Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Areas for the state of Ohio -- FYI
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

spider_woman

Jul 16, 2003, 6:59 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1773 views)
Shortcut

Areas for the state of Ohio -- FYI  (Australasia: Australia: South_Australia: Adelaide: Pelican_Plaza: eds_outcrop)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

This is just a formal communication for anyone trying to edit in the state of OH. There will be various areas locked at random during the next two weeks, in order to do some house cleaning. They will then be unlocked and checked often to make sure all information remains current. If you have questions or concerns feel free to voice them via a pm or respond to this thread and I will try to help accordingly. This is just an FYI, for anyone who frequently contributes to the OH page. Thanks for all you guys/gals do to help keep OH current. Have a great day!!!!

-r 8)

jinn

Jul 16, 2003, 8:17 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1773 views)
Shortcut

Re: Locked Areas for the state of Ohio -- FYI [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
They will then be unlocked and checked often to make sure all information remains current.

how is this information verified as correct? whats the process?

spider_woman

Jul 16, 2003, 8:46 PM
Post #3 of 6 (1773 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Information provided will be verified as correct by whatever the best source is available for that particular area. I am assuming various users will respond if the data is incorrect, much like now. But there are updates and cleaning that is being done right now, not necessarily the changing of ratings. (I have received emails asking about ratings, that is the reason for the specification). Mostly if there is something that seems sketchy or weird, I will simply contact the user who posted and ask them for more specific info or whatever is needed for the post. As the area manager, I will be checking the Ohio pages daily just to see what's new, and see what's going on the page after it is cleaned. Right now it is pretty hard to read, and a little (lot) messy. Hopefully this cleaning and organizing will help fix any and all confusion regarding the state of Ohio. Thanks.

r 8)

b_fost

Jul 16, 2003, 8:49 PM
Post #4 of 6 (1773 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

To anyone who is verifying information, I have a large amount of literature about John Bryan State Park.

Please feel free to PM me about any information conerning that area.

B Fost 8)

spider_woman

Jul 16, 2003, 8:52 PM
Post #5 of 6 (1773 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That would be awesome b_fost.......any and all beta is appreciated. Thanks!!

8)

jinn

Jul 16, 2003, 9:06 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1773 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Information provided will be verified as correct by whatever the best source is available for that particular area.

and how is the best source detemined? for example...if theres an area in dipsute, would the word of someone who has climbed there a few times, or a guide that has been accepted by the majority of climbers in and around that area, be the best source?

what type of cleaning is being done? would this cleaning include renaming area and sections that incorrectly named? what about route descriptions and ratings that are wrong?

i thought a big part of rc.com was this was a grassroots effort? ive noticed that several areas have been update by several different users. it seems that many other areas, which are much larger are maintained fine withouth locking users out. how come the updating and what-not must be done by only one person, while everone else is locked out?

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook