Feb 10, 2003, 9:48 PM
Post #1 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

French to Send Surrender Advisors to Iraq
Report this Post
Can't Post

02/04/2003 -
William Grim; Paris -

In a stunning reversal of policy, French President Jacques Chirac announced today that the French government will be supporting the War on Terror after all. Five hundred soldiers from the elite L'Abandonnement du Field d'Honneur Battalion (French Surrender Battalion) of the Legion Etrangere (Foreign Legion) are in the process of shipping out to Iraq where they will assist the elite Iraqi Republican Guards in their inevitable surrender to the overwhelming might of the American Armed Forces.

"Eet ees important to be haughty and insufferable when surrendering," said General Philippe de Peepee, the Commanding Officer of the Surrender Battalion, who has personally surrendered in over 200 battles going back to Dien Bien Phu in 1954. "We French are ze world masters at surrendering, n'est ce pas, not like you arrogant Americans who never surrender. Ha, I spit on your filthy American victories."

President Chirac also announced that his government will be sending 3000 advisors from the elite Force du Collaborateur Francaise (French Collaboration Force) to assist the Iraqis in collaborating with the Americans while pretending to be part of a non-existent resistance movement.

curt

Feb 10, 2003, 11:15 PM
Post #2 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

French to Send Surrender Advisors to Iraq [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Perhaps the French military could go to Iraq and advise the republican Guard on how to defend Baghdad.

This would also lead to surrender--as in the original post above. It just might happen faster.

Curt

thrasher

Feb 11, 2003, 4:12 AM
Post #3 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeh, it cracks me up when the French act like we should care what they think about us going to war. The Germans too! We kicked the Germans asses and saved the Frenchies asses. BTW, the French are nervous because they are the idiots that gave Iraq their nuclear capabilities. The United States of America rules and if the UN and other countries don't like what we are doing they can try to stop us. If they don't go along with the program, we can just stop funding the UN and stop our foreign aid to Europe-then they will just wither away.

cerberus

Feb 11, 2003, 4:16 AM
Post #4 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

HAHAHAHAHAH Thrasher, you obviously know jack$#!& about America's involvement with Iraq. It was America that provided Iraq with the chemical and biological weapons we are looking for today. Arrogant/igorant ass americans get on my nerves

kriso9tails

Feb 11, 2003, 4:20 AM
Post #5 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Quote: Yeh, it cracks me up when the French act like we should care what they think about us going to war. The Germans too! We kicked the Germans asses and saved the Frenchies asses.

Now if only the Americans could save themselves from their own education system.

Well, some of y'all seem to have come out unscathed.

asystole

Feb 11, 2003, 4:25 AM
Post #6 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So our education isn't the best. But I do agree that we have always backed the french in a pinch. Alot is becuase they helped us out in the revolution. But I am very dissapointed in the french not backing America but at least they are trying to help end it as quickly as possible. Also notice that they are sending the Forigen Legion in. I belive if they taught the republic how to fight the war would cont longer. Legion is nuts.

atg200

Feb 11, 2003, 4:47 AM
Post #7 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

this thread was funny until the nose picking jingoists chimed in.

Partner one900johnnyk

Feb 11, 2003, 4:56 AM
Post #8 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

haha for real it was funny to scroll down and see the degeneration...

thrasher

Feb 11, 2003, 4:58 AM
Post #9 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

and what/who is a nose-picking jingoist?

atg200

Feb 11, 2003, 5:01 AM
Post #10 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

you are. look up jingo in the dictionary. this sort of "america kicks ass since gwb told me so" crap makes me embarrassed to be from the usa.

(for all nose picking jingoists, yes i am looking for a job outside of the usa so i will be leaving as soon as possible, no need to use that tired argument)

thrasher

Feb 11, 2003, 5:08 AM
Post #11 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dude, lighten up! I was just exagerating a little. Let me know if you find a better country.

bigbouda

Feb 11, 2003, 4:34 PM
Post #12 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I did

thrasher

Feb 11, 2003, 5:01 PM
Post #13 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yeh bouda, that is why when anyone needs serious surgery they come down to the states, if you need a doctor you have to wait in line, and why my US dollar is worth about three Canadian dollars...yep, Canada is a lot better. We also have Canada to thank for their lax imigration policies that allowed the hijackers in.

climbinganne

Feb 11, 2003, 5:41 PM
Post #14 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

joel_gibbel

Feb 11, 2003, 9:07 PM
Post #15 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, right on atg. Jingoism sucks. I am so sick of it I could pick up and move to Canada tonight. But alas, I won't. My voice is sorely needed here. There has to be some balance in democracy.

uncle_big_green

Feb 11, 2003, 9:16 PM
Post #16 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No offense Joel, but if you think that the US was supposed to be a democracy or that democracy is a good thing, then I think that you should go to Canada.

edit: PS - I am not a jingoist.

[ This Message was edited by: uncle_big_green on 2003-02-11 13:19 ]

joel_gibbel

Feb 11, 2003, 9:24 PM
Post #17 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Don't sell me short, uncle. I realize we're not a pure democracy, we're a republic (representative democracy). And I think that's a good thing. I'm not too fond of our 2-party system, but it could be worse. What I truly despise is our foreign policy and acceptance of war. I'm also sick of flag-waving patriots who think they are somehow special because they are americans. I also can't stand people who respect bush, it makes no sense to me. Rock on France, stop the war.

uncle_big_green

Feb 11, 2003, 10:03 PM
Post #18 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Fair enough, Joel. I'm still going to have to correct you and say that the US is a Constitutional Republic. By that, I mean that the Constitution has set limits on what the govt. and the "people" can do in terms of making laws. "Representative Democracy" still implies that "the will of the people" is the law of the land. Yes, there are democratic elements in this country like elections of congresspersons, but any action taken by the govt or people of this country are supposed (I use "supposed" on purpose) to occur within the confines of the Constitution. If you think about it, all this is merely a spin-off of the Declaration of Ind. - the "inalienable rights" part. This was the first time that a person's right to their own life was acknowledged by a govt. Anyway, sorry for the discourse.

While I am not a fan of all of US foreign policy, I'm not going to jump into the bash Bush camp. I also think that the chances of the US going to war have lessened. While we're bitching here, don't forget that there are still US troops in Bosnia. I'm pretty sure that action wasn't UN (as if anyone should give a sh#t about the UN) sanctioned.

curt

Feb 11, 2003, 11:19 PM
Post #19 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Uncle,

This is straying a bit from the original topic of the post, but I want to point out that there exists no democracy anywhere on the planet--by your definition.

All democracies have some sort of representative government. To effect your definition of democratic government would require all decisions of government, no matter how trivial, to be decided by referendum--i.e. direct vote.

This is the only way to assure that every decision is truly "the will of the people." Clearly that is not practical for purposes of logistics.

Curt

uncle_big_green

Feb 12, 2003, 12:20 AM
Post #20 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

"All democracies have some sort of representative government. To effect your definition of democratic government would require all decisions of government, no matter how trivial, to be decided by referendum--i.e. direct vote."

The point I made was that in NO way is the US supposed to be a democracy - not even a representative one.

curt

Feb 12, 2003, 1:07 AM
Post #21 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

uncle_big_green,

I thought we had a misunderstanding based on semantics until....

Quote:
The point I made was that in NO way is the US supposed to be a democracy - not even a representative one.

Now I stand corrected--you are simply flat out wrong.

Curt

uncle_big_green

Feb 12, 2003, 8:20 AM
Post #22 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Curt, I'm not trying to start a big argument with you, but I would appreciate it if you could prove that I am wrong. Extra points: I'll buy you a beer if you can find the word "democracy" in either the Declaration of Independence or the US Constitution.

curt

Feb 12, 2003, 3:58 PM
Post #23 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

UBG,

Unfortunately, I don't think I will be getting the beer--darn it. However, whether the word "democracy" does or does not appear in the Constitution has nothing to do with the Constitution establishing a democratic form of government or not.

As alluded to in your own post above (I suppose in reference to Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution)

"The House of representatives shall be composed of Members chosen every second year BY THE PEOPLE OF THE SEVERAL STATES...."

If this does not define a representative democracy, I am not sure what would.

Curt

roark

Feb 12, 2003, 4:23 PM
Post #24 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The House of Representatives is one part of one of the three branches of our government.

The legislative branch is made up of the House and the Senate if I remember correctly. The two sides in the same branch is something that came about to give each of the states a proportionate voice in the US government. If it was only the house the less populated states would have become less important because they would send less representatives. On the other hand if just the Senate was the full legislative body then the states with more people would have the same weight as a less populated state and the law would have a more difficult time reflecting the best laws for the nation as a whole. So, it was agreed to have both bodies to give the correct proportion of interests in the legislative body.

The thing about our government is it is all supposed to operate under the constitution, not the will of the people, as the highest law in the land. The will of the people may be reflected by consequence of who is elected to office, but it is the rule of law, not the rule of the masses that has made us what we are.

curt

Feb 12, 2003, 4:27 PM
Post #25 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

roark,

You are indeed correct, but keep in mind that the laws can be changed by the people. Even the constitution itself can and has been amended (26 times so far) because of the will of the people.

Curt

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook