theooze

Feb 23, 2003, 11:38 PM
Post #1 of 25 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Does trevor really exist?
Report this Post
Can't Post

Have any of you actually spoken to him?

If so, what a pompous f*ck! He's all like he's above actually participating in the forums in a meaningful way. He insulates himself behind these dysfunctional admins. He actively f*cks up people's accounts with no warning, cuz "it's his site" - no matter that all the content comes from other people.

Please, listen to the Ooze whine some more - I've often thought about backing up some of the stuff I've posted here, stuff that meant something to me. I never did; somehow I always thought the database would survive, even if these clowns dropped the ball.

So it's all gone. Well, it's my own fault. Sh*t happens, right? What's f*cked up is that I never get a "maybe we can get it back, give us a couple weeks", or even a "you're f*cked, sorry".

Whatever. F*ck it.

climbinganne

Feb 24, 2003, 12:12 AM
Post #2 of 25 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Does trevor really exist? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i have faith...

no_limit

Feb 24, 2003, 12:21 AM
Post #3 of 25 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think he exists, he just doesn't want people to take his opinion over others because he owns the site.

theooze

Feb 24, 2003, 12:22 AM
Post #4 of 25 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

DO YOU THINK YOU COULD KEEP THE SERVER UP LIKE MAYBE HALF THE TIME? i DON'T MIND WAITING TWO MINUTES FOR S F*CKING PAGE, BUT THEN END UP WITH NO SERVER FOUND?

aAAAAAAAAAACH11111! Retards!!!!!!

theooze

Feb 24, 2003, 12:24 AM
Post #5 of 25 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I think he exists, he just doesn't want people to take his opinion over others because he owns the site.

That sounds like how the Jezus freeks explain why God doesn't intervene in human affairs.

Partner jules

Feb 24, 2003, 12:39 AM
Post #6 of 25 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

God doesn't intervene in human affairs because his stunning beauty would blind us... duh. DOn't you know anything, ooze?!

WTFWJD??!

Partner jules

Feb 24, 2003, 12:45 AM
Post #7 of 25 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[serious] (sad that I feel like I have to preface my serious posts like that...)

Ooooze... the absence of all your posts is definitely a loss for the site overall.

xanx

Feb 24, 2003, 1:44 AM
Post #8 of 25 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Trevor is gonna ban all ur a$$es for this...

yes he exists

yes it is his site

yes he can do whatever the fu(k he wants

yes he can ban pompous little tards like you all for talking smack about him - by creating and managing this site, he has done the climbing world a greater service than any of u will ever do in ur lives!

show some respect!

john1987

Feb 24, 2003, 1:46 AM
Post #9 of 25 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

WTF? this has got to be one of the most messed up threads that ive seen in a long time.

passthepitonspete

Feb 24, 2003, 1:51 AM
Post #10 of 25 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes, West Virginia, there IS a Trevor.

I have even spoken to him on the phone a few times.

He actually does know what's going on, and moreover, he actually does care.

He has been helpful to me in many ways, especially when his retarded minions have been aggravating.

It would appear the place is slowly coming back to order. Clicking on people's profiles actually gets us to the old ones, even though they are an old-ish backup, and we can't [as] edit the things.

But hopefully they'll get that working soon.

I am frustrated too with the apparent clusterf*ck this place has been the last week, which is precisely why I am not posting or submitting more photos, at least until I believe things are under control.

Hang in there, and keep oozing.

See you in a few weeks, mate. Save me the Presidential Suite.

Cheers,

Pete

P.S. Shouted by Jon Voigt: "What do we do now, Lewis! You got us into this mess! Just what are you going to do?!"

Partner cliffhanger9

Feb 24, 2003, 2:51 AM
Post #11 of 25 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i m not gonna take sides here cuz these threads are no fun but it seems that some people need to calm down...(u can take that however u want but...) i say....

CLIMB ON!! 8)

wv5ten

Feb 24, 2003, 2:55 AM
Post #12 of 25 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

things are most definitely coming together. just hang in there.
a website really isn't so important that it leads to this much stress/anguish is it? I mean I think that rc.com is a great thing, and I have all the respect and support for Trevor that I can, but if it got me that riled up, I'd go somewhere else

thankfully it doesn't, and I can stay here and hang out at this wonderful site. Which I can only thank Trevor for, because he is the tape holding this paper ball together. like it or not, i happen to like it

Partner pianomahnn

Feb 28, 2003, 5:42 PM
Post #13 of 25 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've spoken with Trevor on the phone before.

Nice guy.

theooze

Mar 1, 2003, 1:09 AM
Post #14 of 25 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't mean to cause a panic or anything, but I don't think there's anyone flying this plane. I think the flight crew bailed out a few days ago.

toobigtoclimb

Mar 1, 2003, 1:22 AM
Post #15 of 25 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes, there most definitely is a Trevor. Seen him with my own eyes.

Patience grashopper, patience.

curt

Mar 1, 2003, 1:25 AM
Post #16 of 25 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

xanx,
In reply to:
yes he can ban pompous little tards like you all for talking smack about him - by creating and managing this site, he has done the climbing world a greater service than any of u will ever do in ur lives!

Pal, you need to get some idea of perspective. Even building the best climbing website on the planet pales in comparison to the contributions that many, many others have made to the sport of climbing. Get a grip.

Curt

enigma

Mar 1, 2003, 3:05 AM
Post #17 of 25 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Pal, you need to get some idea of perspective. Even building the best climbing website on the planet pales in comparison to the contributions that many, many others have made to the sport of climbing. Get a grip.
:roll:
Curt

Just for your information, Trevor exists and guess what Curt, he even climbs well,( much better than you I'm sure.)
Additionally he is a decent family man, with a positive outlook and is very considerate and caring. Qualities which you appear to lack.

jhwnewengland

Mar 1, 2003, 3:51 AM
Post #18 of 25 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ha! This thread is one of the best, for sure. Props to Jules - go back and read her posts if you didn't!!

WTFWJD??! Oh man, that's hilarious!

fritzski

Mar 1, 2003, 4:16 AM
Post #19 of 25 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I PMed him about an order for products I paid for about a month ago and have neither heard nor seen anything of it, and got no reply.

curt

Mar 1, 2003, 4:22 AM
Post #20 of 25 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Enigma,

"It is better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." This was written by Abraham Lincoln, but I am fairly sure he had you in mind.
In reply to:
Just for your information, Trevor exists and guess what Curt, he even climbs well,( much better than you I'm sure.)
Additionally he is a decent family man, with a positive outlook and is very considerate and caring. Qualities which you appear to lack.

If you read my post, you will see that I never doubted Trevor's existence. I also do not doubt that Trevor climbs--hence his creation of a climbing website.

Since I have never climbed with Trevor, and since you have not (and never will) climb with me, I am not sure where your speculation, as to our relative abilities, comes from. Have you some substantiation on which to base this statement?

Also, I have no doubt that Trevor is a decent family man. What, by the way, has that got to do with anything. I myself, am quite happily married with a 6 year old son. I also have a positive outlook and am caring about those people and things that are important to me.

You state that these are qualities that I lack, but you are in fact just exposing your total ignorance.

One thing that is a fact though, is that all of the people I have met and climbed with on this site would like to climb with me again--and intend to do so. Can you say the same?

Curt

trevor
Anonymous Poster

Mar 1, 2003, 4:30 AM
Post #21 of 25 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

OK, folks. I think this thread is quickly going down stream. I am going to lock it before it just plain gets worse. You and I know how we feel about each other, I don't know why you want to do this in public.

trevor
Anonymous Poster

Mar 1, 2003, 4:08 PM
Post #22 of 25 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

After Curt contacted me via PM, I realized that my post above was really vague. I left out Stu's name. My feelings are completely neutral towards Curt (actually they are slightly positive because he can write intelligently). I meant to say Stu in the post above.

I still think no good can come from this...even intelligent debate. But I will move it to Community as a middle ground. But people, I don't need defending. A few people who woke up on the wrong side of the bed want to attack me and blame me for all their problems. But the LARGE majority are very thankful and gracious. Many people even send money! Which to me is the best way to show true gratitude. In this position, I learn to ignore the likes of Stu, Matt Parker, and others.

One more note, if any of you think I am ignoring me, please drop me a line again. I am VERY busy, and I don't always respond right away. Last week I responded to a 6 month old email...and sometimes it just gets lost.

Oh and one more note, I agree with this comment:
In reply to:
Even building the best climbing website on the planet pales in comparison to the contributions that many, many others have made to the sport of climbing. Get a grip.
Many people have devoted their whole lives to this sport. I am only beginning and really doubt I will ever do that much.

andy_lemon

Mar 1, 2003, 6:11 PM
Post #23 of 25 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

When I first joined, Trevor used to post in almost every thread. Then he added alot more uses to the mod's list, then added photo editors, article editors, etc. It sure made the site more user friendly and for sure picked up alot more users after that change. Anyhow, he has a kid and a wife... give him a break. This is how he wants his site ran.

lox

Mar 1, 2003, 6:45 PM
Post #24 of 25 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Trevor is teh best.

He gives teh reacharound.

easysteve

Mar 12, 2003, 1:57 AM
Post #25 of 25 (1207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow! I never thought that would be said. Look, it's still not locked... Yay!

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook