RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

no_limits_dad

Jun 10, 2004, 5:33 PM
Post #1 of 5 (2323 views)
Shortcut

Bonn - Bad Gotesburg 20-21 Jun
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I will be Bonn - Bad Gotesburg 20-21 Jun and am wondering what climbing may be close by. Please PM me with any information. Even better, perhaps you may want to take pity on a business traveller in need of a rock fix and take him along to the crag with you.
Wayne

climbjunk

Jun 10, 2004, 9:13 PM
Post #2 of 5 (2323 views)
Shortcut

Re: Bonn - Bad Gotesburg 20-21 Jun [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

just 2 days is fairly short, but there is a quarry nearby thats used for bouldering, fogot the name, there are good gyms in Cologne (Bronx-rock and Chimpanzodrome) and Aachen (Tivoli), There is the Eifel near Nideggen, west of Colgne (some restrictions apply..) and the Odenwald.
Use climbing.de as the major german site if you are looking for a "Kletterpartner" , otherwise german climbers would qualify as "mostly harmless" as in Douglas Adams, but nice and friendly. So have fun.

no_limits_dad

Jun 11, 2004, 12:06 AM
Post #3 of 5 (2323 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

climbjunk, Dank viel. Ich schaue oben climbing.de und versuche für einige Partner.
Ihr, Wayne

daisuke

Jun 11, 2004, 12:37 AM
Post #4 of 5 (2323 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

you might also try the Ettringen and Kottenheim climbing areas, they're about an hour south east of bonn at the most, close to Koblenz. Ettringen (also called Mayen) is very very nice but somewhat hard and some routes are all trad if that's your thing, and it usually isn't as full as Nideggen. Kottenheim is right next door to Ettringen really... and also very nice for bouldering and short sport routes.

oh and if you want a real challenge, go to the Hohenzollern brucke in cologne (the train bridge) and give the east side a try, it's legal to climb there and hard as hell!

D

no_limits_dad

Jun 20, 2004, 3:39 PM
Post #5 of 5 (2323 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Climbjunk and Daisuke,
I did go out today and enjoyed myself. The short sport climbs at Kottenheim in the old quarry look interesting but I only brought boulder gear and was alone. So, I bouldered. A really nice area. I didn't see another soul except a man walking his dog (actually two souls.) I expect to try the rail bridge in Kolne tomorrow.
Thanks for your help,
Wayne

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook