Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Where is the bolted route?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

bradlmd

Dec 13, 2003, 5:15 AM
Post #1 of 7 (3216 views)
Shortcut

Where is the bolted route?  (North_America: United_States: Alabama: Southern: Coosa_Slabs)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey man where is the bolted route you were talking about? I didnt see it when i was there. And how many routes do you think are there total?

adrenalinejunky

Dec 13, 2003, 6:04 PM
Post #2 of 7 (3216 views)
Shortcut

Re: Where is the bolted route? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

When the trail you took to get there ends look to the left where ther is a vertical face, it will kind of be hidden with brush and trees(not the big dome face, it is well befor that, right when the trail opens up). ONce you reach the wll walk forward and look up and you will see some bolts. I have never climbed that route, I don't know how old the bolts are, I usually just boulder around there.

Lighterknot

Mar 7, 2007, 4:38 AM
Post #3 of 7 (2145 views)
Shortcut

Re: [adrenalinejunky] Where is the bolted route? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I was there today and didn't see it either. Me and a buddy are going to try to go there this weekend. 10 or 11 Mar. Post up on here if anyone wants to meet us.
Chad

Lighterknot

Jan 7, 2008, 9:48 PM
Post #4 of 7 (1850 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Lighterknot] Where is the bolted route? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Found them yesterday, they are actually 2 very old pins. I walked around the backside and TRd the off-width crack to the left of the pins...

redmanpowell

Jun 20, 2008, 7:40 PM
Post #5 of 7 (1761 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The two pitons in that seam on the boulder with the offwidth go "free" at V5/6 or so. Difficulty really depends on humidity. The problem around the offwidth is quite nice. There is also a piton on the face of the slabs. On the downstream side of the dome, midway up the face, it is nailed in a little crack. There are more bouldering options on the other side of the dome, opposite the dam.

Lighterknot

Jun 21, 2008, 7:39 AM
Post #6 of 7 (1716 views)
Shortcut

Re: [redmanpowell] Where is the bolted route? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

considering i don't boulder V6, I am glad I opted for the TR :) I didn't know there was more stuff downstream of the big slab. i am in Iraq right now but will be back in 2 weeks and wouldn't mind seeing what else is there if you are ever interested.

redmanpowell

Jun 28, 2008, 12:25 AM
Post #7 of 7 (1537 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I would love to meet you out there if I were still in the area, but I moved to n. ga during the winter. It is going to be super humid down there at the moment, but there you could always swim in the river. Other really good toproping options exist on the dome. You can use the trees to set up anchors and then climb the slab routes. there are probably 10 distinct lines on the slab from 5.5-5.11. the starts of many of the routes are right at the water, which is pretty novel. look around the right side of the dome for the other pin. on the side of the dome opposite the parking area there is a good bit more bouldering, though it may be water level dependent. i never had a chance to climb over there, but in the winter it would be good. enjoy the rock and the river. watch your topknot over there. safe thoughts to you in iraq.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook