Forums: Climbing Information: General:
This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Toast_in_the_Machine

Dec 3, 2015, 1:58 AM
Post #101 of 238 (23232 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Don't be bitter.

Ok, be bitter.

Rokjox

Dec 3, 2015, 4:06 PM
Post #102 of 238 (23193 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

And I'm just being snarky because of the past history w/ the little Miss.

I used to support herr when she got a lot of shee for some time she failed to impress someone (on ST). Somehow that changed and I don't offer her the kind of kudos I once did. Now she seems to be expexting other people to behave according to some rules she has set up without getting a contract signed by the rest of the world. It's called Magical Thinking by some.

I know she hates me, I read the emails and saved them for future enjoyment. I should tell her now how much of an influence she has been on me.

After considering her opinion, I took all my clothes off, washed my Chakra with sage smoke, took an enema and spent months in meditation and therapy.

I now recognize that my essential self occasionally manifests itself as a difficult person (step one, admit the problem), but I am now OK with that, its only a small, manageable handicap and many have it, such as God.

(God is DIFFICULT!, trust me, we talk all the time)

I have aligned myself now with the essential white light of the universe and I feel GOOD about myself as a result.

HALLALUHA-HA-HA!!

Bye, happi. You ROCK girl~!

...byyee...
(Blush)

(This post was edited by Rokjox on Dec 3, 2015, 4:24 PM)

Partner happiegrrrl

Dec 3, 2015, 6:15 PM
Post #103 of 238 (23184 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Rokjox] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
"I know she hates me, I read the emails and saved them for future enjoyment."

There is something wrong with you Rokjox. I have emails which we exchanged too, you know. There wre two series. The first was innocuous and came from you, after a thread on Supetopo where you requested information about dog sitters in Queens, I guess for your kid's dog. I mentioned, on ST, that I had a very good one and would provide contact if you wanted. You sent me a message via ST thanking me. (5/20/08)

I responded to that email with the phone number of the sitter, my personal reference, and to mention that I had referred them if they contacted the service.

The next one came, again from you, and unsolicited, on 1/31/10. It started out
In reply to:
"Happi;

thanks for the post, It would mean a lot to Rokjox that you cared enough to say that.

But Rokjox died last night."

Not sure what that was about...Perhaps it was when your profile got deactivated on ST

The next one, again unsolicited, came on 2/2/10 where you detailed your conversations with CMac about the way some people were being towards women on the site. Apparently it was a stupid drama of some sort, and you were intending to defend the women. You sent the same email to LEB and Crimpergirl, and so now my email address was known to LEB.

I must have said - on ST - that I didn't like having my email address made available, because the next email from you came the next day, 2/3/10 where you said I could have just emailed you about my distress instead of making it public.

I did respond to that email, and if you'd like, I can post a screenshot of it here.

The next day you emailed me and apologized for for it, saying you hadn't realized it was an issue. I responded, accepted your apology and reiterated that I did not like to have behind-the-scenes conversations pertaining to forum discussion drama, and that I would not be corresponding further on the subject.

That was the last email communication you and I had.

So.... I have no clue what emails you think show that I have a hatred for you, but let's get this straight right now.

I'm considering the last two posts you have made that reference me to be harassment. Please stop. If you cannot, or will not, do so, I will send a message to Jeff, asking for his assistance in disallowing you to continue.

theguy

Dec 3, 2015, 10:48 PM
Post #104 of 238 (23161 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:
disallowing you to continue.

Did I miss something...is 'ban' a prohibited word? Can't imagine what else led to this convoluted phrase.

Partner happiegrrrl

Dec 3, 2015, 11:01 PM
Post #105 of 238 (23156 views)
Shortcut

Re: [theguy] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I didn't suggest that being banned from the site might be an outcome. I have no idea what Jeff would do if I complained. That's not my within my control.

Rokjox

Dec 3, 2015, 11:33 PM
Post #106 of 238 (23150 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

THAT is what you call "Passive Aggressive".

Oh, little anonymous avatar, who could harass a figment of your imagination? Legally unlikely. You are the one showing your undies. I had thought YOU were soliciting the dog walking job. Didn't you do street walking professionally in Queens?

As to Jeff, eh, maybe he will do less than you hope.

Do whatever you want, baby. You will anyway. I bet that email is already been sent, hot electrons blazing their way across the limitless expanse of your rage. I can recommend you some website that give good advice on such things. There is a process and a form to follow.

I spent some time recently learning about such things.

Partner happiegrrrl

Dec 4, 2015, 12:11 AM
Post #107 of 238 (23143 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Rokjox] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There is nothing passive about my aggressiveness. It was a direct request and you have chosen to ignore it. I have flagged the three posts.

Now, leave me alone.

ubu

Dec 4, 2015, 1:47 AM
Post #108 of 238 (23137 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm starting to remember why I liked this place

sungam

Dec 4, 2015, 1:57 AM
Post #109 of 238 (23136 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ubu] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ubu wrote:
There's a reason the reality tv gets more funding then documentaries.

sungam

Dec 4, 2015, 1:58 AM
Post #110 of 238 (23134 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
ubu wrote:
I MISS THE OLD HISTORY CHANNEL ((((((

Edit to add: this is me staying wayyy tf out of whatever is going on up there ^

(This post was edited by sungam on Dec 4, 2015, 1:58 AM)

ubu

Dec 4, 2015, 2:51 AM
Post #111 of 238 (23121 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:
There is nothing passive about my aggressiveness. It was a direct request and you have chosen to ignore it. I have flagged the three posts.

Now, leave me alone.

I dunno, if you and Rox keep at it you might be able to singlehandedly (well, doublehandedly) revive this site.

ubu

Dec 4, 2015, 2:58 AM
Post #112 of 238 (23117 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
sungam wrote:
ubu wrote:

"Without conflict, there is no progress"

I always thought the best way for rc.com to get back on its feet would be to show soap box posts on the front page. Why hide the best part of the site?

Toast_in_the_Machine

Dec 4, 2015, 3:13 PM
Post #113 of 238 (23078 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ubu wrote:
sungam wrote:
sungam wrote:
ubu wrote:

I always thought the best way for rc.com to get back on its feet would be to show soap box posts on the front page. Why hide the best part of the site?

Rc.com, come because it has "rock climbing" in the url, stay for the opinionated jerks.

ubu

Dec 4, 2015, 3:18 PM
Post #114 of 238 (23076 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Toast_in_the_Machine wrote:
ubu wrote:
sungam wrote:
sungam wrote:
ubu wrote:

Rc.com, come because it has "rock climbing" in the url, stay for the opinionated jerks.

Yes, but at least they are opinionated rock-climbing jerks.

mojomonkey

Dec 4, 2015, 6:31 PM
Post #115 of 238 (23050 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:
Myself - I could take it. I am a Taurus after all - bull-headed, stubborn, and a person who will stick to their convictions against any adversary. But there were plenty of people who were abused that simply stopped posting, or left, rather than fight a few bullies and their cheerleading squad.

Yes, it was clear you pictured yourself as the champion of some downtrodden posters but I usually found your crusading more tiresome than what you were "battling". It often felt that you saw more adversaries than there really were. You clearly have your ideal of how a forum should be, but need to accept that not everyone will feel the same.

I was hopeful (very mildly anyway - and excited also seemed way to strong an emotion) to see new posts here. That was quickly replaced with the let down of "oh, just happiegrrrl complaining about a years-passed grudge with the BET posters".

iknowfear

Dec 4, 2015, 8:48 PM
Post #116 of 238 (23030 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ubu wrote:
ubu wrote:
sungam wrote:
sungam wrote:
ubu wrote:

less content more quote boxes

iknowfear

Dec 4, 2015, 8:50 PM
Post #117 of 238 (23027 views)
Shortcut

Re: [iknowfear] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

iknowfear wrote:
ubu wrote:
ubu wrote:
sungam wrote:
sungam wrote:
ubu wrote:

less content more quote boxes [/quote

Blast from the past, including cheesetit (or is that a non pc word which gets the banz?

Toast_in_the_Machine

Dec 4, 2015, 9:08 PM
Post #118 of 238 (23022 views)
Shortcut

Re: [iknowfear] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

iknowfear wrote:
iknowfear wrote:
ubu wrote:
ubu wrote:
sungam wrote:
sungam wrote:
ubu wrote:

Blast from the past, including cheesetit (or is that a non pc word which gets the banz?

Ixnay on the anbay alktay. Or off to the soap box we will be sent.

iknowfear

Dec 4, 2015, 9:33 PM
Post #119 of 238 (23020 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

iknowfear wrote:
iknowfear wrote:
ubu wrote:
ubu wrote:
sungam wrote:
sungam wrote:
ubu wrote:

Ixnay on the anbay alktay. Or off to the soap box we will be sent.

that would require a mod action... something we havent seen in a while.

Gmburns2000

Dec 5, 2015, 5:33 PM
Post #120 of 238 (22960 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jeff bought the site at X price knowing Y stats and Z revenue. He probably realized that the site couldn't continue Y and Z with the vitriol on the site, so he made a decision to let the site die until he could make a decision between A and B.

A: after all the vitriol dies, try to revive an already functioning site by encouraging a new generation of content (users not necessarily the key driver), maybe make improvements, and get Y and Z back up so the site could be a long-term money maker.

B: If A isn't at least reasonable, find the balance between X and Z, and sell at a point where the sale price + Z (over time) > X.

A requires more work over time, but could generate much more cash in a growing sport. B requires timing and patience and not a lot of work, but could still turn a good profit. Both are perfectly reasonable. No one should assume that any of the owners ever cared about the people who generated content the site. It's always about the math first, and then after that the method to make whichever math work.

Jeff last logged in less than a week ago, which is a lot more recent than I expected to find after an absence of something like six months. His last post, however, was more than a year ago. The waiting continues.

iknowfear

Dec 5, 2015, 6:51 PM
Post #121 of 238 (22953 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

much of this dialogue is soooo painfully adequate for this site!

Gmburns2000 wrote:
The waiting continues.

ESTRAGON:
(giving up again). Nothing to be done.
VLADIMIR:
(advancing with short, stiff strides, legs wide apart). I'm beginning to come round to that opinion. All my life I've tried to put it from me, saying Vladimir, be reasonable, you haven't yet tried everything. And I resumed the struggle. (He broods, musing on the struggle. Turning to Estragon.) So there you are again.
ESTRAGON:
Am I?
VLADIMIR:
I'm glad to see you back. I thought you were gone forever.
ESTRAGON:
Me too.
VLADIMIR:
Together again at last! We'll have to celebrate this. But how? (He reflects.) Get up till I embrace you.
ESTRAGON:
(irritably). Not now, not now.
VLADIMIR:
(hurt, coldly). May one inquire where His Highness spent the night?
ESTRAGON:
In a ditch.

ps: one could probably do a search & replace for godot//owner// someone who cares

onceahardman

Dec 5, 2015, 7:19 PM
Post #122 of 238 (22949 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:

Now, leave me alone.

I have not seen anything that rises to anything near the level of harassment. Your two posts about trailer trash and corelle were distasteful, though.

Look in the mirror, happie.

I have stayed in a trailer, and I grew up using corelle. Now I'm a successful professional. Your posts were hurtful.

Partner macherry

Dec 6, 2015, 12:52 AM
Post #123 of 238 (22925 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] This place is dead part 2 (exclamation mark not needed) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Jeff bought the site at X price knowing Y stats and Z revenue. He probably realized that the site couldn't continue Y and Z with the vitriol on the site, so he made a decision to let the site die until he could make a decision between A and B.

A: after all the vitriol dies, try to revive an already functioning site by encouraging a new generation of content (users not necessarily the key driver), maybe make improvements, and get Y and Z back up so the site could be a long-term money maker.

B: If A isn't at least reasonable, find the balance between X and Z, and sell at a point where the sale price + Z (over time) > X.

A requires more work over time, but could generate much more cash in a growing sport. B requires timing and patience and not a lot of work, but could still turn a good profit. Both are perfectly reasonable. No one should assume that any of the owners ever cared about the people who generated content the site. It's always about the math first, and then after that the method to make whichever math work.

Jeff last logged in less than a week ago, which is a lot more recent than I expected to find after an absence of something like six months. His last post, however, was more than a year ago. The waiting continues.

word on the street says jeff is no longer the owner

jt512

Dec 6, 2015, 1:44 AM
Post #124 of 238 (22917 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ubu wrote:

Yeah, me too. Anybody want to start a betting pool to see who can come closest to guessing the exact date and time that Jeff (assuming he's still the owner) will lock the thread?

jt512

Dec 6, 2015, 1:46 AM
Post #125 of 238 (23467 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

ubu wrote:
happiegrrrl wrote:

Now, leave me alone.

I dunno, if you and Rox keep at it you might be able to singlehandedly (well, doublehandedly) revive this site.

Not if Jeff can do anything about it.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook