RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

climbhigh2005

Oct 23, 2003, 10:37 AM
Post #1 of 19 (1799 views)
Shortcut

Which do you perfer climbing with? male/female
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey girls! I was just at my climbing gym last night, and there was 9 guys and I was the only girl.. normally there is 3-4 girls in my area that climb every once in a while, but yesterday I was the only girl, and I dont like bouldering more than 10 feet from my legs to the ground, and the guys were all like "you dont have any balls, its okay"! I was just wondering, if you guys know how I feel?? I mean part of me likes to climb with guys, but its good to have a girl to climb with to relate to! So, who would u perfer climbing with? male/female?

josephine

Oct 23, 2003, 3:18 PM
Post #2 of 19 (1799 views)
Shortcut

Re: Which do you perfer climbing with? male/female [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

no preference,but i climb mostly with men,cuz there are not a lot of girls climbing in the climbing club i am.

rvega

Oct 23, 2003, 4:24 PM
Post #3 of 19 (1799 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've almost always climbed with men but have climbed with girls too. I guess the main reason for that is that most of the girl climbers I know don't own a rack or a rope and we mooch of the guys for the stuff.

But now that I have everything necessary I've taken a lot of woman outdoors and its like girls night out but outside and climbing rocks. I think it is wonderful way to spend time with girlfriends that need some support and female commordory. Builds self-esteem and confidence like nothing else.

fyreflii

Oct 23, 2003, 7:07 PM
Post #4 of 19 (1799 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've never really climbed with any other females, and I don't know how I would like it. In the "real" world, I'm very intimidated by women and I think it would probably carry over into climbing. I like being "one of the guys" but still having that extra little security of knowing they like to take care of me. With other girls present, I would probably be very insecure and not act like myself (belching, goofing around, blowing my nose over my shoulder on-route).

miarock

Oct 23, 2003, 8:04 PM
Post #5 of 19 (1799 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I used to pretty much just climb with guys, because they were the only ones I knew. Now I have several good girlfriends I climb with all the time. I can relate to them better on and off the rock, also women encourage each other differently than men do and that I enjoy. Plus I can't get away with wimping out as much with my girlfriends as I could with my ex-boyfriend and it is good not to always be in the "comfort zone".

crazygirl

Oct 23, 2003, 8:12 PM
Post #6 of 19 (1799 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I like to climb with my parakeet. He does really well on slabs and crimpers. He doesn't have the strengh to pull an overhang yet, but if he continues to train, he'll be able to do it soon. i'm teaching him to place gear, but he still prefers bouldering to trad.

powerpuff

Oct 23, 2003, 9:06 PM
Post #7 of 19 (1799 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I usually climb with guys, but I find it quite refreshing climbing with girls. I think I generally find women more nurturing of each other and I think it's good to have that kind of influence every now and then.

onemistakebigpancake

Oct 23, 2003, 9:09 PM
Post #8 of 19 (1799 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i only climb with one other girl... wish i could find a couple more. The other women at the climbing gym are either with BFs or climb way harder and seem to have no other time for others or just surrounded by other hard climbing men.

katydid

Oct 23, 2003, 10:13 PM
Post #9 of 19 (1799 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I like to climb with anyone who's out to have fun. Doesn't matter what their plumbing is.

k.

jt512

Oct 24, 2003, 12:58 AM
Post #10 of 19 (1799 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
With other girls present, I would probably be very insecure and not act like myself (belching, goofing around, blowing my nose over my shoulder on-route).

Sounds like you should climb with Hillary.

-Jay

jt512

Oct 24, 2003, 12:59 AM
Post #11 of 19 (1799 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
With other girls present, I would probably be very insecure and not act like myself (belching, goofing around, blowing my nose over my shoulder on-route).

-Jay

climbhigh2005

Oct 24, 2003, 1:01 AM
Post #12 of 19 (1799 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I've never really climbed with any other females, and I don't know how I would like it. In the "real" world, I'm very intimidated by women and I think it would probably carry over into climbing. I like being "one of the guys" but still having that extra little security of knowing they like to take care of me. With other girls present, I would probably be very insecure and not act like myself (belching, goofing around, blowing my nose over my shoulder on-route).

I know exactly how you feel!! I like being one of the guys... and if I do climb with girls, they have to feel the same way!! =P

fyreflii

Oct 24, 2003, 8:02 PM
Post #13 of 19 (1799 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

-Jay

I met her once actually in Sedona. She had the coolest looking 5.10 approach shoes, so I had to go out and buy a pair for myself :)

monkeygirl

Oct 24, 2003, 11:11 PM
Post #14 of 19 (1799 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have only ever climbed with men as my partners, which isn't so much as a choice than who has shown up to climb with me. Although I have climbed with women, I haven't had one as my "partner."

I suppose there is a security knowing that you have someone who weighs (hee-hee) more than yourself at the end of your rope, which I have to deal with when I belay them (not so hee-hee for me). And as a beginner, I'm happy to follow along and just get on the rocks.

I do miss the girlie conversation and comradery. I wish more women were available to climb with. I think it would be a different climbing experience.

This isn't to say that I don't LOVE my regular partner, he's the best and I am most fortunate.

climbs4fun

Oct 24, 2003, 11:17 PM
Post #15 of 19 (1799 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

lol. The girls I climb with are all like that!

climbs4fun

Oct 24, 2003, 11:18 PM
Post #16 of 19 (1799 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

-Jay

I do! I do! :D

climbhigh2005

Oct 25, 2003, 11:54 AM
Post #17 of 19 (1799 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yesterday, I went out with the "girls" and we went to a corn maze... it was really fun.. I miss doing things with my girlfiends, but eversince I started climbing, its been "me and the guys". I love both crowds, but every once in a while its good to hang out with the girls!

climbinggirl33

Oct 25, 2003, 7:43 PM
Post #18 of 19 (1799 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I like to climb with a mixed group . . . but am often "one of the guys."

Since moving to the PNW I've met a lot more women who climb HARD. Saw a whole group of women working some routes down at Smith last weekend which was very cool. Climb On!

If you love to climb and are cool to climb with then I am there. If you are annoying, well then - the climbing could be fun but the road trip will probably bite no matter what sex you are.

B

nnichols

Oct 29, 2003, 5:39 AM
Post #19 of 19 (1799 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'd prefer to climb with guys - most of them have an off-beat sense of humor and my 2 partners and I (both men) enjoy friendly competition and really motivate each other. Girl talk I can have anytime with my nonclimbing friends.

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook