Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
bouldering in Tishomingo St. Park (mississippi)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

alternativekudzu

Feb 17, 2002, 8:05 PM
Post #1 of 4 (3872 views)
Shortcut

bouldering in Tishomingo St. Park (mississippi)  (North_America: United_States: Mississippi: Northeast_Mississippi: Tishomingo_State_Park)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Wondering if there was anyone that could help me out finding where some good bouldering is in the park. I've only been up around Jean's Overhang and the small cliffs on down to the right of it. Just went out today and spent most of my time on one boulder to the left of the overhang. (Motha Rt.??) Its a 2 hr. drive for me to get there and I don't want to spend all day looking for spots when i go out thanks guys...

[ This Message was edited by: alternativekudzu on 2002-02-18 21:27 ]

brianhall

Mar 3, 2002, 5:27 PM
Post #2 of 4 (3872 views)
Shortcut

bouldering in Tishomingo St. Park (mississippi) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

if you're still curious about the tishomingo bouldering, you need look no farther than the little office that houses the rangers as you come into the place. park your car in the little parking lot that's to the right of that office, go in and give them two bucks, and then, if you walk over to the picnic tables on the other side of the office from where your car is, you'll see a little makeshift bridge. the bouldering is all through there, tons of low level problems. if you wanted to buy one of those 10 dollar brochures, you could learn the names and ratings to a few of those boulders, but if you look around, you'll see my chalk on a lot that dont show up in the brochure. happy climbing

shelwriter

Jul 15, 2002, 1:26 AM
Post #3 of 4 (3872 views)
Shortcut

bouldering in Tishomingo St. Park (mississippi) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi-

I live really close by Tishomingo State Park. Never been rock climbing in my life. But I really want to learn. Is it safe for someone who knows nothing about rock climbing to go and try it on their own? Can I just drive there and do it without gear and a partner? Or do I need all that? Any help you can give me would be really appreciated. Thanks!!!

Partner chugach001

Aug 10, 2004, 3:00 AM
Post #4 of 4 (3872 views)
Shortcut

Climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Shelle,

Check out...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/northmississippirockclimbing/

and you should be able to find a local partner. Also, post here on rc.com. It'll be expensive and dangerous teaching yourself and i'm sure you can find someone to teach you the ropes.

Good luck,
Jeff

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook