RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Access Issues & Closures

Premier Sponsor:

climbhigh2005

Jun 17, 2004, 1:28 AM
Post #1 of 9 (2306 views)
Shortcut

Little Rock City
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have only been one other time to LRC and that was at the Triple Crown Boudlering Comp, and the place was awesome... Today I went back, and it was grown up and desserted... Half of the boulders, you had to climb over fallen trees to get to... and the trail was completely grown up... there was only one other climber there the whole day... Dont get me wrong, the climbing there is awesome... but we need to clean it up some... I just dont want to wait until the next climbing competition to be able to climb there... Cant we plan something and get out there and have a trail day or something?

badass

Jun 17, 2004, 2:55 AM
Post #2 of 9 (2306 views)
Shortcut

Re: Little Rock City [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'd be down. I've never been to Little rock city.

whalesneedlove

Jun 17, 2004, 3:06 AM
Post #3 of 9 (2306 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah it looked like a bad storm went by or something. I was there maybe 2 weeks ago. It would be nice if we could get a group together to do some cleaning sometime. Also on a side note, I think I left a pair of climbing shoes there. Did any of you happen to see a pair of size 10 anasazi velcros? If anyone did I would be forever in their debt.

bradmc

Jun 17, 2004, 3:16 AM
Post #4 of 9 (2306 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The Southeastern Climbers Coalition www.seclimbers.org sponsors an annual trail day at Little Rock City. Kinda cool as we get to ride around LRC picking up trash and working on the trails. There was also alot of work in prepping the area for last years Triple Crown Bouldering Comp.

An email was just sent to one of the primary organizers in the LRC area. I am sure they will be working in the near future to clear any downed limbs.

Thanks for your support of LRC and SE Climbing!

janiszewski11

Jun 17, 2004, 4:05 AM
Post #5 of 9 (2306 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was there a few days ago and yes the trails were in kinda bad shape, however it may be better to let all the summer storms come through and then have a trail day once the "season" (cold weather) begins. Oh, and there were anasazis sitting on the little kiosk at the trailhead but i left them there, sorry.

kirkbrode

Jun 17, 2004, 5:03 AM
Post #6 of 9 (2306 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
it may be better to let all the summer storms come through and then have a trail day once the "season" (cold weather) begins.

We're glad you guys are phyched to take of LRC. The SCC is having a trail day in Oct. We'll be settling on a date very soon. Stay tuned to the website: www.seclimbers.org

In the mean time, we'll run out and take care of downed trees and whatnot.

Thank you, Kirk.

climbhigh2005

Jun 17, 2004, 1:34 PM
Post #7 of 9 (2306 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks so much and if there is anything I can do to help.... As far as I know I should be a member of the SEC I donated some money at the Float the Boat last year, but I dont think anyone ever wrote down my name or anything... They said I would get a free membmership, but I dont know what that consist of? And yesterday, the shoes were at the kiosk, they should still be there bc there was only one other climber there. btw I cant wait til this years triple crown.. its gonna be awesome!

stewbabby

Jun 17, 2004, 2:53 PM
Post #8 of 9 (2306 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

melissa,

send me your information... email phone addr ext.... Ill check our master list and see if you are signed up... also tell me the amount if you remember...

stewart
email- ck5fc@allstate.com

whalesneedlove

Jun 17, 2004, 6:21 PM
Post #9 of 9 (2306 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks so much guys for telling me my shoes were there. I thought for sure if I left them there I would never see them again. Thats one of the best things about most climbers, they would rather help you out than steal from you.

Forums : Climbing Information : Access Issues & Closures

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook