seconds to put my bucket of crabs off to the side, though. It was just out of the way enough that it wouldn't have been immediately obvious to someone walking by. I would've been really bummed to lose a trap *and* all my crabs.

GO

Partner camhead

Aug 12, 2014, 8:47 PM
Post #103124 of 105309 (3746 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

or several

You know what else is Japanese? Bukkake. GU bukkake.

lena_chita

Aug 15, 2014, 12:41 PM
Post #103125 of 105309 (3669 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I can't believe the weird chilly weather we are having this year. Several times in the past couple weeks it was too chilly for pool, at the height of a sunny day.

My tomato plants are full of green tomatoes, just sitting there, trying to figure out if they could maybe still ripen, or maybe it is October already, and they will be picked green any day.

Cantaloupes and honeydews just say, WTF, as they look at me from between the leaves.

Come on, summer!

First page Previous page 1 ... 4121 4122 4123 4124 4125 4126 4127 4128 4129 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook