Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4132 4133 4134 4135 4136 4137 4138 4139 4140 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

dr_feelgood

Sep 19, 2014, 12:18 AM
Post #103376 of 105309 (7390 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

HANGER!!!!

dr_feelgood

Sep 19, 2014, 12:19 AM
Post #103377 of 105309 (7389 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Schnappy suxx!

dr_feelgood

Sep 19, 2014, 12:19 AM
Post #103378 of 105309 (7388 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

MWHAHHAHAHAa

dr_feelgood

Sep 19, 2014, 12:20 AM
Post #103379 of 105309 (7387 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

how the mighty have fallen...

dr_feelgood

Sep 19, 2014, 12:21 AM
Post #103380 of 105309 (7386 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

estimated sp

lena_chita

Sep 22, 2014, 1:16 AM
Post #103381 of 105309 (7246 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Weak-end report:

I hung-bored. And tore a flapper at the first joint of middle finger on a two-finger pocket. Owwwww!

I can turn pedals on a stationary bike for 8 full minutes now. AND I can stand on one foot for 30 sec. I also baked bread, cleaned the house, weeded the garden, made pizza, and got only slightly white-knuckled while being a passenger in a car driven by a kidling...

Where is my medal? I demand one.

carabiner96

Sep 22, 2014, 1:31 AM
Post #103382 of 105309 (7243 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
Weak-end report:

I hung-bored. And tore a flapper at the first joint of middle finger on a two-finger pocket. Owwwww!

I can turn pedals on a stationary bike for 8 full minutes now. AND I can stand on one foot for 30 sec. I also baked bread, cleaned the house, weeded the garden, made pizza, and got only slightly white-knuckled while being a passenger in a car driven by a kidling...

Where is my medal? I demand one.

My trophy broke so my cheap ass medal is in the no touchy box.

I'm trying to figure if i should try to find a way to get a hangboard workout thing going or just keep climbing. Maybe some kind of sling I can hang off of on my left arm while hangboarding with my right?

carabiner96

Sep 22, 2014, 1:37 AM
Post #103383 of 105309 (7238 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey ladies - any thoughts on how the new/more recent stonewear designs stuff fits? I keep seeing stuff I like on SAC but not sure if I'd be a small or medium, I seem to recall they ran tiny back in the day.

lena_chita

Sep 22, 2014, 1:58 AM
Post #103384 of 105309 (7233 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Hey ladies - any thoughts on how the new/more recent stonewear designs stuff fits? I keep seeing stuff I like on SAC but not sure if I'd be a small or medium, I seem to recall they ran tiny back in the day.

They do run on the smaller size, but their fit has changed quite a bit over time, so they tend to fit on the looser side, but still fit small. Does it make sense?

I think for a top you should get a medium. I get a S instead of XS in their tops, because on XS the top edge cuts into my Latissimus Dorsi. For pants I go XS, and even that sometimes fits loose. (just fine on their Stonewear pants, with the V-shaped waist in front, but too loose on the Rocking pants)

Do NOT get their reincarnation of the ladderback tank top. I used to love that back design so much! But the new one fits like a tunic, e.i. tight around the bust, but super-loose around the hips and waist. It falls into my face if I try to do a handstand, which a tank top definitely should not do. And if I put a harness on with that top, it looks like I am wearing a peasant blouse, instead of the tank top. They also have started lining their bra cups with thick foam, at least on that particular model, when they used to have just plain shelf bras. Bottom line for me is that I wear this ladder-back top for dancing, and look pretty sweet in it, but it is not a climbing top anymore. Unsure

granite_grrl

Sep 24, 2014, 3:57 PM
Post #103385 of 105309 (7068 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So I was going to post a photo of crickets in here, but when I started looking through google images I found my self revolted at the bugs the longer I looked at them.

I've become such a baby when it comes insects.

Partner camhead

Sep 24, 2014, 4:43 PM
Post #103386 of 105309 (7066 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I am partly to blame for the lack of content here, y'all. Been beyond busy this past week, putting on the Craggin' Classic at my campground. Was really fun, though.

Climbed a bit, drank a lot, served breakfast to 250 people, set up a giant dyno wall with a pulley and Old Red, slept about 3 hrs a night.

Then yesterday I started putting lead burns into a new line that I'm close on, and abandoned Pat Goodman prodge! Ontarioclimbing shitzpantsinrage!

lena_chita

Sep 24, 2014, 6:04 PM
Post #103387 of 105309 (7055 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
So I was going to post a photo of crickets in here, but when I started looking through google images I found my self revolted at the bugs the longer I looked at them.

Revolted by crickets, or other bugs?

I find myself reacting much stronger to snakes than I used to. Even the ones that I know 100% sure are not poisonous, even the videos of the snakes, let alone live snakes. Brrr...

dr_feelgood

Sep 24, 2014, 7:05 PM
Post #103388 of 105309 (7040 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:

school = busy

lena_chita

Sep 24, 2014, 7:15 PM
Post #103389 of 105309 (7036 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
I am partly to blame for the lack of content here, y'all. Been beyond busy this past week, putting on the Craggin' Classic at my campground. Was really fun, though.

Climbed a bit, drank a lot, served breakfast to 250 people, set up a giant dyno wall with a pulley and Old Red, slept about 3 hrs a night.

Then yesterday I started putting lead burns into a new line that I'm close on, and abandoned Pat Goodman prodge! Ontarioclimbing shitzpantsinrage!

How did Banz do in Dial911? You guys were supposed to go to Sendless yesterday? or was it supposed to be on Wednesday?

I guess I need to start paying attention to the days of the week again. Such a bummer.

snoopy138

Sep 24, 2014, 7:36 PM
Post #103390 of 105309 (7032 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:

snoopy138

Sep 24, 2014, 7:46 PM
Post #103391 of 105309 (7026 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

school = busy

work is busy.

went to teh needullz over the weekend.

first day got on innersanctum as a warmup in teh shade. mangler would not commit to slightly runout moves, so he built a belay under the roof and I came up and did them, continued on for a good chunk of P2. He led to the top, slowly. Racked up to do P1 of Atlantis, but thunderstorm rolled in. Looked like it was getting sunny after we took the harnesses off, but instead we got hailed and rained on pretty good on the way out.

next day went down to do pit and teh pendulum. I was taking the pitpendulum pitch, so mangler got the classic P3. he ran out of gear and had to build a hanging belay partway through the pitch on account of a lack of desire to pull any moves above gearz. so that went slow. got to the bolt anchor for the pendulum, lowered out, and did the 10+ face traverse instead of penduluming. from there it's 25 ft. of relatively easy 5.4-5.7ish climbing up to some gear. rest of the pitch was interesting, somewhat exciting when I had to move from the face back into a chimney while a ways above my gearz. got down and it was too late to do anything else and have a hope of getting home by midnight, so we headed out.

Partner camhead

Sep 24, 2014, 7:52 PM
Post #103392 of 105309 (7022 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:

How did Banz do in Dial911? You guys were supposed to go to Sendless yesterday? or was it supposed to be on Wednesday?

I guess I need to start paying attention to the days of the week again. Such a bummer.

We climbed yesterday. Banz did not send dial yet; endless is harder than the RRG!

Funny story: I was swamped with work Saturday morning and running around. Meanwhile, Dan snagged Karen to go climbing after only meeting her twenty minutes earlier. He dragged her out to endless, put up one shitty 5.7 for her before embarking on three 1 hr apiece seshes on Dial. By the time I finished work and caught up to them she was a bit annoyed at me, and I had to take her and her friends on a moderate tour all the next day to make up for it. Fuckin Brayack, hehe.

(This post was edited by camhead on Sep 24, 2014, 10:12 PM)

lena_chita

Sep 24, 2014, 7:57 PM
Post #103393 of 105309 (7017 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:

We climbed yesterday. Banz did my send dial yet; endless is harder than the RRG!

Your typo is funny. I don't think he expected to send it this week. Am I allowed to ask how your prodj is going? Tongue

camhead wrote:
Funny story: I was swamped with work Saturday morning and running around. Meanwhile, Dan snagged Karen to go climbing after only meeting her twenty minutes earlier. He dragged her out to endless, put up one shitty 5.7 for her before embarking on three 1 hr apiece seshes on Dial. By the time I finished work and caught up to them she was a bit annoyed at me, and I had to take her and her friends on a moderate tour all the next day to make up for it. Fuckin Brayack, hehe.

hehe. Your gf, your problems.

Partner camhead

Sep 24, 2014, 8:13 PM
Post #103394 of 105309 (7009 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:

We climbed yesterday. Banz did my send dial yet; endless is harder than the RRG!

Your typo is funny. I don't think he expected to send it this week. Am I allowed to ask how your prodj is going? Tongue

camhead wrote:

hehe. Your gf, your problems.

No shit. I just had forgotten to tell her that behind Banz's nice exterior is a completely self-interested climber.

Partner camhead

Sep 24, 2014, 10:14 PM
Post #103395 of 105309 (6999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh, and one proj, the one I just put up a vid of, is very close.

caughtinside

Sep 25, 2014, 4:18 AM
Post #103396 of 105309 (6970 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Needlez! Good shit. I did inner sanctum and liked it. I remember those sporty moves. Heads up for 5.9.

Is p&p with doing? I've never ventured down that far.

Banz hoodwinked and then dogged for 3 hours on your gf? Hah!

Going climbing this weekend at Tom Addison's formerly sorta secret spot. Should be good. Surf is up right now so I hit that after work and will probably get a morning sesh early tomorrow.

granite_grrl

Sep 25, 2014, 11:38 AM
Post #103397 of 105309 (6936 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Revolted by crickets, or other bugs?

I find myself reacting much stronger to snakes than I used to. Even the ones that I know 100% sure are not poisonous, even the videos of the snakes, let alone live snakes. Brrr...

There were a whole variety of insects when I did my good search, but none of them particularly bad. I just looked around for a while, and started finding them grosser and grosser.

I've never been a huge fan of bugs, but over time I've disliked them more and more. Spiders and the absolute worse.

Snakes don't bother me in the least.

granite_grrl

Sep 25, 2014, 11:55 AM
Post #103398 of 105309 (6934 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Went to my friend's place for drytool training last night. I feel pretty wrecked today.

Realized my endurance isn't as good as I thought it was for climbing the steeps on tools. I'm going to start running laps on the underside of the stairs at my building. Have no idea why I never thought of that before.

Only issue is that the people living above me have a puppy and they tie it up under the stairs. Currently, it has been shitting at the base of my steps going into my back door (colour me unimpressed) and they haven't been cleaning it up. On the bright side I don't think it's been shitting under the steps.

Regardless, I think they're going to have to move where they tie up the puppy right now.

tripperjm

Sep 25, 2014, 2:38 PM
Post #103399 of 105309 (6910 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

school = busy

work is busy.

went to teh needullz over the weekend.

first day got on innersanctum as a warmup in teh shade. mangler would not commit to slightly runout moves, so he built a belay under the roof and I came up and did them, continued on for a good chunk of P2. He led to the top, slowly. Racked up to do P1 of Atlantis, but thunderstorm rolled in. Looked like it was getting sunny after we took the harnesses off, but instead we got hailed and rained on pretty good on the way out.

next day went down to do pit and teh pendulum. I was taking the pitpendulum pitch, so mangler got the classic P3. he ran out of gear and had to build a hanging belay partway through the pitch on account of a lack of desire to pull any moves above gearz. so that went slow. got to the bolt anchor for the pendulum, lowered out, and did the 10+ face traverse instead of penduluming. from there it's 25 ft. of relatively easy 5.4-5.7ish climbing up to some gear. rest of the pitch was interesting, somewhat exciting when I had to move from the face back into a chimney while a ways above my gearz. got down and it was too late to do anything else and have a hope of getting home by midnight, so we headed out.

hehe. Your girlfriend, your problems.

granite_grrl

Sep 25, 2014, 3:00 PM
Post #103400 of 105309 (6903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/...ed&v=wu8wS5no0_U

First page Previous page 1 ... 4132 4133 4134 4135 4136 4137 4138 4139 4140 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook