RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

Partner russman

Jul 31, 2001, 3:00 PM
Post #1 of 7 (4949 views)
Shortcut

Asthma
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

my little brother still has pretty bad asthma. when we were young, he could hardly do really active things becasue he could not breathe. During some Soccer games, he would almost pass out it was so bad. ANyhow...he aslo had a lot of allergies (do you have any) that affected him too. He basically had to change all teh things in his life that was causing him troubles. Instead of playing football he played golf. instead of playing baseball, he hustled all his friends in poker (made lots of $$$ too). He can't stay anywhere overnight where there are animals (cats, dogs) brings it all on hard.

He has used all sorts of inhalers and nebulizers, and air filters. Doing pretty good now...but he knows his limits and does not push it when he starts to have problems.

Partner russman

Jul 31, 2001, 3:25 PM
Post #2 of 7 (4944 views)
Shortcut

Asthma [In reply to]
Report this Post

any of that stuff could affect it. I think he was about the same age you are now too, when things started to get worse. it is pretty well under control now and he is 24, but he still carries an inhaler with him all the time. all you can do is figure out what makes it happen to you and the either try to change the things or areas that you are doing things...or have to jsut live thru the probs, i think.

fiend

Jul 31, 2001, 4:04 PM
Post #3 of 7 (4944 views)
Shortcut

Asthma [In reply to]
Report this Post

Did anyone read It by Stephen King?
Asthma is phsyco-somatic.

krillen

Jul 31, 2001, 4:31 PM
Post #4 of 7 (4944 views)
Shortcut

Asthma [In reply to]
Report this Post

Canada just legalized marijuana for ceratin chrinic illnesses and Asthema is one of them. Probably becasue it relaxes the capliaries etc. in your lungs/airway

kriso9tails

Aug 1, 2001, 12:53 AM
Post #5 of 7 (4944 views)
Shortcut

Asthma [In reply to]
Report this Post

Asthma seems to be the effect of many things. I have a friend who was born with it who needs to carry an inhaler, whereas I developped mild exercise induced asthma, which I don't need anything for. Many people with exercised induced asthma find that if they work out by doing things like running it helps them to breathe easier, but it's hard to escape the smog when you live in a steel town. Pollution sucks. I hate emmissions and like breathing, so I do what I can to keep the air clean, but that gets increasingly hard to do. I think that there will be a massive growth in the # of asthmatic children in thew near future.

gunkjunkie

Aug 1, 2001, 7:25 PM
Post #6 of 7 (4944 views)
Shortcut

Asthma [In reply to]
Report this Post

Hi -
I found that trying to keep my environment at home clean really helped my asthma over all. I have an air purifier in my bedroom and I'm running a dehumidifer to keep down the mold.
Deirdre

verticalearth

Aug 11, 2001, 4:20 PM
Post #7 of 7 (4947 views)
Shortcut

Asthma [In reply to]
Report this Post

check on dust it is usually the main problem with us citydwellers use face mask if possible

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook