RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

beyond_gravity

Apr 18, 2003, 2:37 AM
Post #1 of 10 (1290 views)
Shortcut

Your thoughts on poetry?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

What do you think about love poetry? Is it just something gay guys do in a desperate attempt to pick up girls? I like to write but I’ve always been way to scared to actually give it to the girl I wrote it too. I dunno, I guess I’m just another confused high school kid.

enigma

Apr 18, 2003, 7:17 AM
Post #2 of 10 (1290 views)
Shortcut

Re: Your thoughts on poetry? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
This might not belong in this forum, but to me it seems appropriate because it involves woman and to me it is kinnda sensitive.

What do you think about love poetry? Is it just something gay guys do in a desperate attempt to pick up girls? I like to write but I’ve always been way to scared to actually give it to the girl I wrote it too. I dunno, I guess I’m just another confused high school kid. if anyone likes talking about this kinnda stuff please pm me.

Writing words that souls never share,

-Jeremy

This is fine, its quite sweet from a guy, so don't worry straight guys write poetry too. 8)

Essentially my feeling is you should wait a bit, and get to know the girl before writing her,and giving her this poetry. Try to establish some sort of a friendship, and trust so your poems will be well received,and hopefully appreciated. :idea:

However,since obviously you enjoy writing, do keep a journal ,perhaps a hard cover one and later on you may have it and recall these poignant memories. :idea:

sroehlk

Apr 18, 2003, 3:38 PM
Post #3 of 10 (1290 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jeremy,

I think most women (including myself) love to receive letters, poems, and cards. It's something you can pull out of a drawer and read over and over again. Please make sure the girl you wrote the poem for is understanding and would appreciate it. I'm sure her friends will also read it. Perhaps not the whole thing, but parts of it. Do you know her well? Does she feel the same way for you? If so go for it! If not, you might want to hold off until you know her better.

I have kept a journal for as long as I can remember. It's fun looking back on my life to see what was important at different stages in my life. I use it to vent, record ideas, travel plans, goals, and sometimes just to write a short story.

Good luck!
Stephanie

wonderwoman

Apr 18, 2003, 4:21 PM
Post #4 of 10 (1290 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Josh writes me songs that sometimes have words, and I love it!

Chicks dig poetry or anything else artsy that you do when it is inspired by them. I think it is a beautiful gesture and encourage more poetry writing. We need more ways to express our appreciation of one another.

:o

mwbtle

Apr 18, 2003, 4:35 PM
Post #5 of 10 (1290 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My bf writes poetry, I love it. Its like real feelings, from a guy...whoa...they don't get expressed very often.

Jeremy, if she's into you she'll love it. If she doesn't know you exist she might be weirded out. So make sure you've got a friendship or something going on before you spill your guts, as it were, on paper to her. But if nothing else, she'll likely be flattered.

carnaged

Apr 20, 2003, 7:20 PM
Post #6 of 10 (1290 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jeremy, when you write something special for a girl, she'll know how much it means to you, and undoubtedly, how much it means to her.

Girls love reading anything written to them, especially from guys. We're sort of saps when it comes to poetry.

Well, at least I am~

And Jeremy, you have nothing to worry about, I'm sure whoever you're writing for will love it.

lazygirl

Apr 20, 2003, 8:14 PM
Post #7 of 10 (1290 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Jeremy, teenaged girls are evil, I sould know, I am one. Don't write it to her if you don't know her very well or she'll go out to diner one night, read it aloud to all her friends who will be rolling aroud on the resturaunt floor trying to hold their food down, and then they'll get yelled at by the waitress for disturbing other customers. Then later on in the night the waitress will come by and apologize, but that won't be it. In an effort to explain their obsesent laughter they will give the poem to the waitress to read. She will then laugh out loud and say she "understands now." Poor boy. This happened a week ago with me and my friends. See, we're mean. I don't want to bum you out but this is the kinda stuff that happens. However, It was a really bad poem, he rhymed her name "Bret" with the word "regret." She didn't know him very well either so it totally weirded her out.

But if you know this girl fairly well and she likes you go for it. Also, make sure she likes sappy stuff like that, some girls don't, it might not be part of her personality. It really depends on the girl.

Partner missedyno

Apr 21, 2003, 1:14 PM
Post #8 of 10 (1290 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

LOL to lazygirl!
that is EXACTLY what will happen if you don't know her well enough, etc.

my bf wrote me a few poems when we were first falling in love... i have one here posted on my monitor... it's my favourite!

poetry from someone i didn't like would creep me out.

good luck boy. :)

beyond_gravity

Apr 22, 2003, 3:05 AM
Post #9 of 10 (1290 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hehe, well i've been going out with her for 6 months minus 9 days. I sure hope she doesn't do that...and I can totally see the above happening to me :twisted:

vertically_challanged

Apr 26, 2003, 11:37 AM
Post #10 of 10 (1290 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Poetry is a very personal thing, if you do decide to write this girl a poem, it is something that she will always remember. As for your statement..

In reply to:
"Is it just something gay guys do in a desperate attempt to pick up girls?'

the way that I see it, if a is man secure enough to share his innermost thoughts and feelings through this medium, then it says something about his character- and it isn't that he is desperate.

Robs

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook