RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Euro Freaks

Premier Sponsor:

bofh

Jul 20, 2015, 9:27 AM
Post #1 of 3 (3357 views)
Shortcut

Traveling in Spain this winter.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm going to travel alone in Spain this winter.

I've not traveled for climbing much at all and never without a climbing partner so I'm a bit nervous about it. Smile

I've been to El Chorro before and know some nice paragliding spots around there and want to climb a lot more on the nice walls (my partner was injured when passing by the first time and the second time I was sick so I've only climbed a few, easy routes). That's a place I've decided to go to again.

Any more places I should visit that have good weather in November to April?

I don't want to spend too much on driving around, so I guess I'm mostly interested in places in Spain, but if there's some really good reason to go to the neighboring countries, I'm open for it as well.

How easy is it to get climbing partners in Spain? Should I post in the forum about finding climbing partners or is there some local forums/applications that are better? Are there climbers without partners that hang around the hostels? Do traveling groups accept more climbers?

symon04

Nov 27, 2015, 12:04 PM
Post #2 of 3 (3031 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bofh] Traveling in Spain this winter. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey, ill be in spain over winter... i go ever year to avoid the cold winter. nov to about feb your going to want to stay in the south l chorro or costa blanca.. after that its good to go north. also yeh just stay in spain, france is better for feb onwards.

usually going to the local campsite or hostel will lend to finding a partner. most climbers tend to be nice. have a good trip might see you out there

bofh

Nov 28, 2015, 4:00 PM
Post #3 of 3 (3019 views)
Shortcut

Re: [symon04] Traveling in Spain this winter. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've been in Siurana for two weeks (lovely place) and arrived in El Chorro today.
I'm sleeping in my camping car, but will look for some climbing buddies in the refugios. Let me know if you come around.

Forums : International : Euro Freaks

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook