Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Saturday (Mar 27 2004) Belated thanks
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

melancholy

Mar 29, 2004, 9:35 AM
Post #1 of 1 (1260 views)
Shortcut

Saturday (Mar 27 2004) Belated thanks  (North_America: United_States: California: Riverside_County: Big_Rock)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I just wanted to give a belated thanks to whomever was down at the bottom helping my girlfriend and I out this past Saturday while I was blindly looking around for the anchors for the top of the Trough. It goes to show that having local knowledge definitely helps as our climbing guidebook had a few anchor placements that were moved or not shown.

At any rate, I had lead the route up with a 60m rope, but didn't particularly feel the 5.5 rating due to the slickness of the rock. Passing the 9th bolt (I totally missed the first set of anchors midway which would've made a nice place to split it into a second pitch), I climbed straight up the trough looking for that last set of anchors and instead found myself tugging at the end of the rope. Luckily, some very helpful folks down below told me approximately where to find the other anchors and I finally was able to spot them after craning my head around the edge of the trough. After an annoying downclimb, I guessed at what level the anchors would be at (it takes a bit of diligence to keep peeking over the edge to see where the anchors were when I was still in the water slide) and traversed my way across to some lovely anchors.

Anyway, thanks again if anyone happens to be reading this and it just goes to show how climbers will go out of their way to help folks in need. Beautiful place to climb though and perfect weather although a bit warm during the mid-afternoon. Lake Perris will definitely more visits out of me in the future with the great views and variety of other activities possible in the area.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook