Forums: Climbing Information: Events & Gatherings:
Attention SoCal: Throw Keys in Ocean! Leave Cares Behind! Rent Skateboard & Come to BRAVE NEW WILD Screening!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Events & Gatherings

Premier Sponsor:

SharpEndFemme

Mar 27, 2016, 3:24 AM
Post #1 of 5 (9935 views)
Shortcut

Attention SoCal: Throw Keys in Ocean! Leave Cares Behind! Rent Skateboard & Come to BRAVE NEW WILD Screening!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

There are two upcoming screenings of my feature BRAVE NEW WILD in Southern California. I’ve been working on this film since 2008 — it would be amazing to have some climbers come out and celebrate with me for this SoCal kickoff launch!
I’ll be there to blab, we’ll have a raffle, special guests, and MAY be having live music afterwards over a beer.

OC screening April 7th at Director’s Cut Regency Rancho Niguel Tix $9
https://tugg.com/events/86419
SD screening April 19th at the Ken Cinema Tix $13
https://tugg.com/events/93392

If anyone interested feels so inclined to help me spread the word, that would be whiz-bang wonderful. Our LA screening this week sold out — so for the Tugg threshold and for yourself, get yer tickets ahead of time if you can!

Here’s the official trailer: https://vimeo.com/156127253

BRAVE NEW WILD is an offbeat chronicle of America’s Golden Age of rock climbing before and after the controversial ascent of the Dawn Wall in 1970. Some forty years later, a daughter stumbles upon her father's old hi8 tapes, and sets out to answer the question of why climb when there's nothing to gain -- and everything to lose.

6pacfershur

Apr 1, 2016, 1:56 AM
Post #2 of 5 (9666 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SharpEndFemme] Attention SoCal: Throw Keys in Ocean! Leave Cares Behind! Rent Skateboard & Come to BRAVE NEW WILD Screening! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

SharpEndFemme wrote:
.......sets out to answer the question of why climb when there's nothing to gain -- and everything to lose.

if thats the question, you might be doing it wrong

SharpEndFemme

Apr 1, 2016, 2:26 AM
Post #3 of 5 (9657 views)
Shortcut

Re: [6pacfershur] Attention SoCal: Throw Keys in Ocean! Leave Cares Behind! Rent Skateboard & Come to BRAVE NEW WILD Screening! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

All I can say to that is, you might get some thought provoking answers to the question from Tom Frost/Royal Robbins/Warren Harding/John Gill/Dick Williams/Elaine Matthews/Joe Kelsey, and more legendary climbers in this film with 50+ years of putting up the most unimaginable routes in climbing history…Wink

6pacfershur

Apr 1, 2016, 2:43 PM
Post #4 of 5 (9626 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SharpEndFemme] Attention SoCal: Throw Keys in Ocean! Leave Cares Behind! Rent Skateboard & Come to BRAVE NEW WILD Screening! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

SharpEndFemme wrote:
....... why climb when there's nothing to gain -- and everything to lose.

dont get me wrong, your movie looks awesome.....did robbins say that, did harding, or did you?

SharpEndFemme

Apr 4, 2016, 7:26 PM
Post #5 of 5 (9485 views)
Shortcut

Re: [6pacfershur] Attention SoCal: Throw Keys in Ocean! Leave Cares Behind! Rent Skateboard & Come to BRAVE NEW WILD Screening! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Thanks, man. Well that question is kind of what people who don't climb ask, you know? Like, "why do you climb when there's no reward (no golden chalice on top) and everything to lose (your life 'cuz it's risky)?" It's a perfectly normal thing for outsiders to wonder, but just hard to explain to outsiders! So all the people in the film answer in their own ways -- not literally, that would be too tedious -- but with their characters. And Warren and Royal...well they certainly have different philosophies!

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook