RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Indoor Gyms

Premier Sponsor:

atomic

Aug 28, 2004, 9:05 PM
Post #1 of 14 (4134 views)
Shortcut

Atomic Holds input
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

We have great climbing holds that are very inexpensive. http://www.atomicholds.com However, I would be the first on to say, that we don't have the best selection. So, I am looking for ideas to give you guys better holds at a great price. Don't "hold" back, let me know what you think.

Sorry for the bad pun.

Thanks

Scott

p.s. we also have great prices on t-nuts.

jookyhead

Aug 28, 2004, 10:02 PM
Post #2 of 14 (4134 views)
Shortcut

Re: Atomic Holds input [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I think you basically hit it on the head - you lack selection. Your prices are very reasonable, which is why I personally have considered buying from you in the past and probably will buy from you in the future; especially if you expand to a larger selection. It would help if you divided your types of holds so they could be purchased in sets by their type (crimps, jugs, slopers, etc.). It's also helpful if you have something to give an idea of the positivity of the hold. Something to a general idea on what angle face it is usable on. Also, does hardware included, mean bolts and t-nuts? Or only bolts?

dredsovrn

Aug 29, 2004, 12:24 AM
Post #3 of 14 (4134 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have a bunch of your holds. Maybe most of them. It's hard to explain what kind of holds, just more variety. Tweak them. Add dimples, shallow pockets, odd edges, crimps, big flakes, cracks, whatever. Just keep mixing it up and I will keep buying them.

pushsendnorcal

Aug 29, 2004, 2:48 AM
Post #4 of 14 (4134 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Organization in you hold selection needs to be improved as well as your hold selection in general. What you want to do is take all your hold ideas and write them down and then begin to separate them into sections that would be easy to understand for the buyer.

My suggestion is to take all your holds and first divide them into two parts. Part 1 would be training holds, which are single-hand crimps, pinches, slopers, jugs and pockets. These would be your training holds or your basic series like Revolution has. These holds dont have any fancy textures to them, no divots, scoops or secrete thumb catches. Think training when shaping

Part 2, would have your textured holds. You could have your sandstone series, limestone series etc. . .

PM me if you want more suggestions, I have shaped for half a dozen major hold companies and all of them have clear cut ideas on what they want from their shapers

lnmego

Aug 29, 2004, 9:50 PM
Post #5 of 14 (4134 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have some of your holds, too, and I agree. Good price, poor selection.

If I were you, I'd just get out a piece of paper and start drawing shapes. Draw a page of buckets. Draw a page of pockets. Draw a page of crimps... slopers, etc. Then do the same with rock types. Then, use the pictures as inspiration and make tons of shapes. CATEGORIZE them that way.

Keep selling them cheap. I know I'll buy more with some more options.

If you truly lack inspiration, ask for submissions and have a contest. (Although I can already anticipate second place complaining that you used their ideas without credit or something.) Pick the one you like best and give the guy/gal a free set. I'd send pictures in :).

Good Luck.

atomic

Sep 1, 2004, 2:44 PM
Post #6 of 14 (4134 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks everyone for the info. I appreciate any feedback, good or bad. I am currently going over my current selection and trying to organize a little better. We have also started creating new holds. So keep checking back and thanks for the support.

What type of holds are you looking for? Slopers, screw-ons, crimps, etc.

Thanks

Scott

aznrockclimber82

Sep 1, 2004, 2:56 PM
Post #7 of 14 (4134 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dude, push the limits, rock doesn't conform for us *except damn chippers* . Just think about creating something that feels good but is hard to hold. plus throw in some sick lookin holds that people can make a choice of how to grab it. Like make a sloper that can be a large pinch for someone with big hands and add a small ingroove to the same hold for people to crimp on it that are small. Something like that would be cool....not to often you see holds you can PICK which way you can grab them.

michey

Sep 1, 2004, 3:21 PM
Post #8 of 14 (4134 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

For everyone's information, Atomicholds.com and atomikclimbingholds.com are 2 different companies. Atomik carries over 350 shapes with the lowest prices guaranteed against our competitors. If you are looking for a hook up and are buying holds from us, we offer bolts and t-nuts at our cost which is $0.10 for a 2 inch bolt and $0.05 for a t-nut. We certainly do not wish to defame any company including Atomic in California. We are in business to offer climbers the best holds for the best prices period while only employing climbers. Our phone # is 801-404-0280. Kenny Matys-President

mtimoszyk

Sep 3, 2004, 11:05 PM
Post #9 of 14 (4134 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have some of your holds on my wall at home and find them slippery. The texture seems to "not" be there. It could just be me. They do seem to be built well. And I would agree with the assorment is lacking.

yo_escalado

Sep 5, 2004, 4:59 PM
Post #10 of 14 (4134 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i like the free cup holder w/ every purchase!

Partner tyify

Sep 5, 2004, 6:26 PM
Post #11 of 14 (4134 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.wonderfullywacky.com/candompicbsh.jpg
http://www.wonderfullywacky.com/candompackagesh.jpg

Now there's a can holder!

Partner tyify

Sep 5, 2004, 6:28 PM
Post #12 of 14 (4134 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I would suggest taking a look at some of your other competitors holds making molds of them and then changing them by 20% or more. Much like you'd play a song on the guitar then modify it and make it your own. If you use clay over molds simply take the mold off and make it a diffrent shape. Don't steal others holds simply gather ideas from them.

climber4life

Sep 18, 2004, 7:55 PM
Post #13 of 14 (4134 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Very cheap is what they are.
Adding fingerboards/ campus boards and screw-ons help add selection.

atomic

Sep 28, 2004, 3:40 PM
Post #14 of 14 (4134 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, you guys asked for it, and somewhat got. I have new holds. It is not much for now, but more will come.

http://www.atomicholds.com/...s/New%20Products.htm

Thanks for the support

Scott

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Indoor Gyms

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook