RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

maria

Oct 21, 2003, 5:00 PM
Post #1 of 4 (494 views)
Shortcut

Climbing mothers
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have a question for women with small children: do you still climb much? do you find the time?

crazygirl

Oct 22, 2003, 2:53 PM
Post #2 of 4 (494 views)
Shortcut

Re: Climbing mothers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Not only do they not have the time to climb, but they don't have the time to check the internet.

russmanswife

Oct 22, 2003, 9:50 PM
Post #3 of 4 (494 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

before i got pregnant we were going climbing at least once a week, plus we have a climbing wall in our garage so it isn't hard to get a quick fix. now after baby i am just getting ready to start climbing again to help get rid of some babyfat hopefully we can get some climbing in soon i really missed it.

bobbi

p.s. sorry i didn't mention we have two kids a 2 1/2 yr old and a seven week old. and we have very willing babysitters which helps alot!

dar-la-la
Deleted

Oct 23, 2003, 9:03 PM
Post #4 of 4 (494 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes, climbing does not end when you have children. My son is two and we take him everywhere we go. We started taking him climbing when he was 3 months old. It is hard to climb when he's around sometimes, but thank god for my awesome husband. When I am climbing he takes our son hiking or keeps him busy and vice versa. We get more climbing when we are with friend(s) than just the three of us. Or we will go on sperate trips with friend(s). Our son is at this point where he listen's pretty good and know's not to wander off far, I know that it's only going to get better as he get's older. One inspiring story my husband told me that I would like to share with all climbing parents. My husband met this couple and their 8yr old son at the base of "fine jade" 5.11 desert tower in Utah. And they were telling him that they started climbing with their son at age 3. The father would go up and than they would have the son tied off in the middle of the rope and the mother would stay behind him the whole time showing him what to grab and to give him help through tough moves. Now the boy is 8 years old, holding his own and doing desert climbs with his parents. My son is only 2 and shows great interest in bouldering around and pretends he's chalking up for the next move. It's great! I know that as he gets older climbing trips will be more fun. So, you can climb with children but you need to find time or just take it slow with the little one and enjoy it!!! :D

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook