RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

bouldertoad

Mar 13, 2003, 5:25 AM
Post #1 of 3 (981 views)
Shortcut

NRP.........Millenium???
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have always seen Millenium being touted as the longest route in WVA but I am wondering if that is true. According to a guidebook for seneca there is a circumnavigation of the entire cliff called the seneca trail I believe. And since millenium is a traverse mainly as is the seneca trail wouldn't the seneca trail be considered longer??? Just curious And also I am sorry I did not get a chance to make itto the gathering.....went to Looking glass instead.

cragmasterp

Mar 27, 2003, 8:09 PM
Post #2 of 3 (981 views)
Shortcut

NRP.........Millenium??? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The seneca trail would definately be a longer route, although more contrived.

I climbed milenium last year and found all but the last pitch to be loose, sketchy and not worth the effort. definately not a route to bring a beginner on. the last pitch was quite good however.

The seneca trail would be and interesting day adventure if you were there on a week day without too much traffic on all the routes that you would have to cross.

hyhuu

Mar 31, 2003, 7:47 PM
Post #3 of 3 (981 views)
Shortcut

NRP.........Millenium??? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The difference is Millenium while continuously traversing you do gain elevation but Seneca Trail you actually down climb all the way down to the base. The guidebook said that you should not "touch-down" but would't it feel a little silly setting up a semi-hanging belay a few feet above the ground? Around here in the Mid Atlantic, Millenium is a good practice route for alpine climbing.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook