First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

action

Jun 16, 2004, 1:49 PM
Post #26 of 98 (4006 views)
Shortcut

Re: Girl friends Of Climbers who really don't climb [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jeeeez....it is all about maintaining a balance! it can't be that bad. it does not take alot of money to go climbing once you have all the gear. fill up the car (split cost with your climbing partner), grab several packs of ramen noodels, couple gallons of water, and go climbing for a couple of days. regarding bigger trips....well...save up some money. don't buy that candy bar or soda everyday. have a gerage sale....BE FRUGAL. if you just keep being depressed about it...well...thats all you'll be.

montgomerywick

Jun 16, 2004, 1:52 PM
Post #27 of 98 (4006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

have sex with his non-climbing buddies

/jeez

Partner rgold

Jun 16, 2004, 2:39 PM
Post #28 of 98 (4006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You are in a very tough situation, because you entered into a relationship before climbing was an issue and now it is becoming one. And it is hard for anyone to worry that perhaps an activity is becoming more important to their partner than the relationship itself, most especially when a child is involved.

The two of you had a child together. That child ought to be the first priority in your lives. This doesn't mean your partner has to give up climbing. On the other hand, any doubts you have as a mother about exposing yourself to voluntary risks for the purpose of recreation (especially if it isn't recreation for you) is entirely justifiable. Do not beat yourself up for feeling tentative about climbing, it is a sympton of your human decency.

People have given you advice about supporting your partner. Frankly, I think it is your partner who may need some advice. Of course parents can climb, but they ought to be able to make time for their families without making everyone feel guilty for keeping them from their "real" passion.

A funny thing about a lot of climbers I know: they miss climbing when they are with their families and they miss their families when they are climbing. Its almost as if both activities are of more theoretical than practical interest. As soon as they get into a life and death situation, they start thinking longingly about the partner and kids they were in such a rush to leave behind...

So how come you aren't getting married?

gobae

Jun 16, 2004, 3:00 PM
Post #29 of 98 (4006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You know, you can have a kid and still go climbing. My partner and his wife (a non-climber too) used to take their son climbing since he was born.

Babies are easy to deal with at TR crags, most of the time they sit in a car seat/carrier anyway. The early toddler years are harder but still not impossible. It just requires a closer eye and maybe rigging a swami/harness clipped to you. Once they play with toys on their own they can play in the dirt at the bottom of the cliff while you watch. (From my childhood; real dirt was way better than cheap "sandbox sand" anyway!) Bring some Matchbox cars or "Polly Pockets", they're small, and you can make houses and roads for them from the sticks and stones nearby.

Kids don't have to stay home to be safe. Kids are more adaptable and durable than modern society gives them credit for. And with some common sense from their parents they can go or do just about anything.

katydid

Jun 16, 2004, 3:10 PM
Post #30 of 98 (4006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The other thing you might want to do is talk to your SO about what exactly he does when he goes climbing -- how all that gear works, what he does while he climbs to reduce the risk. He can explain to you about what he and his partner(s) do to keep things as safe as possible, and how this "climbing thing" works. I'm sure you'll still worry a bit when he's out because that's normal, but at least you'll understand what he's doing while he's out there, which may make you feel better.

It's pretty clear he's got his priorities straight -- he's putting his family first. That indicates to me that if he's out at the crag he's not going to do anything stupid, because it would endanger his family as well as him.

And ditto on going out with him and taking the little one. I've seen people at the crag with everything from infants to toddlers. You just have to adapt what you're doing to accomodate the kid ... see the previous post for some great suggestions.

k.

dredsovrn

Jun 16, 2004, 3:24 PM
Post #31 of 98 (4006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

WTF?

cedk

Jun 16, 2004, 3:32 PM
Post #32 of 98 (4006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Morons! I've got morons on my team!

This post was clearly a troll/joke.

Come on!! Everything girlfriendofclimber has written, including the name is a joke. He plays with his equipment!! No one wants to tell GFOC to suck it? That's what the poster was fishing for. And the kid has such a cliche of a name that GFOC (who is a dude) messed up and put quotations around it.

Wise up rubes.

the_pirate

Jun 16, 2004, 3:35 PM
Post #33 of 98 (4006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Some women stay at home with the kids while their man spends every free minute golfing.

Some women stay at home with the kids while their man spends all his time on a bar stool.

Some women stay at home with the kids while their man spends nights and weekends working or chasing stock prices.

Some women stay at home with the kids with a man that's miles away, sitting in the same room glued to the boob tube.

You ended up with a climber. That ain't so bad.

deleted
Deleted

Jun 16, 2004, 4:42 PM
Post #34 of 98 (606 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thank you cedk. Jesus. "He looks at me with those big green eyes"??? Are you kidding me?

Partner missedyno

Jun 16, 2004, 4:47 PM
Post #35 of 98 (4006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm guessing this is a troll of some sort.

we're all climbers here - try

www.myboyfriendgoesrockclimbing.com

utjake99

Jun 16, 2004, 4:57 PM
Post #36 of 98 (4006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

are you on crack or something, you make no sense in any of your questions and reply's. did you pass the third grade?

deleted
Deleted

Jun 16, 2004, 5:03 PM
Post #37 of 98 (606 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[quote:2e32e1f298="utjake99"]are you on crack or something, you make no sense in any of your questions and reply's. did you pass the third grade?[/quote:2e32e1f298]

"reply's" Maybe you should check your own grammar there, Mr. Judgmental.

catra

Jun 16, 2004, 5:27 PM
Post #38 of 98 (4006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You need to find a sport or hobby... I love my husband and miss him whens he's gone....

When he's away I run alot more... That's my passion... I train and run Ultra marathon my favorite distance is 100 mile race's....

I travel and train all over.... I met my husband while I was training in Yosemite.... We both enjoy each other's sport... He runs a little I climb a little....

I'm sure it's hard with a kid.... That's why I will never have a baby, my lfe is way to busy to deal with a child....
Good luck...

Catra

rocknrun.net

djmeat

Jun 16, 2004, 8:29 PM
Post #39 of 98 (4006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I, for one, am very impressed.
http://www.todd.youre.net/emotes/trolls.gif

the_pirate

Jun 16, 2004, 8:35 PM
Post #40 of 98 (4006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've got this treble hook stuck in my lower lip. Can someone please help. :?

jumpingrock

Jun 16, 2004, 8:55 PM
Post #41 of 98 (4006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I've got this treble hook stuck in my lower lip. Can someone please help. :?

But I like music!

tempestwind

Jun 17, 2004, 1:22 AM
Post #42 of 98 (4006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

As I was reading through this thread, this is what I was thinking 100%. You might want to start by taking some English or Literature classes at your local university or community college.
:nono: It is incorrect to capitalize the "E" in english or the "L" in literature. So you can think in your 100% realm of ignorance and try to get a clue.

What a dweeeb. :roll:

tempestwind

Jun 17, 2004, 1:28 AM
Post #43 of 98 (4006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Morons! I've got morons on my team!

This post was clearly a troll/joke.

Come on!! Everything girlfriendofclimber has written, including the name is a joke. He plays with his equipment!! No one wants to tell GFOC to suck it? That's what the poster was fishing for. And the kid has such a cliche of a name that GFOC (who is a dude) messed up and put quotations around it.

Wise up rubes.

Yout team huh? What joke. I happen to know them. Everyone else here can tell that she is sincere. I guess you were that kid in the class room that was so unhappy he had to ruin everthing.

Partner angry

Jun 17, 2004, 1:52 AM
Post #44 of 98 (4006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Total troll. I can't believe it made 3 pages for someone to call it. Pretty funny though.

If this girlfriend chick is a foriegner dating an american climber, I could almost see it. I have a friend in the same situation and his German babe is totally clueless, dramatic, and clingy. But her english is waaaay better.

dorkmaster

Jun 17, 2004, 2:28 AM
Post #45 of 98 (4006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

when I first read the title, I thought it meant Climbers who don't really climb's Girlfriends....like poser climbers girlfriends...and I was thinking....WTF?!?!? :evil:

girlfrndofclmbr

Jun 17, 2004, 2:56 AM
Post #46 of 98 (4006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Whatever you think what you want. just cause your lonley and have no one to care for.

girlfrndofclmbr

Jun 17, 2004, 3:04 AM
Post #47 of 98 (4006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just because I cant't spell all that well dosent mean you have to be so negative. I thought there was only one "Grammer Nazi" here.

girlfrndofclmbr

Jun 17, 2004, 3:16 AM
Post #48 of 98 (4006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
You need to find a sport or hobby... I love my husband and miss him whens he's gone....

When he's away I run alot more... That's my passion... I train and run Ultra marathon my favorite distance is 100 mile race's....

I travel and train all over.... I met my husband while I was training in Yosemite.... We both enjoy each other's sport... He runs a little I climb a little....

I'm sure it's hard with a kid.... That's why I will never have a baby, my lfe is way to busy to deal with a child....
Good luck...

Catra

rocknrun.net

My boyfriend met your husband. They met back in 2001 in camp 4. Your husband was very inspiring to my boyfriend. He never got to climb with him, Because he was in a train accident that happened in Placentia.

jumpingrock

Jun 17, 2004, 4:49 AM
Post #49 of 98 (4006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hee Hee Hee... the troll isn't getting bites so it is rebaiting the hooks... this one is a masterbaiter.

tempestwind

Jun 17, 2004, 5:52 AM
Post #50 of 98 (4005 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Hee Hee Hee... the troll isn't getting bites so it is rebaiting the hooks... this one is a masterbaiter.

Uhhh-uh-uh DUH! Dude your so cool. Your wit is soooo original.
What a fu^%in dork. :roll:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook