RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

arisma14

May 12, 2004, 1:58 PM
Post #1 of 10 (1274 views)
Shortcut

Muira size?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

so do you recommend that if i have a seize 9 street shoe, i should get a 39.5 miura? that translates to an 8 in US. will they stretch to fit comfortably? i know there was just a post about this but i wanted help with this specific question. thanks for anyones help. :)

danrauscher

May 12, 2004, 3:12 PM
Post #2 of 10 (1274 views)
Shortcut

Re: Muira size? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i'd go down a size or a size and a half from your street shoe. I do a size and a half, and it works nicely with my muiras

But I'd try them on before buying if at all possible

renobdarb

May 12, 2004, 3:35 PM
Post #3 of 10 (1274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

One thing I learned about Miuras: size them small... you're on the right track, and you may want to go down another half size.

monopocketmojo

May 12, 2004, 3:39 PM
Post #4 of 10 (1274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

disclaimer: don't listen to me or anyone else...buy whatever shoe fits your foot the best the way that you want it to.

that said, i wear between a 9 and 9.5 street shoe, and i've been wearing 39 muiras. but, when looking at buying new shoes, i've found that i can just barely wratchet my foot into a 28.5 now, so i think that i'm going to drop that half-size. My 39's have stretched to the point that it's cake to slide them on, which makes me think i should get smaller shoes next time. Breaking them in is going to be a beast, though...

arisma14

May 12, 2004, 3:53 PM
Post #5 of 10 (1274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

so u are saying that i should buy a size 39, right? that would be like a
6.5 or 7 in US size. how long will it take for them to stretch nicely. and how bad will they be on my feet at first?

monopocketmojo

May 12, 2004, 4:23 PM
Post #6 of 10 (1274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

size is a matter of personal preference. I want the smallest shoe that I can fit into at the start because i know that they are going to stretch out. The shoes that I use now started pretty small and have stretched out a lot. I got them resoled so they got more life out of them, but they are not as tight as i would like them to be now. That's why i'm going to go down a size.

For you, buy them according to how you like the feel. The first three weeks in a new pair of shoes is usually pretty bad--i had to force myself to wear my new shoes and not resort to my old ones. But, after three weeks the shoes have stretched out enough that they are only uncomfortable on the ground--when you're climbing they're awesome. putting on 38.5's takes a good deal of effort now, and they suck to wear at all, ground or wall, in three weeks i expect that i'll love them. like i said, you've gotta buy what you like, not what i do. they're your shoes on your feet, so they might fit differently for you than for anyone else, and you probably have different preferences on how tight you want your shoes and if it's worth the pain to have that tight of a shoe...that's just the way that i do it. i'm a glutton for punishment, but i love having a tight shoe to make my foot a more stable platform to climb on. i'm sure that there are drawbacks too...

angus

May 16, 2004, 5:21 AM
Post #7 of 10 (1274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i wear size 9 street shoes also. get the miuras in 40!

my first pair of Miura's i bought a size 39.5 and they hurt horribly for about 2 months. now after 6 months, they fit like a snug sock...still a lil uncomfortable for smears and walking, but overall it rides nicely.

i bought my second pair of miuras as a backup while i got my first pair resoled after 6 months. my second pair of miuras are size 40 and broke in perfectly after 2 climbs. it kinda molded to the shape of my foot and did not stretch in size yet. they're still perfect after a month.

if i had to start over again, i would go with the size 40s. the break in period for the 39.5s were horrible and i would not relive it for any amount of money.

in sum, i would without a doubt go with 40s. a tight fitting shoe will not perform any better if it's so uncomfortable that you can't keep them on for more than 20 minutes. i had to take my 39.5s off after every other climb for the first few months. not worth it.

hope this helps.

offwidthclimber

May 16, 2004, 5:28 AM
Post #8 of 10 (1274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i wear a 10 - 10.5 usa street shoe size and wear my miura's euro size 40.

of course, everyone's feet vary.

climber49er

May 16, 2004, 6:13 AM
Post #9 of 10 (1274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Something in this thread that seems to have gotten lost is the phrase, "Stretch to fit comfortably".

If you usually wear size nine, a 39.5 Miura will never fit comfortably. At least not in the normal sense, like being able to walk around comfortably. I wear an 8-8.5 street shoe and my 39.5 Miuras are ALMOST comfortable to climb in but I still hobble around if I have to walk in them. They hardly stretch at all. Even with feet nearly a size smaller than the original poster, my toes are still quite curled in them. Can you say, Hammertoe? :lol:

monopocketmojo

May 17, 2004, 4:27 PM
Post #10 of 10 (1274 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
If you usually wear size nine, a 39.5 Miura will never fit comfortably. At least not in the normal sense, like being able to walk around comfortably.

that's not true at all. i wear a 9-9.5 street shoe, and my 39 miuras are totally comfortable. i was wearing them for almost an hour this weekend, much of that time standing on pavement, and there was no discomfort at all...well, besides it being 40 degrees and windy, that is.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook