RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

weaselman

Apr 26, 2003, 6:48 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2866 views)
Shortcut

Chucks for slacking!!!!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have found the ultimate slacklining shoe. It is the Converse All Star Chuck Taylor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought them a week ago, and it is just like walking barefoot, because they bend so much. If you get one, buy an insole, as Chucks have no arch support at all. I bought them for $25 at "Journeys" in the Dayton Mall.

weaselman

Apr 26, 2003, 6:49 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2866 views)
Shortcut

Re: Chucks for slacking!!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I have found the ultimate slacklining shoe. It is the Converse All Star Chuck Taylor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought them a week ago, and it is just like walking barefoot, because they bend so much. If you get one, buy an insole, as Chucks have no arch support at all. I bought the shoes for $25 at "Journeys" in the Dayton Mall.

cloudstastemetallic

Apr 26, 2003, 8:15 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2866 views)
Shortcut

Re: Chucks for slacking!!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sure it's a good idea to get insoles for arch support, but have you ever fallen from any decent height in a pair of chucks and "slapped" the soles on the ground? i swear it hurts more than if you were barefoot. i used to wear chucks skateboarding, and belive me...if your planning on falling (and this is a slackline forum...you will fall) put in a nice insole. they'll last a few pair of shoes, and are well worth the money. best of luck...and if you find an pair of the "old school" vans lace-ups (low or high top...the canvas and suede ones) give 'em a try...better rubber, more support (but not TOO much), and were my choice as a bouldering shoe for years...and as a bonus, they're non marking soles, so you won't leave marks on rock. -later-b.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook