RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing Photography

Premier Sponsor:

thomasribiere

May 20, 2003, 6:06 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1265 views)
Shortcut

Fuji Reala
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Do you know this variation of the Fuji Superia? It'a color film. The Reala is worth €8 the 100ASA-36pics, while the classical Superia is around €4-5. It's said to have a sharp grain. But I don't know about the colours.

And do some of you use Agfacolor? Or is it a european trick? Agfa is supposed to be good in reds...

krillen

May 20, 2003, 7:09 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1265 views)
Shortcut

Re: Fuji Reala [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Alot of the films you see on the shelves as "Professional" film have a cheaper "consumer" counterpart. These films have very similar characteristics, but the consumer counterpart may have stuff added to it to make it last longer on the shelf. Often if you use the consumer stuff you don't even see a difference between it adn the "pro" stuff.....except in your wallet ;)

As for Afga, can't help you there.

danl

May 20, 2003, 7:19 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1265 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tends to be a little harsher on skin tones than superia. good for prints of landscapes not so good for portraits

saltspringer

May 22, 2003, 6:50 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1265 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pro films have a shorter shelf life to guarantee colour accuracy: they may have exactly the same constituents as a consumer film but aren't left out as long...usually have a more accurate ISO rating as well. A 100 ASA consumer film may vary between 70-130 ASA depending on the film stock, age and cost; pro emulsions also guarantee a very accurate speed rating, especially important in studio work.

I used to use Agfa film, paper and chemistry when I lived in Belgium but I found that their colour films had a strange balance to them...very euro-pop-art! Loved the B&W films but haven't used them in years.

Note to other photographers: Fuji is re-releasing Velvia as a 100 ASA film with finer grain and exactly the same (if not better) saturation and colour as the 50ASA version...out in July!

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Climbing Photography

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook