RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

paintsaint

Jul 31, 2004, 5:40 PM
Post #1 of 8 (3762 views)
Shortcut

setup indoor
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I was wanting to setup a slackline indoors since that is pretty much the only place i can set it up right now and the fact that it is brutally hot outside to be slacklining during the day.
Does anyone know of a good way to set it up? What should i use for anchors.
I was thinking maybe i could just anchor it into the studs in the wall but wasn't sure if they could hold up.

Any input would be appreciated..

seidon

Jul 31, 2004, 11:03 PM
Post #2 of 8 (3762 views)
Shortcut

Re: setup indoor [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Personally im not too sure about the whole stud idea. I dont think that they would hold w/o intruding on the structural integrity of the house. Drywall joints would definatly crack b/c of flexing, and in my own personal opinion, i think that if u got to crazy on the line, then u MIGHT be able to rip the anchors right out of the wall and then your stuck with two big holes in your walls to deal with...an no one wants that. Im not exactly sure WHAT you COULD anchor to indoors w/o having to worry about it...

Maybe if you have a basement and u can somehow get anchors into the concrete flooring then you could just use a couple of saw horses to get the line off of the floor. Otherwise i dont know what to tell ya.

chalked4dyno

Aug 1, 2004, 1:23 AM
Post #3 of 8 (3762 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

concrete floors or solid concrete walls in the basement would be your best bet (still not a great idea). Your walls were made to support weight from above, you probably shouldn't yank on them sideways. Just think of side-loading a carabiner, or drop-kicking your walls... My $0.02, drink lots of water, wear sunscreen, go outside.

paintsaint

Aug 1, 2004, 10:03 PM
Post #4 of 8 (3762 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

thanks for the input...
I know the local climbing gym i goto has a line hooked up between hangers on the climbing wall. Maybe i'll try to ask them if that is reinforced at all. Either way im not going to try it anchored straight to the stud, but possibly to a concrete slab might work. if all else i'll ask my friend to do it in her yard between some trees or something and i'll just rig it up everytime i want to play on it.
thanks again for the input

Partner coldclimb

Aug 2, 2004, 2:11 AM
Post #5 of 8 (3762 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
concrete floors or solid concrete walls in the basement would be your best bet (still not a great idea). Your walls were made to support weight from above, you probably shouldn't yank on them sideways. Just think of side-loading a carabiner, or drop-kicking your walls... My $0.02, drink lots of water, wear sunscreen, go outside.

Word. A 2x4 frame like a wall wouldn't work well. I've never tried, but I think concrete probably would do fine, if done right. Best option is outside though. :)

johnson6102002

Sep 9, 2004, 11:19 PM
Post #6 of 8 (3762 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i put one up in my basment using the red metal poles that hold up the major croos beams in my house! worked fine for me but i also set one up in the middle of my woods which works great lots of shade too

Partner wideguy

Sep 9, 2004, 11:40 PM
Post #7 of 8 (3762 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
i put one up in my basment using the red metal poles that hold up the major croos beams in my house! worked fine for me but i also set one up in the middle of my woods which works great lots of shade too

Dude, don't know how much you weight or how you fastened or reinforced or alot of other details about your setup but same as a 2x4 wall, those columns are INCREDIBLY strong for downward load but not intended for side pull. Granted, with the weight of a house on them I doubt they'd pull sideways, out from under that beam, but on the off chance they do, down comes the whole house, on top of you. Bad idea.

Stick to
your outsdie line, much better plan

johnson6102002

Sep 9, 2004, 11:51 PM
Post #8 of 8 (3762 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Dude, don't know how much you weight or how you fastened or reinforced or alot of other details about your setup but same as a 2x4 wall, those columns are INCREDIBLY strong for downward load but not intended for side pull. Granted, with the weight of a house on them I doubt they'd pull sideways, out from under that beam, but on the off chance they do, down comes the whole house, on top of you. Bad idea.

Stick to
your outsdie line, much better plan

I havent had a problem they really solid and are bolted into the concrete floor as well as the giant wooden beams that run the lenght o fmy house

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook