RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

jimmyv

May 25, 2003, 1:41 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1333 views)
Shortcut

this high line lark
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hey guys,

i know everyone has to be careful about giving advice for highlines, but i will be putting one up soon anyway, so any comments would be helpful.
the gap is about 30-35 m
so...cleaning the rigging? how? is it necessary? we are actually laying the line over a fallen tree to step off and begin, so the rigging is away from the walking area.
what is the deal with soft points, is that just to reduce failure points?
i am well confused about all the discussions about forces- will a brand new line with another threaded through be enough?
i can back up everything except for the line, so if back ups are attached to the knots on the end of the line, how do you back up the knots?
and so on, and so on.....
cheers,
james

w6jxm

May 26, 2003, 4:59 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1333 views)
Shortcut

Re: this high line lark [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If you don't know how: DON"T

If you don't know the details of your setup and what to do in order to make it safe, you have no business setting up one or asking directions from people you don't know on the internet.

jimmyv

May 27, 2003, 9:51 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1333 views)
Shortcut

Re: this high line lark [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

whoa, i was putting up the possibilities and the areas of variability........

i have plenty of experince with pulley systems, setting up slacklines (everyday, in different location, from different objections for a long time), shorter highlines, aid climbing, free climbing, i have done rope work and rescue courses.

i have spent hours messing around on paper, designing all the variables, so there will be no hassles on the day or extending setting up time that makes people question the safety. i have assesed the site several times and know the exact details.

i have also researched on the web a great deal and worked out that everyone has their particular style- i have mine or what i think will be best for me, my knowledge and the particluar situation.

i also live in scotland, so there are less people to get the direct hands on information i require, so i figured i would contact the people who know stateside to get their personal preference.

please don't insult me, i don't plan to kill myself or anyone else.
this very knowledgable chap; Ammon, seemed to be giving some advice and implied possibilities of a proper article?

thanks,

james

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook