RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

rvega

Apr 4, 2004, 7:42 PM
Post #1 of 16 (1521 views)
Shortcut

Tho?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Yesterday I went for a run in my typical exercise outfit and while it wasn't cold out I got many a stare at my chest area. I don't have big brests but I have persistant THO (titty hard on as we call it). When I'm hot, cold, asleep or awake my nipples are hard as a rock. It makes me so uncomfortable that people feel the need to stare. After years of comments on me being cold or arosed I started to wear padded bras under my sports bra or tank top. But its very hot and makes my brests ache afterwards. I know the best idea is too just not care but after 20 minutes of snide comments by people I run past (duh, I can hear you) I'm sort of sick to death of it. Any suggestions?

Partner pianomahnn

Apr 4, 2004, 9:14 PM
Post #2 of 16 (1521 views)
Shortcut

Re: Tho? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Carry a bat and beat these people.

I can hardly believe there are enough people who actually say stuff that warrents your genuine concern. Gah, what the hell is wrong with people?

Sorry people have to be such assclowns. THO is a part of life. What's the big deal? "OMFG THAT WOMAN HAS POINTY NIPPLES!!!!GASPOMFG" It's lame.

So, in conclusion, I'm a guy and don't have this problem. But these people who say stuff suck and should be beaten.

amstone

Apr 4, 2004, 10:06 PM
Post #3 of 16 (1521 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You could try a diversion tactic......Stick some salami down the front of your pants and enjoy the reactions. I bet that would stop the nipple comments. :wink: In all seriousness....people are generally idiots and self absorbed. Maybe try the washable nursing pads....pads that new moms use when they are nursing a baby to absorb leakage....they are cotton and soft and cheap at wal mart or Target...

climbingurlie

Apr 4, 2004, 11:32 PM
Post #4 of 16 (1521 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I dunno if these would work or how expensive they are or if they'd stay on, but what about those little "stick-on" things that some women wear if wearing a strapless bra isn't an option? 'Course, you just gotta remember that guys are stupid, so what they think doesn't matter, right? All though, I gotta admit, that salami idea is hilarious... :lol:

rvega

Apr 5, 2004, 4:53 PM
Post #5 of 16 (1521 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I dunno if these would work or how expensive they are or if they'd stay on, but what about those little "stick-on" things that some women wear if wearing a strapless bra isn't an option? 'Course, you just gotta remember that guys are stupid, so what they think doesn't matter, right? All though, I gotta admit, that salami idea is hilarious... :lol:

Actually I've tried that bit for a formal affair once, and they don't work; you can still see the THO through them. Plus they are extremely silly and you can see the little flower shape stick out in your dress. I like the idea about the maternity pads, hadn't thought about that. And the salami thing is fabulous. If they did say something I could whip it out and beat them with it as the first person mentioned.

kimmyt

Apr 5, 2004, 5:13 PM
Post #6 of 16 (1521 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
If they did say something I could whip it out and beat them with it as the first person mentioned.

And then have a snack for later!

j_dub

Apr 5, 2004, 6:57 PM
Post #7 of 16 (1521 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wear dark colors or patterns. I refuse to wear light colored tight-fitting shirts for this reason.. but with dark colors and patterned fabrics, your nipplage isn't even noticeable.

dude, sometimes a girl gets COLD! :lol: I don't appreciate having my chest stared at. Anyways, dark colors and patterny-stuff is also good because a) the pits never turn yellow, b) you don't get really obvious sweat spots, and c) dirt doesnt show up (note: you should still WASH your clothes. heh.)

timstich

Apr 6, 2004, 2:34 AM
Post #8 of 16 (1521 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Alright, most of you women have referred to this product and that product, so I'll suggest something you can make. Depending on what size you need, cut out small discs of plastic from something like a square milk jug. Then tape them down with whatever tape you feel is the most comfortable. Boxing tape will stick like the devil, whereas athletic tape less so. Or you could use gum arabic or band aids with the little plastic dics underneath.

Viola.

j_dub

Apr 6, 2004, 3:29 AM
Post #9 of 16 (1521 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Alright, most of you women have referred to this product and that product, so I'll suggest something you can make. Depending on what size you need, cut out small discs of plastic from something like a square milk jug. Then tape them down with whatever tape you feel is the most comfortable. Boxing tape will stick like the devil, whereas athletic tape less so. Or you could use gum arabic or band aids with the little plastic dics underneath.

Viola.

please dont tell me you're fucking serious. :shock:

timstich

Apr 6, 2004, 4:44 AM
Post #10 of 16 (1521 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
please dont tell me you're f---ing serious. :shock:

Does this sound dangerous or something?

climbingurlie

Apr 6, 2004, 5:39 AM
Post #11 of 16 (1521 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Hmmm... Sounds like any sharp edges could put a nipple out... Ah ha! There's your solution! :P

jumpingrock

Apr 6, 2004, 5:39 AM
Post #12 of 16 (1521 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Ya for that poor soul reaching in for a grab after a hot sexy date :roll:

timstich

Apr 6, 2004, 12:55 PM
Post #13 of 16 (1521 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Hmmm... Sounds like any sharp edges could put a nipple out... Ah ha! There's your solution! :P

You could use thin cardboard as well. That plastic from milk jugs is pretty pliable and soft. So while you are sewing your own harness and gear slings, hey, why not?

timstich

Apr 6, 2004, 3:45 PM
Post #14 of 16 (1521 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In theater, those of us who had similar issues (imagine reciting Shakespeare with big ole THOs!) used to use tape. Take a couple of layers of climbing tape and stick it on snugly. Should work. Might hurt a little ripping it off, though.

Like anything stuck to your skin, taking a shower first with soap is advised.

rockcanyonjunkie

Apr 7, 2004, 2:26 AM
Post #15 of 16 (1521 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The nursing pads don't work all that great. My wife is nursing and therefore wears them, and I can definately still tell when she has THO. Probably better than nothing though.

jaylaka

Apr 7, 2004, 7:43 PM
Post #16 of 16 (1521 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yeah, after crossing the finishing line of my first halfmarathon, the professional photographer took a picture of my friend and i. imagine my suprise upon receiving the photo to see the THO. was THAT why everyone was smiling and clapping for me for thirteen miles? :shock:

so yeah, no practical advice, just commiseration.

jen

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook