bumblie

Jun 6, 2003, 2:46 PM
Post #1 of 12 (567 views)
Shortcut

You gotta love the FBI
Report this Post
Can't Post

June 5, 2003 6:58 p.m.

MURPHY - Mayor Bill Hughes says Jeff Postell should get the FBI reward money for capturing longtime fugitive and suspected serial bomber Eric Robert Rudolph.

Upset the powers that be aren't paying up, Hughes has written a joint resolution seeking the $1 million reward for Postell, the 21- year-old Murphy Police officer who caught Rudolph Saturday morning.

Those Feds continue to "do the right thing".

I only hope that I'm never in their crosshairs.

rocko

Jun 6, 2003, 2:47 PM
Post #2 of 12 (567 views)
Shortcut

Re: You gotta love the FBI [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I gotta love the STD.

climbinganne

Jun 6, 2003, 2:51 PM
Post #3 of 12 (567 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

the police officer should not get that reward money..that was his job to capture him

he already got paid for it

that money should be used to find others

bumblie

Jun 6, 2003, 2:55 PM
Post #4 of 12 (567 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I didn't realize the FBI's reward, excluded law enforcement.

How convenient..... after the fact.

bumblie

Jun 6, 2003, 3:01 PM
Post #5 of 12 (567 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
the police officer should not get that reward money..that was his job to capture him

he already got paid for it

that money should be used to find others

Anne,

I see that you've been brought up on charges. Haven't read the thread, so I cant' comment on it.

But I was thinking you might have cut a deal w/ law enforcement. Be a cheerleader and they give you a walk.

Shameful behavior... just shameful.

Partner wideguy

Jun 6, 2003, 3:11 PM
Post #6 of 12 (567 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

On one hand I agree with Anne, it IS his job... but on the other hand it was ALSO the job of thousands of FBI and dozens of local and state police and THIS guy is the only one who managed to get it done!

In his interrogation Rudolph apparently said he was afraid of THIS cop because he was the only one who drove around the back of the buildings at night and he did it with his lights off. Rudolph said he knew that this kid was gonna get him.

After all th bogus tips and wasted manhours this cop did it with "Policework 101" Give him the cash!

hugepedro

Jun 6, 2003, 5:47 PM
Post #7 of 12 (567 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Law enforcement personnel are excluded from rewards because the money would improperly skew their priorities. They have a job to do, and the focus of their efforts cannot be swayed by money, otherwise, our law enforcement system will become a bounty hunt. Justice is supposed to be blind.

extrememountaineer

Jun 6, 2003, 6:00 PM
Post #8 of 12 (567 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dude should have turned in his badge, went and apprehended Rudolph as a citizen, and collected the reward. Yeh, my job sucks, I quit!

climber1

Jun 7, 2003, 4:48 AM
Post #9 of 12 (567 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

the fbi couldn't find the dude in five years. at that rate we probably won't find Osama or Saddam for fifteen.

wallrat

Jun 10, 2003, 1:09 AM
Post #10 of 12 (567 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So let me get this straight...if we give the reward money to the cops, they'll all start looking for bombers and killers and bad guys? Whoa, that would mean they wouldn't have as much time to hassle the harmless, wouldn't it? "Got no time to mess with you dude...I'm hot on the trail of a clinic bomber". I could live with that. I say pay the man.

texasclimber

Jun 11, 2003, 9:53 PM
Post #11 of 12 (567 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Law enforcement personnel are excluded from rewards because the money would improperly skew their priorities. They have a job to do, and the focus of their efforts cannot be swayed by money, otherwise, our law enforcement system will become a bounty hunt. Justice is supposed to be blind.

True.

In reply to:
So let me get this straight...if we give the reward money to the cops, they'll all start looking for bombers and killers and bad guys? Whoa, that would mean they wouldn't have as much time to hassle the harmless, wouldn't it? "Got no time to mess with you dude...I'm hot on the trail of a clinic bomber". I could live with that. I say pay the man.

Yah they would be looking for bad guys, but would focus mainly on the bad guys that pay $$$. Personally, I want my local police force to find the assh*le that smashed the window of my car!

In reply to:
Dude should have turned in his badge, went and apprehended Rudolph as a citizen, and collected the reward.

If he wanted the reward (who wouldn't?), then he should have just called in and gone off duty for a dounut break and knab the guy then :roll:

Partner wideguy

Jun 11, 2003, 9:59 PM
Post #12 of 12 (567 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
If he wanted the reward (who wouldn't?), then he should have just called in and gone off duty for a dounut break and knab the guy then :roll:

Except, like EMT's and all the rest, even off duty he's bound by law to act like a cop. The minute he starts to apprehend somone and identifies himself as a cop, he's on duty.

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook