RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing Photography

Premier Sponsor:

jjwalker

Jun 1, 2003, 5:09 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1664 views)
Shortcut

How do others get to see my photos?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am new to climbing and this site. I have read other posts regarding the photos and as I understand it:

1. You cannot vote on your own photo, and ...
2. The new algorithm will more precisely rank your photos.

Now, if you cannot vote on your own photo, how will others see it unless they are truly into the photos and surf every page.

Is there a trick to it?

Here is one of mine I have taken so far. My scanner sucks so I haven't uploaded anymore. It is a little blurry, but the print came out great!

http://www.rockclimbing.com/photos.php?Action=Show&PhotoID=14066

Let me know what you think.

biff

Jun 1, 2003, 4:19 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1664 views)
Shortcut

Re: How do others get to see my photos? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I usually find peoples photos by browsing through the routes database .. I go to a state/province/country, then click on the link Show photos from XXXXXX

It doesn't take long to find an interesting photo, then I click on (View More photos from USERNAME) .. to see what other areas that person has climbed at.

You can send e-mails to family and friends so they can see your photos, you don't have to be a member to browse photos, so for example you could send the link http://www.rockclimbing.com/...hotographer=jjwalker then your friends could see your photos, you can also send the link in Personal messages to your friends on the site, so that they can easily vote on your photos.

Partner tim

Jun 1, 2003, 4:23 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1664 views)
Shortcut

Re: How do others get to see my photos? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

One thing I could do, is relax the need for 3+ votes, so that 'ringers' (eg. photos that get a vote from one of the editors -- I often vote '9' or '10' on good photos while I'm approving them) have a good chance to make it to the front page.

It would be cool if people were honest, but they aren't (or at least aren't objective) so it doesn't make sense to let folks vote on their own photos.

ps. Hail Biff, savior of the photos. Now about those auto-category things... I gots some JavaScript to Make It Happen, let's talk soon. --t

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Climbing Photography

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook