RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

boneware

Jun 4, 2003, 3:58 AM
Post #1 of 2 (812 views)
Shortcut

moving to Tucson this winter?????
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey, i have been toying with the idea of moving to Tucson for a while and i think it might happen this winter, i am working in durango now and will be done in November so i was thinking of heading south around then to stay in the warmer climates and well take advantage of all the spectacular rock in the area. This posting is 2 fold, i am looking for places i know it is way off and lots can change by then but i wanted to test the waters, and i was wondering if anyone might be thinking simular thoughts and would be intererested in heading down that way.
I am interested in where would be good to live where would not, suggestions advice all that stuff.

Thanks philip

Partner pt

Jun 5, 2003, 12:13 AM
Post #2 of 2 (812 views)
Shortcut

Re: moving to Tucson this winter????? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Live down by the university. Central location and shouldn't be too expensive. East Tucson is beautiful and close to Mt. Lemmon and Sabino Canyon but it is very pricey. North West Tucson is further from the climbing and expensive. Lots of good restaurants and such down by the UofA. Climbing on Mt. Lemmon and in the Stronghold is well worth a winter or many winters! Great scenery, adventure, trad, sport, whatever you want. There are some newer sport areas being developed. Talk to some locals to find them.

Great trail running and pretty good mountain biking for variety. Check out Gates pass and Reddington road for mountain biking, Mt. Lemmon and Saguaro National parks for hiking/running, Sabino Canyon for scenery or a great after work bike ride. Lots of good stuff down there!

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook