Forums: Community: The Ladies' Room:
Please Help Stacey Pay for Her Lung Transplant!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

iamthewallress

Sep 12, 2003, 5:47 PM
Post #1 of 2 (610 views)
Shortcut

Please Help Stacey Pay for Her Lung Transplant!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

I posted this originally in General so that it would hit the front page, but I wanted to be sure that everyone in the Ladies Room saw it since Stacey has worked so tirelessly to introduce women to climbing...

http://www.rockclimbing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=39579&forum=23

Stacey Li Colver manages Twisters climbing gym in Mountain View and coaches their childrens competative team. She founded the SF Bay Area Chapert of SheClimbs several years ago, and this last year went on to become the national president of this large women's climbing organization. In my time with SheClimbs, I've seen her get so many young girls and women of all ages stoked on this amazing activity. In fact, it's through SheClimbs that I took my first 'real' climbing trip, and Stacey stepped up to be my partner.

Sadly, Stacey has recently been diagnosed with an incredibly rare disease known as lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM). Statistically, it is fatal within 10 years of diagnosis unless she can get a lung transplant. Her case is in an advanced state.

Her positivity through all of this is blowing me away. She got a 50 ft. tube for her oxygen so that she can climb in the gym. Word has it that she's still cranking the hard 5.12 moves, but needs to stop often to catch her breath.

Stacey's friends and family have started "The Windsong Foundation" to help pay for the cost of her transplant. On Oct. 7th there will be a fundraiser at Twisters that will be a combination potluck, climbing fiesta, and birthday celebration for Stacey.

For more information see www.windsongfoundation.org or PM me to receive an e-vite.

iamthewallress

Sep 12, 2003, 5:47 PM
Post #2 of 2 (610 views)
Shortcut

iamthewallress locked this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

iamthewallress has locked this thread.

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook