Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 4202 4203 4204 4205 4206 4207 4208 4209 4210 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

granite_grrl

Aug 21, 2015, 2:44 AM
Post #105126 of 105309 (8006 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
So I'm trying to decide if I want to go to the big folk music festival happening in town here this weekend. Ticket price for two and a half days (Friday to Sunday) go at $115, which is a good value if this was something that you were really into, but a little steep if you're not sure if you want to go. Could but a one day ticket for $70, but it's not that much more for the whole weekend.

Lot of people going to be there, but I only know a few of the names and of those I'd only be interested in Joel Plasket and Whitehorse (though I think it's likely that you guys have never heard of either).

But, if I don't go I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself all weekend. Every other year I've had something else going on.

That doesn't seem all that pricey for a 2-day fest. I like going to those smaller festivals, because you can often find some kickass new acts that you like, and if the act that is playing sucks, do something else for a half-hour.

No, I don't think it's expensive considering it's a 2-day+ (Friday night is in there too) fest. It's just expensive enough though that I don't know if I should go just for the sake of going, ya know?

Oh totally. There are a few festivals around bozeangeles that I haven't made it to, largely due to scheduling, but also due to only mild interest in the genre.

I dabbled in folk music festivals.

I have not dabbled.

But there is a punk festival out in the desert in October that I'm going to. Bad Religion, Pennywise, Descendents, NOFX, Agent Orange, TSOL, Bouncing Souls, Strung Out, Anti-Flag, Sham 69, Swingin' Utters, H20, some 90's ska bands I could really do without, and some others.

Hopefully I'll be able to hit up New Jack the next day, it's not too far away from there.

That sounds good, but also like a concert full of aging punksters.

granite_grrl

Aug 21, 2015, 2:47 AM
Post #105127 of 105309 (8004 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
So I'm trying to decide if I want to go to the big folk music festival happening in town here this weekend. Ticket price for two and a half days (Friday to Sunday) go at $115, which is a good value if this was something that you were really into, but a little steep if you're not sure if you want to go. Could but a one day ticket for $70, but it's not that much more for the whole weekend.

Lot of people going to be there, but I only know a few of the names and of those I'd only be interested in Joel Plasket and Whitehorse (though I think it's likely that you guys have never heard of either).

But, if I don't go I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself all weekend. Every other year I've had something else going on.

That doesn't seem all that pricey for a 2-day fest. I like going to those smaller festivals, because you can often find some kickass new acts that you like, and if the act that is playing sucks, do something else for a half-hour.

No, I don't think it's expensive considering it's a 2-day+ (Friday night is in there too) fest. It's just expensive enough though that I don't know if I should go just for the sake of going, ya know?

Oh totally. There are a few festivals around bozeangeles that I haven't made it to, largely due to scheduling, but also due to only mild interest in the genre.

not in 'Nam, of course.

I appear to have dabbled in cheesetittery.

It also appears you dabble in hangers.

caughtinside

Aug 21, 2015, 4:16 AM
Post #105128 of 105309 (7998 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I have not dabbled.

But there is a punk festival out in the desert in October that I'm going to. Bad Religion, Pennywise, Descendents, NOFX, Agent Orange, TSOL, Bouncing Souls, Strung Out, Anti-Flag, Sham 69, Swingin' Utters, H20, some 90's ska bands I could really do without, and some others.

Hopefully I'll be able to hit up New Jack the next day, it's not too far away from there.

We aren't getting any younger. When is the fest? Maybe I can swing a short trip. There is a nice textile dying workshop in Josh that the loyerette would like to attend some time in October.

Partner camhead

Aug 21, 2015, 10:29 AM
Post #105129 of 105309 (7988 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I have not dabbled.

That sounds awesome.

lena_chita

Aug 21, 2015, 6:20 PM
Post #105130 of 105309 (7952 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I have not dabbled.

We aren't getting any younger. When is the fest? Maybe I can swing a short trip. There is a nice textile dying workshop in Josh that the loyerette would like to attend some time in October.

Textile dying workshop and Josh... don't go together!
Sounds kinda interesting, actually. I didn't know that teh loyerette was into this stuff

snoopy138

Aug 21, 2015, 7:37 PM
Post #105131 of 105309 (7941 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I have not dabbled.

yeah, it definitely will be.

snoopy138

Aug 21, 2015, 7:38 PM
Post #105132 of 105309 (7938 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I have not dabbled.

October 10. http://www.itsnotdeadfestival.com/

snoopy138

Aug 21, 2015, 7:39 PM
Post #105133 of 105309 (7935 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

not in 'Nam, of course.

I appear to have dabbled in cheesetittery.

It also appears you dabble in hangers.

that was not a good page for me.

granite_grrl

Aug 24, 2015, 11:53 AM
Post #105134 of 105309 (7849 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Folk fest was good. Best thing about it was seeing a bunch of random people from town that I may not have seen otherwise before I left town.

Music was pretty good too, but I like that fiddle and accordion stuff.

Partner macherry

Aug 25, 2015, 3:43 PM
Post #105135 of 105309 (7801 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
Folk fest was good. Best thing about it was seeing a bunch of random people from town that I may not have seen otherwise before I left town.

Music was pretty good too, but I like that fiddle and accordion stuff.[/quote]

of course you do, aren't you from eastern canada?

snoopy138

Aug 26, 2015, 7:41 PM
Post #105136 of 105309 (7755 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well-timed weight loss!

So I leave for France on Friday night, and I've been pushing myself away from the dinner table over the last six weeks, and was down about 6 pounds.

Monday night, I was fortuitously struck by a pretty severe 24-hour stomach bug that had me shitting all night and barely eating yesterday. Today I was down 2.5 more pounds! No real guarantee those 2 lbs will actually stay off, since it's basically dehydration, but it can't hurt. Unfortunately, no vomiting, so none of that beneficial core workout.

granite_grrl

Aug 26, 2015, 8:30 PM
Post #105137 of 105309 (7748 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sweet!

I never got as low as I would like to this summer, and the last two-three weeks have been weird and emotional for me leaving town and my job and all. Anyway, point of the story is that I may have even gained a bit of weight in the last few weeks.

Plenty of time for good weight loss in the next month though! Not sitting at a desk will help with desk doldrum eating and I plan in putting a pile more Km's on my bike through September.

snoopy138

Aug 26, 2015, 8:51 PM
Post #105138 of 105309 (7747 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
Sweet!

I never got as low as I would like to this summer, and the last two-three weeks have been weird and emotional for me leaving town and my job and all. Anyway, point of the story is that I may have even gained a bit of weight in the last few weeks.

Plenty of time for good weight loss in the next month though! Not sitting at a desk will help with desk doldrum eating and I plan in putting a pile more Km's on my bike through September.

I actually purposefully skipped putting any KmsMIs on my bike the last two weekends, I wanted to make sure my thighs didn't get big.

I also only have a weke of climbing, so I kind of have to optimize for that. If you're on the CI-plan of taking 1+++++++ years off, no need to worry too much about dropping all the weight right at the start.

granite_grrl

Aug 26, 2015, 9:29 PM
Post #105139 of 105309 (7738 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't put on muscle easily so my thighs don't bulk up when I cycle, but it's a commen complaint from most people.

I may be going off to climb for a year, but I'd still like to hit the ground running. It's also almost time to switch over to drytooling so I'll only have a few weeks in October for rock before I pretty much pick up the tools exclusively. Bozeman IWC will sneak up on us here pretty quick.

Also, if anyone want to go climbing for a week or something in September I don't feel bad at all if I take the Fittus and leave Nathan behind building the van.

lena_chita

Aug 27, 2015, 3:15 PM
Post #105140 of 105309 (7674 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Sweet!

I actually purposefully skipped putting any KmsMIs on my bike the last two weekends, I wanted to make sure my thighs didn't get big.

I also only have a weke of climbing, so I kind of have to optimize for that. If you're on the CI-plan of taking 1+++++++ years off, no need to worry too much about dropping all the weight right at the start.

Two weak-ends make a difference is thigh bulking? Wow!

I mean, I have heard a lot of people say that they don't bike or run as means of weight loss, bc they end up feeling ravenous and over-eating, as well as gaining muscle. But surely couple weekend rides are not enough?

Banz does pretty well with running+weight loss, but he is ruthless in sticking to his starvation plan, when he decides to do it.

caughtinside

Aug 27, 2015, 3:57 PM
Post #105141 of 105309 (7672 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Sweet!

Hey! It was only 1+++!Mad

Stupid economiez. Better now though. Wish I was going to sayoose. I won't be down in October either, the artisan silk scarf block printing workshop the loyerette wanted to do filled up. Heh.

granite_grrl

Aug 27, 2015, 4:13 PM
Post #105142 of 105309 (7670 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Sweet!

I mean, I have heard a lot of people say that they don't bike or run as means of weight loss, bc they end up feeling ravenous and over-eating, as well as gaining muscle. But surely couple weekend rides are not enough?

Banz does pretty well with running+weight loss, but he is ruthless in sticking to his starvation plan, when he decides to do it.

Running does not work for weight loss for me at all because it makes me too hungry. Cycling gets me out of the house for usually a couple of hours at a time and does not give me the same hunger pangs as running.

Partner epoch

Aug 27, 2015, 5:30 PM
Post #105143 of 105309 (7664 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Sweet!

Running does not work for weight loss for me at all because it makes me too hungry. Cycling gets me out of the house for usually a couple of hours at a time and does not give me the same hunger pangs as running.
<----- fatty mc fatterson over hear has lost 20 lbs cycling. I get hungry, but in different ways. It also helps that I eat while riding, but being active daily has helped tremendously. Realigning my diet has helped as well, too. I gained a fair amount of muscle in my legs, but I have leaned out a fair amount too. Just commuting has helped. Eating a little bit ( a 100 cal snack like fruit or yogurt) right after riding helps with the hanger as well as I'm still burning fuels about an hour or so after a good ride.

snoopy138

Aug 27, 2015, 7:53 PM
Post #105144 of 105309 (7659 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Sweet!

I haven't done any rigorous testing. But I had gone out riding the past few weekends, and figured I ought to take these last two off. But the rides tend to involve a fair amount of climbing, which I suspect is probibly a driver of larger thighs. It's all very unscientific, however.

Partner camhead

Aug 28, 2015, 3:37 PM
Post #105145 of 105309 (7609 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Sweet!

I haven't done any rigorous testing. But I had gone out riding the past few weekends, and figured I ought to take these last two off. But the rides tend to involve a fair amount of climbing, which I suspect is probibly a driver of larger thighs. It's all very unscientific, however.

On long bike rides, your body just gets into high firing mode so much that I think it would be nearly impossible to control the amount you're eating. However, I've definitely found that just doing my quick ride in and out of the gorge– lose and gain 1000 feet in about 9 miles– is just enough to burn 600-700 calories, but not to tempt you to inhale excess calories.

Partner camhead

Aug 28, 2015, 3:42 PM
Post #105146 of 105309 (7609 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Also, not sure if I told y'all, but somehow one of the chronically understaffed schools here roped me into a fulltime teaching gig here. English! It's fun, I think I'm making a difference with under-advantaged kids and awl that ghey stuff, but this is going to REALLY cut into my klimbtime. I'm really using the extra $$$, though, since Taco needs new leaf springs.

Is this how it all ends?

Partner epoch

Aug 28, 2015, 4:46 PM
Post #105147 of 105309 (7604 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
Sweet!

When you climb are you spinning or grinding up the hills? It affects which type of muscle you build. You should be in a high-cadence spin to drop weight and build lean muscle. You can achieve this on hills without bulking up. A weekend's worth of riding won't build you up.

I strength trained specifically to ride on the velodrome down here and didn't bulk up. My legs, proportionally, are smaller than when I was training for skiing. If you're cycling for sprints and training as such, then you'll end up bulking. I ride for endurance with some sprints thrown in here and there. If you're eating right and training effectively, you'll lean up and build some impressive strength.

Partner epoch

Aug 28, 2015, 4:47 PM
Post #105148 of 105309 (7603 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Also, not sure if I told y'all, but somehow one of the chronically understaffed schools here roped me into a fulltime teaching gig here. English! It's fun, I think I'm making a difference with under-advantaged kids and awl that ghey stuff, but this is going to REALLY cut into my klimbtime. I'm really using the extra $$$, though, since Taco needs new leaf springs.

Is this how it all ends?
I hear it ends with you quitting your jorb and moving to Kentucky to live in a shack down by the river...

climbs4fun

Aug 28, 2015, 5:13 PM
Post #105149 of 105309 (7602 views)
Shortcut

Re: [meatbomz] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
are you really moving to California?

I will pay $100 to whichever of you two sh00tz the other in the fase first.

A guy I climbed with a couple weeks ago got mugged in his driveway yesterday. Gun to the face, give us your shit kind of thing. Somewhat common.

Much more impressive than an emaciated Guatemalan with a dull, rusty machete.

I was thinking the same thing. Glad I kept it to myself, I would have been GUd

Partner camhead

Aug 28, 2015, 5:48 PM
Post #105150 of 105309 (7595 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
camhead wrote:

Is this how it all ends?
I hear it ends with you quitting your jorb and moving to Kentucky to live in a shack down by the river...

Yurp. My life tends to be cyclical, not linear.

First page Previous page 1 ... 4202 4203 4204 4205 4206 4207 4208 4209 4210 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook