RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Indoor Gyms

Premier Sponsor:

gemiller

Sep 22, 2003, 2:31 PM
Post #1 of 12 (3178 views)
Shortcut

Holds?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Which holds do you like the most? I am building a wall in our barn(old school huge cow barn) it will be actually really large and I plan to put a few overhangs in it and all that good stuff, my dad likes rock climbing too so I have full support and help. But I want to know what company holds do you like the best. I tried metolius holds and I really liked them but I never tried any others.

soulsurfer

Sep 22, 2003, 3:55 PM
Post #2 of 12 (3178 views)
Shortcut

Re: Holds? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I really like Voodoo holds. Great shapes and finger friendly. I also like Metolius and Franklin holds. I have at least 75-100 or so Voodoo holds on my wall because I like them so much. I have a few other brands that I bought to see if they were any good. I will not be buying anymore of those brands just because I did not like their texture and shapes. I will not name then because other people do like them so it is personal preference. Buy a handful of a few different brands just to see the differences though. You might have a different preference.

Have fun and don't over train! :D

Partner pianomahnn

Sep 23, 2003, 1:12 AM
Post #3 of 12 (3178 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I can now say that Nicros holds are at least worth looking at. They've come full circle in developing non-shit holds (shapes, texture, etc), but the prices are still quite expensive.

I've always enjoyed pusher, franklin, and voodoo. I actually blew up a franklin hold a comp once, though. That was wicked cool and crappy at the same time.

Variety is where it's at. Buy from a variety of different companies to ensure the best climbing.

xanx

Sep 23, 2003, 1:27 AM
Post #4 of 12 (3178 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

voodoo

pusher

stone age

crater holds for screw ons

for cheap holds: Morganic and http://www.cheapholds.com

gemiller

Sep 23, 2003, 1:49 AM
Post #5 of 12 (3178 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the quick replies guys! I will look into all these hold companies soon!

bertman

Sep 23, 2003, 2:33 AM
Post #6 of 12 (3178 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Also, if you want some custom happiness, i'm currently working on starting a hold company myself. I've got the mix down and all that, just need a bit more money and some designs. If you want to design your own and mail it to me, i will make you a few of your design for free if i can use the design in the future. :) Just PM me if interested

shnobe

Sep 23, 2003, 3:14 AM
Post #7 of 12 (3178 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ottsix and the pusher screw-on's are really sweet, plus with screw-ons you can move them around and create really differant routes.
good luck!!!

Partner tyify

Sep 23, 2003, 4:31 AM
Post #8 of 12 (3178 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I personally love morganic Climbings holds...you can ask em for a free sample...They are very nice...And SO cheap!...and on a teen agers budget this matters!

gemiller

Sep 24, 2003, 11:26 PM
Post #9 of 12 (3178 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bertman! i am very interested! i will pm you now!

peanutbutterandjelly

Sep 25, 2003, 10:26 PM
Post #10 of 12 (3178 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think that the holds with the best texture are nicros. The complany that has the best overall holds is Voodoo with pusher being the second best. Nicros are cheaper then the two brands. Atomik holds has a decent texture and the designs are pretty cool. They are my favorite "cheap" hold manufacture.

realization

Sep 27, 2003, 2:54 PM
Post #11 of 12 (3178 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If your looking for high end holds, i'd look at So iLL holds, that's my preference, they're a fairly new company, but they're great people, and they're awesome holds, I'd definitly look into www.soillholds.com if your looking for some high quality holds. But then again that's just my preference! you have to try out holds for yourself to see what you like. Good luck with the wall!
-mike

thegogirl

Oct 6, 2003, 2:57 AM
Post #12 of 12 (3178 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My home wall is mostly Pusher-great variety, price and awesome customer services. Voodoo are nice but training specific with the texture (dual) and tend to look slick ad shiny; slippery with minimal versatility. Franklns are pretty but very, very delicate in terms of expense and easy breakage; Groperz has way great slopers and pinches-large and extra large. Pusher on the large and extra large are also "the bomb"-shapes are good for open hand/contact strength. They send the bolts, too all nice and greasy!

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Indoor Gyms

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook