Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
boy scout camp in sulphur, oklahoma
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

oklahoma

Jun 30, 2004, 4:39 PM
Post #1 of 9 (4181 views)
Shortcut

boy scout camp in sulphur, oklahoma  (North_America: United_States: Oklahoma: Southeast: Slippery_Falls_Ranch)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

You have to be a boy scout to climb there? You said 'for now' like there's a chance of that changing. Is there?

There's a boy scout camp near hear and I've found that they are very picky about who comes onto their land, but they want all their neighbors with surrounding land to let the boy scouts go on to their land. Kinda stupid.

climbtothebeet

Jun 30, 2004, 5:07 PM
Post #2 of 9 (4181 views)
Shortcut

Re: boy scout camp in sulphur, oklahoma [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey, i live in bartlesville and i am a boyscout. what cmap areu talking about? the only one i know of that is near bartlesville is McClintock. and there isnt any climbing there.

the reason boyscouts are picky about who comes on there property is lawsuites. boyscouts get sued for anyhting up to farting and being a non profit orginazation we have problems paying for it. soo... we have stupid rules like that. it sucks, i agree. but, since u live near me, mabe i could help u get in. let me know whats what

oklahoma

Jul 1, 2004, 5:07 AM
Post #3 of 9 (4181 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

whatever camp is near slippery falls ranch in sulphur.

I don't know of any climbing at McClintock, but then again I've only been out there legally once and that was when I was like 12 and in boyscouts. They do have some pretty sweet bike trails though, and they've kicked me off a couple times. They dont' have a fence, and the trails from osage hills goes straight into McClintock. If you don't want me there, don't give me a trail. They have a tiny little sign that says 'boy scouts only' and I always pick up the sign and lay it flat and then ride on, then some old man in some killer short shorts tells me to get off the property.

But hey, if you are in Shady B we should climb sometime, PM me and we'll set things up. This towns small enough we probably know each other.

climbtothebeet

Jul 1, 2004, 5:14 AM
Post #4 of 9 (4181 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sory typo, mcclinton has NOTHING. ive heard of some guys repeling off the chapel into the creek. not shure hjow they did that. sounds like a reason to wash your gear to me. duno.
be nice to that dude that kiked you off. if it is who i think it is, hes a cool guy. he got fired for trying to keep little cubyscout stuff out of the camp. there were guan set up tpees and stuff permanantly. dum politics. where do u live again?

fullahsiffur

Jul 1, 2004, 7:06 AM
Post #5 of 9 (4181 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

To clear this up: I was the one who posted Slippery Falls. They said that they MIGHT let 'organizations' onto the land. So unless you go there as a boyscout (as I did three weeks ago) or you join the Wichita Mountains Climbers Coalition you are out of luck.

Any other questions?

(P.S.: I've been to McClintock and all they have is a suspension bridge and hay bales [at least when I camped there])

climbtothebeet

Jul 1, 2004, 4:16 PM
Post #6 of 9 (4181 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

where is this slipery falls? and dou know a phone number or some way of contacting teh ranger or sombody out there?

(p.s. mclintoc ha only what you say. oh, no they put up a new pavilion, and there is a tall pole in the middle of the feiald used to play stick ball.)

fullahsiffur

Jul 1, 2004, 5:05 PM
Post #7 of 9 (4181 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.mapquest.com/...p.adp?zo=1&rand=5283

fullahsiffur

Jul 1, 2004, 5:08 PM
Post #8 of 9 (4181 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.mapquest.com/...ick=center&rand=9779

Slippery Falls is just South of Reagan (Near Sulphur)

fullahsiffur

Jul 1, 2004, 5:16 PM
Post #9 of 9 (4181 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Find Sulphur on a map (South-central Oklahoma). then find Reagan (Southeast of Suplur) and Slippery Falls is just South of there.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook