Premier Sponsor:

elstifster

May 11, 2004, 3:41 AM
Post #1 of 4 (177 views)
Shortcut

Success and life.
Report this Post
Can't Post

I guess this could be a worthless post, but hell, I'm not the first I am sure. I have always been interested in politcs and wanted to go into some political arena, still do, but I don't know what I want to do first. I am only 18, so I have plenty of time, but I want some opinions, maybe what some of you have done. I have public relations listed as my major now at The University of Alabama. I will be starting in the fall and well, I don't want to do that. I feel like I have let others pressure me into majoring in that to be "successful" but lately I am redefining success not as money or toys, but as being happy. And I have realized that I could be happier in some outdoor environment. Whether it be in some sort of outdoor shop I open, or working with kids outside teaching them about the outdoors, something like that. But can I make a living doing this? I mean I want to be able to support a family and still be happy, not a slave to a job I hate. What should I major in to open an outdoor store or work outside. And what are some good places to do that. I mean what would you do if you were me? I realize you don't know all about my situation or diddly like that, but just hypothetically. I want to be happy and work outdoors or open my own guide service maybe, or an outdoor store. Oh well, I could have just wasted some server space and time, but someone please throw in their .02 worth. Thanks.

Partner pianomahnn

May 11, 2004, 3:47 AM
Post #2 of 4 (177 views)
Shortcut

Re: Success and life. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If you're looking to do political stuffs, why not start at the local government? You could be an alderman, or something similar.

fullahsiffur

May 11, 2004, 3:52 AM
Post #3 of 4 (177 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.gototem.com/.../Business1/Penny.GIFhttp://www.gototem.com/.../Business1/Penny.GIF

Partner philbox

May 11, 2004, 4:45 AM
Post #4 of 4 (177 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hmmm, so you wanna work outdoors and you also have a hankering for politics/governemnt. Lemme see here now. (Phil shuffles through his job vacancy card file). Here we go then how about being one of them guys who works for a local council and leans on his shovel all day. Perfect, you`re outdoors and work for the gubmint and here`s the best thing you get paid for doing nuttin. :lol:

Edit to add, As opposed to nearly everyone else here who work indoors and get paid for doing nothing (evidence, posts in community).

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook