Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Climbing near College Rock, MA?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

brittamac

Feb 20, 2004, 12:06 PM
Post #1 of 4 (2781 views)
Shortcut

Climbing near College Rock, MA?  (North_America: United_States: Idaho: Twin_Falls: City_of_Rocks_National_Reserve: Morning_Glory_Spire)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I live about 1/2 mile from College Rock in Hopkinton. Its completely convenient, and I can go climb for a couple of hours and be home in 5 minutes, but its definatley not a secret anymore, so it can really get crowded. I'd like to find some other places in the area where I can get in a little climbing or bouldering without being in the car for a couple of hours. Any good ideas in the Western Burbs? Thanks! :D

Partner taualum23

Feb 20, 2004, 1:22 PM
Post #2 of 4 (2781 views)
Shortcut

Re: Climbing near College Rock, MA? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Brittamac--I recommend you pop on the mass climbers thread, and ask around there. WE're a friendly bunch (aside from a good deal of good-natured ribbing) and lots of people who may have some ideas for you are usually around.

Josh

olderic

Feb 20, 2004, 2:51 PM
Post #3 of 4 (2781 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Also checkout www.newenglangbouldering.com. There are (rather old) directions to a couple of the Milford spots. CR hs the greatest concentration of roped climbing but the Hopkinton, Holliston, Milford woods are full of quality bouldering.

hollister_climber

Dec 6, 2004, 10:12 PM
Post #4 of 4 (2781 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Many boulder are abound in Holliston. On Winter St. there are two big bouldeers that look fun to climb, yet I havn't tried it out yet. If you continue going up Winter St. there is a turnoff onto Winter crossing. Along this road is a fairly good size boulder. In Daniels property, there is rumored to be a boulder, potentially even some top rope. I have vague memories of going there like five year ago but I havn't been there since. If going to Daniel's rock I would take the entrance by the Historic Society, as the woods arn't private property. Down by Lake Withrop there is a good sized boulder about 500 yds. from the parking lot. For some quality buildering there is Miller with its two brick chimneys about 2ft across and Village Plaza with uncut bricks and a 2-story route around back.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook