RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Canada

Premier Sponsor:

seynes

Feb 5, 2002, 5:02 PM
Post #1 of 4 (2889 views)
Shortcut

Squamish
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey,
me and my bf want to go climbing in Canada in July. We were thinking of going to Sguamish, but we don't have a car. Is it possible to get to (or near) the climbing area's by bus or train?

paulc

Feb 5, 2002, 6:37 PM
Post #2 of 4 (2889 views)
Shortcut

Squamish [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You can take either the train or the bus up there. Depending when you are coming up here and schedules and where you want to climb etc, I may be able to give you a lift on the weekends. I try to get out every weekend and once during the week, but that all depends on what is happening.

Lots of climbers take the regular bus to N Van and then hitch up there. Most climbers/mountainbikers will pick up a fellow soul if they have room.

Paul

krustyklimber

Feb 5, 2002, 7:35 PM
Post #3 of 4 (2889 views)
Shortcut

Squamish [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, I would try the train, I sat and belayed my partner for a long aid pitch(7hrs) and I saw a couple different passenger lines go by below me. One of them is the Banff Mountain Express, a beautiful old restored passenger train (I saw a show on PBS.) but it is probably terribly expensive. Check with a travel agent for other trains. The highway to Squamish is very twisted and steep and would make a long and miserable busride, in my opinion I think the train is a great idea, or hooking up with a ride from as far as Seattle is totaly possible. Best of luck!
Jeff

timhinck

Feb 5, 2002, 7:37 PM
Post #4 of 4 (2889 views)
Shortcut

Squamish [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My friends and I are flying into Vancouver in June to climb. You can take a Greyhound Bus from the airport to the crag for just 8 dollars. That's probably your best bet. That info comes from the great guidebook "Squamish Select".

peace,

tim

Forums : Climbing Partners : Canada

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook