Mar 5, 2003, 6:12 PM
Post #1 of 20 (1105 views)
Shortcut

Good news...
Report this Post
Can't Post

For those of you "in the know"...

It is still in remission :D

Now I can start trying to feel better, I don't yet but I have a feeling I am gonna!

A "Thank you oh sooo much!!!" goes out to those of you who were pullin'/prayin' for me... knowing you were thinking of me really meant a lot. I still have not told anyone in my family so you were my whole support group.

Dany, I couldn't have made it without you!

You are on my list of peeps who are gettin' a huge hug!

Paul, looks like I get to keep those cams for while! :)

Jeff http://pages.prodigy.net/.../emoticons/wave1.gif

andy_lemon

Mar 5, 2003, 7:50 PM
Post #2 of 20 (1105 views)
Shortcut

Good news... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Did you figure out how to get the krust off the climber?

Partner camhead

Mar 5, 2003, 11:19 PM
Post #3 of 20 (1105 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah!!! I'm glad to hear that, jeff. I'll be happily running it out while thinking of you. hehe.

krustyklimber

Mar 6, 2003, 9:39 AM
Post #4 of 20 (1105 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Andy,

A scalpel and some raditation will do wonders for getting rid of certain kinds of krust, lucky for me I don't have to deal with the raditation part.

YET!

Is your question a joke, I don't understand, the question or the questionable humor?

Please do enlighten me. ;) I don't understand the correlation between cancer and krust spelled with a K... :( or if there was supposed to be one.

I don't have the strength for a fight, but an explaination would be appreciated.

krustyklimber

Mar 7, 2003, 6:23 PM
Post #5 of 20 (1105 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gee thanks everyone... this outpouring of happinesss and celebration over my good news has been touching... (where are all my friends?)

Thanks for steppin up and explaning Andy!!! Nice gutpunch, and a sucker punch at that... I really needed that!
I have waited patiently to hear where the heck your post came from...

What doesn't kill me will only make me stronger, I hope for you Andy, you never have to go through what I just did...
But if you do I won't kick sand in YOUR face!!!

onemistakebigpancake

Mar 7, 2003, 8:13 PM
Post #6 of 20 (1105 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sushislayer

Mar 7, 2003, 8:42 PM
Post #7 of 20 (1105 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Krusty,

Hang in there dude!! Glad things are improving for you.

Sushi.

krustyklimber

Mar 11, 2003, 8:28 PM
Post #8 of 20 (1105 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow, it's funny how the world changes?

I used to feel like y'all were my family but now I just don't know what to feel... I sure don't feel like I did in the past...

Sure I have changed... how could I not? :?

But what has changed for all of you? :roll:

Don't I belong here anymore? :?: I sure miss all of you still, though.

I have waited many days to hear back from Andy, either in this thread, or a response to the PMs I sent him... but nothing?
Andy do you feel I do not deserve a response from you? Even if it is just to explain where you were coming from?

I don't think that is too much to ask for is it? I'm really sorry if this seems "stuck in my craw" but it is... after all the scary stuff I went through and how bad it made me feel to think I could be dying...

...but, none of that was intentional... nobody MADE a tumor grow in my throat on purpose. But it seems to me Andy MADE me feel bad on purpose... at least it appears intentional... I can only assume by his lack of explanation/apology that it was not a joke...

Ya know a while back this site went into a huge uproar becuase a joke could have possibly offended Muslims (particularly Muslim Terrorists) and the Admins and Mods here got all bent out of shape... "could offend someone" and much infighting insued.

I doubt very much, that many Muslim terrorist visit this site much, if at all... but I still visit everyday!
And what Andy said to me here, has HIGHLY OFFENDED ME!!! I am going to ask one more time for Andy to be a man and step up.

If he does not soon I am going to make a huge stink over it, I feel I have the right to (watch your PM boxes, admins and mods, my strength is mounting and I am about to open a can of whoopass!).

I am sorry to get in a tweak over this, but I did/am.

ontario_guide

Mar 11, 2003, 8:32 PM
Post #9 of 20 (1105 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jeff, I am very happy to hear that you are on the road to recovery. While I do not know Andy, I'm sure his post was not meant to be offensive. Even if it was, try not to let it get to you. Best of luck and I hope all turns out well! :D

whitenight

Mar 11, 2003, 9:07 PM
Post #10 of 20 (1105 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am glad you are getting better!!!!! Don't let one post ruin your mood! Stay positive. Maybe andy is just out of town....he probably did not mean to upset you. I hope that you remain in remission for a very very very long time!!!!!!! :D

mwbtle

Mar 11, 2003, 9:16 PM
Post #11 of 20 (1105 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jeff-
I don't really know you at all, but Good Luck! I hope it stays gone for you. :)

-Melissa

andy_lemon

Mar 13, 2003, 2:48 AM
Post #12 of 20 (1105 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello! I was out of town for spring break... thank you for your patience.

I would be happy to answer the question at hand, which is, was my comment a joke?

The answer...

No,

In the original post I had no clue what the author was trying to say, so I thought I would try to find out. If the post is a serious one, I could not get that from the original message. If the post was a joke, I could not get that from the original message either. I hope to find out some more on the subject.

Andy

p.s. Thank you for turning a simple question into a flame war. You just made my return home a pleasing one.

krustyklimber

Mar 13, 2003, 8:39 PM
Post #13 of 20 (1105 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gee Andy,

I'm sorry your homecoming wasn't as happy as it could have been...

Sorta like my welcome back to the world of the "going to live" was... BUT I didn't start this you did!!!

Next time you'd like to know something, epsecially about me, why don't you ask politely?

That's what I thought I did...

If you re-read my original post to you you might find I did not immediately lash out at you... I made an explanation of what happened to me... and then I waited... and stewed... and waited... and stewed some more...

I actually came in this morning to make an apology to the Mods and Admins, for my threat to them... and to let you "off the hook", I forgive you... it's probably not your fault you're insensitive to the suffering of others.

Lemme see here...

For those of you "in the know"...

Hmm... if you weren't "in the know" maybe I wasn't talking to you at all?

It is still in remission :D (<---very happy)

There are not very many things in the world peple get VERY HAPPY about it being in remission... cancer is the first that comes to my mind.

Would it really matter if I had it, or someone I loved???

Now I can start trying to feel better, I don't yet but I have a feeling I am gonna!

Again this (coupled with the above statement) should have spelled it clearly out for you. Cancer, and the worries that go with it, is very draining.
But it appears to be gone, we will continue to watch it "with gaurded optimism..."

But that's the same thing they said 4 months ago and it has turned out well for me... my level of optimism is going up!

A "Thank you oh sooo much!!!" goes out to those of you who were pullin'/prayin' for me... knowing you were thinking of me really meant a lot. I still have not told anyone in my family so you were my whole support group.

Appearantly you don't fall into this group, or at least not yet... I have explained quite well what I was up against... and yet still no well wishes from you??? And I (imho) don't find you very supportive.

The two other comments in my original post were directed at two particular people, and they are what they are...

Danyelle was, and is, the one I most confided in on this subject... my thanks have no bounds!

I had to go to the trouble of making out a "Last Will and Testement"... not an easy thing to do...

The hardest thing of all, for me, was deciding what climbing gear would go where... I was going to leave my cams (and some other gear) to Paul...

When I wrote him for an address where to send the gear, if I should die, he was confused... I had to hit him with a brick before he understood too.

That's ok... you accuse me of flaming you???

Can you point out any instance where I was outta line? I asked very nicely over and over, 'til I finally got mad and made stupid threats to flame mods and admins... but never any directed at you... I was going to use proper channels and go about dealing with you that way... how was that out of line?

Can you say that what you said to me was totally friendly and polite?
And then to turn it around, like I'm a bad guy for being upset by you now, only adds to the validity of my argument...

I did not find your question simple, I found it cutting and insulting... yet I politely asked where you were coming from, and explained myself as well as I felt I needed to... and I added well wishes to you in my second post explaining what had happened to me...

I hope for you Andy, you never have to go through what I just did...
But if you do I won't kick sand in YOUR face!!!

If that is flaming you, I hope we have a lot more flaming going on...

I am STILL offended by what you said to me and I am STILL patiently waiting for an apology from you, and maybe an "I'm glad you're not gonna die Krusty" from you... but obviously you don't feel the need to say it...

I'll live either way. ;)

But to be honest I'd live better if I knew you wished me well.

I never intended this to be a flamer, and I sure don't have the strength back I thought I did... this has been very draining... man, what an emotional rollercoaster ride this thread has been for me?!?

I hope I have explained myself well enough for you now... you have not done so for me...

I still wanna know why the "krust comment"? Did it at least give YOU a laugh? Because I ain't laughin'.
Next time you wanna know something about me... ask me in a nice way huh? The same way you'd ask your mother, or your own brother?

I said I am sorry to get in a tweak over this, but I did, that's the best I can do.

danyelle

Mar 15, 2003, 3:38 PM
Post #14 of 20 (1105 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

YIPPE, YAHOO, TOOTLES and A ONE BIG TEXAS YEHAW to you!

Since I'm recieving this news while on my Spring break among the steers I had to give that last one it's worthy credit.

I'm so joyed to hear this news and to know you are in good spririts. Don't let Andy's thick head get you down. I'm sure he was just overloaded on spring break fever and 'SPIRITS' of a different kind to pick up on your subtleties.

I'll be sure to pass this message along to Dom and Staz for you too, I know they will love to hear this joyous news as they were praying for you also!

If you have time Jeff, send me a PM with all your home contact info. I'd love to stay in touch offline as well.

Next on the agenda, get that krusty butt of yours back on the wall! I need a partners for the summer!!!

Danyelle :D

P.S. Every time I look that famous "Gotee" in the flesh I am reminded of the sheer magnitude, the impact of our first meeting had/has on my life, and just how comforting it has been to share our lifes' experiences with each other of the past few months. I hope someday soon to meet face to face and give you the hug you need/deserve!

staticbuz

Mar 15, 2003, 6:23 PM
Post #15 of 20 (1105 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Damnit krusty! you never fill me in on these things. I am glad you are doing better though. You are a great guy and will forever be appreciative over how you have introduced me into this sport. Hang in there buddy
-Static-

andy_lemon

Mar 15, 2003, 7:06 PM
Post #16 of 20 (1105 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I'm sorry your homecoming wasn't as happy as it could have been...

I thought I made it pretty clear that this little flame war was one of the most pleasing things I had seen. I guess not. But at any rate, the guys that came back with me on the trip were sitting here laughing so yeh, I thought it was pretty darn funny.

But if it is still of any concern, I haven't quit figured out what was wrong with you that is better now. Congrats on that.

staticbuz

Mar 15, 2003, 7:34 PM
Post #17 of 20 (1105 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ok im gonna try to play mediator here a little so bare with me..

Andy, I am in the same boat as you not knowing what happened and I really dont think you meant anything offensive in your original post to this thread. I probably would have posted something that I thought was funny as well. But on the other hand, if youd use your brain just a little you could have gathered that whatever happened to krusty wasnt good. especially since in your last post on your thread you still dont seem to know what happened, if youd read the other posts, you would eventually put the words cancer, tumor and throat together =)

Krusty - as cool of a guy as you are, and as rough a time you are having I think you went a little overboard on andy. He didnt know what happened and he went on vacation after his post so how is it he was supposed to respond? Try not to take what he said to heart. he doesnt hate you im sure and you dont hate him. so you guys need to kiss and make up! ok?

ok
*group hug*

starinack

Mar 15, 2003, 7:52 PM
Post #18 of 20 (1105 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

And message, I got!

And what a fine message this is!!

Woohoo!

*gives you chocolate chips cookies*

....uuhhh........are you allowed to eat it?

XD I'm really really glad to hear that you're fine. All the best in the comming days! months!! years!!!

nikegirl

Apr 5, 2003, 7:52 AM
Post #19 of 20 (1105 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jeff...

last you kept me informed...was my birthday...and your throat was sore.!!!!!!!!!

I know that the drama here in the forums...and the things that have been going on, have shook what we know as the old days.

wish it hadn't kept a gap between those of us whom care.

thanks for keeping those of us posted...
glad your doing better.

~T~

charley

Apr 5, 2003, 2:20 PM
Post #20 of 20 (1105 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Krusty,
I don't know you, but I am glad to hear a fellow human being/climber is doing well/better in a fight with cancer. I hope and pray that you will continue to get better and stronger and one day soon be back on the rocks with your friends. In my opinion you and Andy may need to lighten up a bit and get along. Good luck

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook