RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

Partner yannbuse

May 23, 2004, 8:56 PM
Post #1 of 1 (512 views)
Shortcut

Need help in finding info on a trip to Iran
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

My friend and i are planning to go to Iran late january next year for probably two maybe three weeks. Our plan is to accomplish some winter ascents (hopefully Damavand) but also split the time going heliskiing. We figured our nationalities wont be troublesome (french and norwegian) in acquiring a visa, but what visa should we be applying for?

It might seem odd to include heliskiing, but this is our reason. We love to go mountaineering but we also love to go backcountry skiing. So in the past we have linked the two ie, by going to Colorado and skiing the 14ers during the winter. While i was living in Chamonix, they called it ski mountaineering. Returning back to the point, we have concluded that the climbs in the Iran are going to be tuff enough during the winter let alone with ski gear, so we want to get some climbing done with out the skis. But since we're there we want to ski some of the sweet powder i hear of. We have tried researching it and found that a few parties went heliskiing for dirt cheap, so for us this is an opportunity we can miss out on. Plus if we have a chopper running, we could cover more peaks by travelling to different base camps in the nick of time.

So basically alot of organisign and planning has to be happen. We've tried looking online and through books but we're having alot of problems. We know that there is charter choppers, but we cant find any means of contact with them. We're also having some difficulty in finding information on the best places to set up camp, what route to take, etc. At this point we're emailing news agencies that had an article on skiing in Iran.

So if you have any information what so ever on the climbing, skiing, heliskiing, camping, travel, you name it, on Iran please help us!

Oh and by the way we have planned to have our HQ if you would like in Tehran (someone is housing us).

Thanks alot for your time!

Yann

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook