RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

socialclimber

Dec 15, 2001, 11:48 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1475 views)
Shortcut

Returning gear.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have just read Talons post about stealing gear, I'm curious how much effort is put in to return gear that is found, to it's owner?
The climbing community is pretty easy to address in my town, A note on the climbing gym notice board and a couple of e mails to the clubs and about 95%of the tribe is covered.

climb512

Dec 15, 2001, 12:18 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1475 views)
Shortcut

Returning gear. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If it is gear that your second cant clean and you dont bother to rap down and try, then it is BOOTY. Even so we will still ask around about it. If it something like a chalk bag or shoes left or dropped then we will post a note at the cliffs and on gunks.com. Botty is booty is booty, I take the extra time and effort to clean a peice that someone else didnt, sorry, mine now.

climb512

Dec 15, 2001, 3:31 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1475 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I agreee tech. We left a guide book at the top of cliff. We realized it at the 2nd rap station. Fortunately there was a party on the way up and they grabbed it. They never found us that day, so we figured it was gone. A couple weeks later it was in the mail box. I only refer to keeping booty as gear placed that I had to work at to remove that the owner couldnt. I would still check at the top, incase the owner was up there and was going to make an attempt at retrieval. I feel no guilt in keeping a peice that I worked at to get. I also have no bad feelings if someone did the same with something I left.

Partner missedyno

Dec 15, 2001, 5:28 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1475 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i found a well used draw at the base of a climb, and took it with me with the intent of finding the owner.

they had already topped out when we finished the climb.

by fluke, i saw them go by in a canoe when we were getting ready to start a climb the next day. i called to them, the guy answered the right colour about gear tape, i handed it down. it was a good feeling.

talons05

Dec 15, 2001, 6:07 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1475 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I agree about the booty. Especially where I climb, most of the cliffs don't actually see much traffic. So, unless that person is right there, if they can't clean a piece and you can? Well, it's pretty much yours unless you can tell whose it is.

AW

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook