Forums: Climbing Partners: US - Mountain States:
Front Range climbing partners - ongoing thread
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 288 Next page Last page  View All

ajoys

Feb 29, 2004, 8:40 PM
Post #1 of 7199 (292261 views)
Shortcut

Front Range climbing partners - ongoing thread
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Just moved to colorado (Evergreen) from SoCal and I am looking for partners.

Have been climbing on and off for three years, 80% of the time at JTree with the rest at williamson and tahquitz.

I don't climb all that hard at the moment, (5.8/9sh following, depending on type of climb, with some lead climbing, hope to lead more), but I am very safe and knowledgable, very comfortable placing pro and setting up anchors etc.... Most of my past climbing has been trad, multi pitch at tahquitz with some sport and bouldering thrown in. I also have some very limited aid climbing experience, no ice climbing experience. I am up for anything, sport, trad, bouldering, leisure day of top roping etc... doesn't matter, just want to get back out on the rock. I have enough gear for everything but aid.

Indoor climbing is OK too, rockn & jamn north or paradise.

Ideally I would like to hook up with someone who climbs harder (shouldn't be hard to find that :D ) so that I can start to push myself, lead more, get better etc.. but it really doesn't matter, I just want to get out and have some fun.

ajoys27 at yahoo.com

zozo

Feb 29, 2004, 9:38 PM
Post #2 of 7199 (292203 views)
Shortcut

Re: Font Range, CO, looking for partners [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Im going to be moving up to Boulder/Arvada soon and am in the springs right now. I think we are probably in the same boat skill wise but I climb with some people who are alot better than I am for the same reasons. Just pm me when your interested.

timstich

Feb 29, 2004, 9:50 PM
Post #3 of 7199 (292203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've had a hell of a time getting people to climb this winter. Just moved to Denver area myself. I've been out plenty of times, but not often enough. Let's all get together and do some climbing. I'm PM both you guys with my contact info.

zozo

Feb 29, 2004, 9:53 PM
Post #4 of 7199 (292203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ive been driving up to boulder three times a week and the Flatirons look pretty intriguing!!

powrslave

Feb 29, 2004, 10:37 PM
Post #5 of 7199 (292203 views)
Shortcut

Re: Front Range, CO, looking for partners [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I am just outside of Denver and need partners woohoo. Especially this spring. I mostly have sport experience, but am willing to do trad with the right people. Let me know.

Partner angry

Mar 1, 2004, 2:08 AM
Post #6 of 7199 (292203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I too am new to Denver. I do trad or boulder, not a sport climber as evidenced by the fights I pick on this site. Not sure what kind of time I'll have but I'd like to get out once a week this spring and summer. I climb a bit harder than 5.8-5.9 but I imagine you'll catch on to the harder stuff rather quick. I'll send out some PM's too.

crazyfingers

Mar 2, 2004, 4:04 AM
Post #7 of 7199 (292203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am looking for partners in the Denver area also. Drop me a line, mostly boulder but do some sport climbing and TR also. I am member at rockn and jamn in Thorton. Looking forward to the new gym to open down south. Can't wait for warmer weather to get outside on real rock. Try to climb 3 days/nights a week Tues, Thurs and Sun. Send me a PM if you're going to be up at R&J.

Cheers,

KT

hstewart

Mar 2, 2004, 4:21 AM
Post #8 of 7199 (292203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i recently moved to boulder and am also looking for partners in the area. i love to get out to eldo on warm days, and not opposed to checking out some sport areas.

i also pull plastic at BRC two or three times a week.

pm if you're interested.

timstich

Mar 2, 2004, 6:52 AM
Post #9 of 7199 (292203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Ive been driving up to boulder three times a week and the Flatirons look pretty intriguing!!

I've got the guide book. Did a little climbing on the First once. I hike around there frequently, so I'm pretty familiar with the place now. If you want to hit some routes there, I'm all over that. Of course, there are many raptor closures there, but many good areas are open.

hawk233

Mar 4, 2004, 4:41 AM
Post #10 of 7199 (292203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Add yet another person who needs partners.

I sport, toprope, and boulder.

Solid 5.8, onsight 5.9 90% of the time, and can occasionally whip out a 5.10 and even have been know to do an 11.

I want to learn trad so if you need a second I'm all to happy to apply.

Finally, I'm a pilot and will be doing my mountain flight training soon, so cool climbs that would normally require some lengthly driving can be made alot shorter by plane.

elcommunisto

Mar 6, 2004, 12:40 PM
Post #11 of 7199 (292203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm also looking for a partner. I've got an off-peak membership to Rock'n & Jam'n (9-11 pm, M-F), and I'd like to meet more people in the area. I'd also love to try some outdoor climbing this year, so anybody that might be interested in helping an outdoor newbie would be appreciated.

Thanks!
EC

timstich

Mar 6, 2004, 1:13 PM
Post #12 of 7199 (292203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So, who's going to climb this Sunday? PM me if you want a belay on some sport routes. Or e-mail me at timstich@yahoo.com. We'll be heading out at a decent morning hour, neither too early nor too late. No problem if you want to join us.

zozo

Mar 6, 2004, 1:31 PM
Post #13 of 7199 (292203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey,

I just pm'ed a bunch of you guys. Id love to get a group together, and it sounds like were all fairly new to the area and climbing in general. Im still in the springs and my plans to move up to Denver have ben pushed back but Im still going up to Boulder 3 days a week.

My schedule is thus...

In Boulder Mon, Wed, and Fri - could gym it in Boulder or Denver after 5:30. I climb at Paradise sometimes on thurs nights to.

Free all day Tues and Thurs, Sat and Sun. I forget who it was but Im real interested in climbing at the flatirons. Are Raptor closings just a spring thing?

If anyone is interested in climbing at the garden feel free to give me a buzz.

Later

timstich

Mar 6, 2004, 1:40 PM
Post #14 of 7199 (292203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll be swining in from my job in BFE Longmont pretty soon to boulder up in the areas near the Flatirons soon as the weather gets less snowy. I'll bring all of my gear just in case some routes can be done, but sunlight-wise I'm thinking bouldering is the ticket. A friend of mine in Boulder agrees. After that, post-work climbing in spring will be the weekly ritual, either Eldo, Flatirons, Boulder Canyon or Clear Creek and Golden. Climb until dark, and I do mean dark. Weekends climb at least one full day, meaning all day. Road tripping in spring. No money for flying trips, but hopefully later in the year.

A'ight.

zozo

Mar 6, 2004, 1:52 PM
Post #15 of 7199 (292203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll pack all my gear in my trunk!

timstich

Mar 6, 2004, 2:09 PM
Post #16 of 7199 (292203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh and, just a suggestion everyone. Unless you have plans to do multi-pitch or backcountry routes, there's no reason to keep the group small other than you are into that mindset. If you think climbing with one person is the only way to go, then like Mr. T., I pity you. I've seen people climb like that and have these exclusive arrangements evaporate, leaving them without a climbing partner. Que disastre!

If you were going to break out of the Gulag, would you just bring one partner? No, you would be wise to bring a third. If one of you dies on the frozen tundra, this leaves a hot meal for his comrades. It is a model of redundancy that works. Bring a backup when cragging.

nthusiastj

Mar 6, 2004, 4:30 PM
Post #17 of 7199 (292203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, Can I get in on this too? I am pretty new to Boulder, but having trouble finding partners. I climb 2x a week at the BRC (T,TH) and try to get outside on the weekend. I am leading .8 trad right now, but want to get solid at .9 or higher this year. I also lead about .10d sport and would like to step that up too. I live about 10 min from Eldo and the Flatirons and LOVE Lumpy Ridge. Give me a call or PM if you anyone wants to get out or in the gym. 703-867-0153

Jeremy

zozo

Mar 6, 2004, 4:58 PM
Post #18 of 7199 (292203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just spoke with a friend who told me alot of the climbs at the flatirons are really runout and thin on protection - I would love to climb there I just think someone with much more lead experience would be good to have for those.

How does Golden Cliffs sound next saturday to everyone?

braon

Mar 6, 2004, 5:08 PM
Post #19 of 7199 (292203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm looking to head out Monday if anyone's interested. I was thinking somewhere in South Platte, but am open for most anything. Since I'm coming down from Vail, it doesn't really matter to me where I go. PM me or email to bswickes at hotmail.

kinch

Mar 7, 2004, 6:27 PM
Post #20 of 7199 (292203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Golden Cliffs next Sat sounds great to me. PM me and we can arrange time, place, etc.

zozo

Mar 7, 2004, 6:47 PM
Post #21 of 7199 (292203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So far I know of Myself, timstich and hstewart plus some others are planning to Climb at Golden Cliffs next sat. Details coming later. Looking forward to meeting everybody.

nthusiastj

Mar 7, 2004, 8:01 PM
Post #22 of 7199 (292203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Golden cliffs sound good to me for Sat. What about Eldo for Sun?

Jeremy

ajoys

Mar 8, 2004, 12:40 AM
Post #23 of 7199 (292203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am up for it.

Just let me know where and what time.

I am assuming golden cliffs is a sport climbing area, yes?

Eldo sounds good to but I can't lead up anything even remotely challenging, yet.

timstich

Mar 8, 2004, 3:56 AM
Post #24 of 7199 (292203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I just spoke with a friend who told me alot of the climbs at the flatirons are really runout and thin on protection - I would love to climb there I just think someone with much more lead experience would be good to have for those.

How does Golden Cliffs sound next saturday to everyone?

Oh, don't let the runouts bother you on the Flatirons. They are fine. The rock is solid and provides good friction. And, I might add, many of them are rated below 5.3. My wife and I climbed a 5.0 even on the First. Three pitches of 5.0. Where else can you find something that easy? And I could get good pro.

The main pain in the ass with the Flatirons is the wildlife closures. They have complex maps showing what is closed. The Third is off limits until August for example. No matter, though. There are tons of areas out there like the Seal, the Matron, the whole First, The Slab, The Amphitheater, and so on. Snow and ice on the rock is what's keeping me away at the moment.

timstich

Mar 8, 2004, 3:58 AM
Post #25 of 7199 (292203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Golden cliffs sound good to me for Sat. What about Eldo for Sun?

Jeremy

If the six inches of snow melt in Eldo by Sunday, then it would be fine. We just chose Golden Cliffs because it was snow free on Saturday. I can now confirm that much of the snow in the canyons near Denver is melting. We climbed at Highwire Crag in Clear Creek and were sweating today. Nice.

Many of us were talking about doing a sport outing as our first gig, but I would be willing to switch to Eldo if that is the consensus. I prefer climbing there myself and have lead about a dozen or so routes out there now at Wind Tower, Redgarden, and West Ridge.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 288 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook