RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

iceisnice

Jun 3, 2004, 2:34 PM
Post #1 of 3 (777 views)
Shortcut

Looking for partners for Rainier
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey, I'm looking to go climb Mt Rainier either aug 10-13 or aug 19-22 (dates not set in stone, but would like to work around those days). I'm looking for some partners that have some mtneering experience and would like to do one of the harder routes (i.e. Liberty Ridge, Ptarmigan Ridge, etc). I've been on Rainier a couple of times during the winter, but have never done a good summer route. I am willing to go with people who are not too experienced but they need to be in good shape. Drop me a line if you are interested and we can figure out if we would drive each other crazy when a 3-day storm hits, hehe. Later.

slash

Jun 5, 2004, 4:22 AM
Post #2 of 3 (777 views)
Shortcut

Re: Looking for partners for Rainier [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Iceisnice,

I would love to go! I am definitely in the low on experience--technical experience; but decent on fitness category.

Dates that work around the weekend are allways better for me. I live in SLC, if you are close, maybe we could hook up for a few climbs.

Didn't somebody die just die on Liberty Ridge?

Mark

fear

Jun 5, 2004, 4:32 AM
Post #3 of 3 (777 views)
Shortcut

Re: Looking for partners for Rainier [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Having just gotten back from Liberty Ridge I can vouch that you certainly don't want to be on or near LR in a few weeks let alone August.... Same goes for Ptarmigan. Lots of rockfall w/ the lower section being very melted out already.... 2 dead already this year alone. Upper Carbon this year in August would be interesting to say the least....

DC or Emmons are ok in August usually. Weather is nice then. I've done DC as late as early September but it was heinously open around Ingrahm with multiple ladder crossings and a giant loose pile of crap for the actual cleaver.

Have fun.

-Fear

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook