RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Alpine & Ice

Premier Sponsor:

andypro

Nov 27, 2003, 1:34 AM
Post #1 of 1 (865 views)
Shortcut

I love you, Mr. Delivery Man.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Platonicly of course.

So I was looking for leather boots for this season. I ended up skipping them when I got introduced to the Asolo AFS Guida. I've always ahd toruble finding boots that properly fit my feet (they're wide, and most bootmakers use normal to narrow lasts). These puppies though..Oh man. Like a fine leather glove. They're not like having Giant tupperwear boxes on your feet like Invernoes were for me either...Relatively rather slim. It's not cold here yet, so I cant give a good comparison on warmth, but wearing them around earlier tonight to get a feel for them, I doubt I'll lose any toes (not going mountaineering with them or anyhting, and it's usually not TOO cold around here).

I also really like the sole. I'ts pretty low profile. I dont know how that will work out for longevity..but with it's thinner design and limited rocker, it feels great with my Rambo R's (also new :twisted: ). With a little fidling and adjusting on the R's, it was as if they were designed to fit this boot. I cant wait till things actually freeze up enough to get out and put them to the test. Maybe I'll add them to the reviews section once I can try them out proper.

I love new stuff :D

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Alpine & Ice

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook