Forums: Climbing Partners: US - MidWest:
MidwestChat (and pork loin sandwiches the size of my FACE)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - MidWest

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25 Next page Last page  View All

monopocketmojo

Dec 14, 2003, 8:52 PM
Post #276 of 605 (25481 views)
Shortcut

Re: MidwestChat (and pork loin sandwiches the size of my FAC [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Private Reply | Can't Post

i don't understand why you think that i kissed the head...i ashamedly got no love from the inanimate head. i feel cheated. it's just like when i got mono in high school but never kissed anyone. how worthless is that?

pawilkes

Dec 14, 2003, 10:10 PM
Post #277 of 605 (25481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

i haven't contributed much to the site as of yet but i might spend a little time in the near future. some of you (ie Dancingmadlybackwards) know me well, and others, well maybe not. anyhow, im flying to vegas on the 26th of december and will be there until the 3rd. but i am going to be on the river the 31st to the 2nd. we're going to be camped out in the group area, we have about 44 people in our group, no others from the area though. maybe ill see you all out there

phil

quickclips

Dec 15, 2003, 10:10 PM
Post #278 of 605 (25481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Phil, long time no see, welcome. Hopefully I'll see you at boulders and the lake this year.

dancingmadlybackwards

Dec 17, 2003, 1:56 AM
Post #279 of 605 (25481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

YEAH PHIL! shout out to you! will you be climbin at A-Rock over break? I sure hope so... youre a blast to have in the gym, and to watch ya pull surprise whippers on Jen. :lol: :lol:

RACH

pawilkes

Dec 17, 2003, 4:15 AM
Post #280 of 605 (25481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

surprise whippers huh? maybe, i try avoid pissing her off these days, i guess im maturing with age... maybe not though. yeah, i'll be at the gym for a while but im leaving for vegas on the 26th. i will probably be in there every other day or so until i leave though b/c i need to build my endurance back up. days off may very well be spent on the slopes. anyhow, see y'all soon.

mowz

Dec 18, 2003, 6:46 PM
Post #281 of 605 (25481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Hello, author is back. Sorry I couldn't plan any trips. The fault is mine. There were 3 main reasons why the trip never went down: not enough money, poor communication (most on my part), and there is a rumor going around Galyan's that no associate is allowed time off in Early January because of inventory. Why the hell do I and my belayers have to do inventory? We don't sell anything. We just belay bratty little kids and deal with their parents who never buy anything and just climb the wall. We don't see other departments helping us out, but when another department needs help, the climbing wall people are the first ones they ask to help out. We get shafted.
Sorry about that. I'm sure none of you readers care about this but I needed to get that off my shoulders.
I'metty sure that a bunch of you peeps have already planned trips and that's cool. I'm definitely planning a trip for the dawn of Spring aka mid to late feburary. Any ideas? Somewhere cheap and close is preferred. Maybe South? If you guys have ideas, please post them here.
One last thing before I go: I need a steady climbing partner. I've climbed with a number of peeps but none have been steady for a long period of time, except for thegodfather. Anyone interested? Just PM me. I climb at VE on Wed, Fri, and Sat.

Merry X-Mas and don't kill anyone.

Laters.

climbingspaz

Dec 18, 2003, 7:15 PM
Post #282 of 605 (25481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

yo dudes and dudettes:

so i won't be west in december/january, but i will be south.

i'm headed to portrero chico in Mexico first (december 27th - 31st) and then back to the states and reimers (near austin) from the 1st - 3rd.

if anybody lives in/around these areas, let me know. all are welcome.

peace,

CF

thegodfather

Dec 18, 2003, 8:48 PM
Post #283 of 605 (25481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

lets do something nuts...im headed out to cali for spring break to interview for a job out there, but i am thinking of staying the whole week, and its only three hours from yosemite....hmmmmm...granite.....(droooool)....

Partner greenspace

Dec 19, 2003, 2:35 AM
Post #284 of 605 (25481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

glad to see you R back in full effet, YO. well, when you want to go on a road trip, I'm in....i'm also unemployed beginning Friday. and a graduate of Ball State Univeristy after 6.5 long hard years of lots of drinking and spending the governments money on climbing gear and beer....the usual college syndrome i guess......ok enough, one more final and I'm outa here.......good to see you in here again mowz.

brianthew

Dec 22, 2003, 9:29 PM
Post #285 of 605 (25481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Hey all. I'm back in Milwaukee for my winter break, which means my climbing is now done at Adventure Rock. I'm lookin' for someone to climb there with. I'm mainly interested in routes, and even more interested in the lead wall. I'm mainly trying to keep my endurance up over break, so grades are unimportant, I'm just looking for vertical mileage. Will gladly belay on anything, lead or TR.

monopocketmojo

Dec 22, 2003, 9:53 PM
Post #286 of 605 (25481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

6:00-8:00 tonight if you want to climb. I'm dan spors if you know me, or else you can ask the desk who I am.

brianthew

Dec 22, 2003, 11:13 PM
Post #287 of 605 (25481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Can't make it tonight. When else are you around? My work schedule is chaotic but usually after 5:30-6 I'm around, and usually down at AR.

corpse

Dec 26, 2003, 10:48 PM
Post #288 of 605 (25481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

So this thread has been all over the place - too hard to think or remember what anyone has talked about or planned...

Any of you going to be in j-tree from say, Jan 8th-17th? Or anytime in between.. Or Red Rocks for that matter.. I'm plannin on "camping" at my dads house, who's like half an hour from j-tree; but with a rental car my partner and I might even try and hit red rocks too for a few days - I guess it all depends on how weather is too.

Partner neuroshock

Dec 26, 2003, 11:00 PM
Post #289 of 605 (25481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Any of you going to be in j-tree from say, Jan 8th-17th?

i'm in talks w/ a friend of mine about going out there 1/14-1/18. she'd be extending a visit to LA for business and i'd be taking a mini-vacation.

in case the dates work out...what did you have in mind for jtree? whether or not we join up would depend if we have similar/same goals, n'est-ce pas?

corpse

Dec 27, 2003, 3:34 AM
Post #290 of 605 (25481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Any of you going to be in j-tree from say, Jan 8th-17th?

i'm in talks w/ a friend of mine about going out there 1/14-1/18. she'd be extending a visit to LA for business and i'd be taking a mini-vacation.

in case the dates work out...what did you have in mind for jtree? whether or not we join up would depend if we have similar/same goals, n'est-ce pas?

For me, I'm a newbie leader.. Having led only a few routes in devils lake, so I'd like to get some more good leads in - for j-tree, I'll lead a 5.5/5.6, maybe 5.7 if my nuts are there ;-) But I can follow or tr stuff around 10a'ish..

I have some ideas of places I want to climb out there - mainly places that I tr'ed or followed on before, that I want to lead now.

pawilkes

Dec 30, 2003, 10:03 PM
Post #291 of 605 (25481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

FYI: any A Rock people looking for me at Red Rocks will not find me there. i am on my way home right now after decking from about 25 feet. happy climbing, and wear a helmet (trust me)

midwestslacker

Dec 31, 2003, 10:26 PM
Post #292 of 605 (25481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Sorry to hear about the bad news phil. Jen told me a couple of days ago, though I dont remember the damage report. Hope it heals up for you. How was the weather and climbing before all this went down?

dan

ramylson

Dec 31, 2003, 11:22 PM
Post #293 of 605 (25481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Aw-man! That really sucks.. and, I can say that because I've been there.
Hope everything turns out though. Look at the bright side, you'll have some time before spring to heal since climbing here in Wisconsin isn't really a current possibility.

Any details?

pawilkes

Jan 2, 2004, 5:46 AM
Post #294 of 605 (25481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

this may come a bit late for Dan but it is pretty cold out there. if you haven't been watching the news Vegas got about 3" of snow in areas and by "areas" they mean Summerlin, the posh-ish western suburb that is just east of I-215 on Charleston, the road that takes you into the Red Rocks Conservation Area. i am sure that means lots of snow at the camp ground but chances are it all melted off. with all the snow/rain the rock is going to be really soft and likely to break off, especially in less climbed areas, so be think about what routes you're doing and take this into consideration.

As far as myself, i won't know much more for a few days. i had x-rays taken in Vegas and they showed a "Tibial plateau Depression" which basically means i smashed in the top of my tibia (ie knee) during the impact. i will know more on monday when i'll hopefully have a CAT scan and/or an MRI done to look at any possible ligament damage. surgery is a possibillity. so far i have noticed no result from hitting my head twice on the way down, i was wearing my helmet and don't remember hitting it so the impact couldn't have been too bad.

details of the fall: the climb is in the Great Red Book area, its a 5.8 just to the right of the little pine tree that is growing in a crack in the rocks. the first bolt is pretty high (probably 25 feet) but the whole area is pretty run out. anyhow, i had found a pretty easy line up to the first bolt and was about 4-6 feet to the left of the bolt when my foot chip broke and well, you can figure out the rest. the fall is pretty difficult to describe in person so i am not really going to describe it here. the only real thing to know is that my right leg hit first with my tibia absorbing the brunt of the force, hence the injury. if you've ever climbed in this area you can imagine the difficulty of evacuation. the crew that got me out was absolutely terrific and we made awesome time (which is really good because we only had about 25 minutes of daylight left when we got to the cars)

well if you got this far thanks for caring. i am not going to be at the gym anytime soon since 1. i can't climb 2. it would probably just depress me and 3. my parents aren't letting me drive so i am pretty much 15 all over again, this part sucks majorly. anyhow, take it easy all. keep safe.

mowz

Jan 5, 2004, 7:07 PM
Post #295 of 605 (25481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Alright peeps. The destination for my mid/late February trip has been tentatively decided. It is: Red River Gorge. Unless I have the money to go to the New River Gorge. What do you all think? I know Greenspace wants to go badly. I will be travelling during the week so as to avoid the crowds. Who wants to go? PM me.

Laters.

mowz

Jan 5, 2004, 7:08 PM
Post #296 of 605 (25481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Oh, yeah. Maybe Arkansas, too.

Laters.

Partner greenspace

Jan 5, 2004, 7:32 PM
Post #297 of 605 (25481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

After reading pawilkes message I was almost too drained to read yours MowZ....but I made it through.
No offence pawilkes.
MowZ, you are always skeemin, it better happen this time, I hope florida chick is downt here for you to harrass...
later

erickaclimbstoo

Jan 7, 2004, 12:51 AM
Post #298 of 605 (25481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Hey all...so how was everyones trips??? Well a bit about me....New years I got hit with a snowmobile....back is killing me. But that won't stop me from climbing!

Mowz....do you have to climb druing the week some of us WORK! I do have a 3 day weekend in Feb and have a bad itch to climb!

VE anyone going and when? Need to climb and get back....my sprained wrist is getting so much better and told me it's ready to climb :wink:

mowz

Jan 7, 2004, 3:58 AM
Post #299 of 605 (25481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

OK!!!!! I'm going to Arkansas for the trip. Most likely late Feb. Who wants to go. I plan on during the week because there will be less people to bother me.

Ericka, I'm at VE on Wed and Fri mornings and Sat nights. Meet me there and I'll meat you there. Hehe.

Who wants some Arkansas rock? PM me

Greenspace, come on.

Laters.

thegodfather

Jan 7, 2004, 7:58 PM
Post #300 of 605 (25481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

hey, keep me updated on that trip, i wanna go...is it going to be sport or trad? i'd prefer trad, because (get this mowz) the meg-a-lo got me some metolius power cams for x-mas...what'd i tell ya man? she's a keeper...but yeah, i would like to arkansas, i dont know about during the week, tho. hey, would you be able to get off work for my spring break, so we can take a road trip and do something stupid and fun? i was thinking AZ, because i got a friend out there with a pad that we can crash at. anyone else interested? first week of march i believe it is... let me know.
staats

First page Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - MidWest

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook